No announcement yet.

Stop complaining to R2 about your lag, sheesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised there isn't a minimum and a recommended spec posted somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
      just a reminder R2Games-Rules try and keep things within the rules as I do not want to have the thread dissolve into a flame match... and the info that is being posted, is very valuable to me.....
      k, u have my coorperation.
      Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
      good point. but then again, i seldom see a minimum/recommended spec on browser games.
      (besides flash version requirement and recommended browser)
      Last edited by shynnblu; 03-24-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

there is not one for r2 as far as I know... and I have got wartune to run on a 1.2 gig single core running windows xp home with 128 mbs graphics and 512 mgs of ram... its just a matter of knowing how to chop the system down.....

however its not really any use to most players as they need a faster system and I do things like that for testing purposes
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

It will cut down on complaints when specs are given. Usually if a user's setup falls underneath minimum spec, a company can point to it as a means to an end. Since templates are the norm, I'm again surprised this isn't an available avenue.

there is not one for r2 as far as I know... and I have got wartune to run on a 1.2 gig single core running windows xp home with 128 mbs graphics and 512 mgs of ram... its just a matter of knowing how to chop the system down.....

however its not really any use to most players as they need a faster system and I do things like that for testing purposes
          I guarantee that system will choke in an hour's worth of playing as the bloat alone will bring it to its knees. Go into DA and watch it crumble. :P Numbers available upon request (4 systems).

Comment

Is 16gb RAM and 8gb graphics card RAM and higher end specs the min requirement for most newer 3d games these days.

Comment

Originally posted by JeriahDavid View Post
              Is 16gb RAM and 8gb graphics card RAM and higher end specs the min requirement for most newer 3d games these days.
              Seems a bit overkill for minimum. I assume the proc for that rig is quad+?

Comment

just a reminder R2Games-Rules try and keep things within the rules as I do not want to have the thread dissolve into a flame match... and the info that is being posted, is very valuable to me.....
                Here are some additional information

1. My only lag concern is with bg which started only after 1.5 patch. Before then I had no lag problem at all. (I still have no lag problem elsewhere)
                2. My comp is quad-core, 8 gb Ram, 2 Gb memory dedicated grphics card. - latest 3d games works perfectly, highly doubt wartune req better comp.
                3. Tried d/l a movie when bg lag kicked in. I get 1mb per sec d/l. - Was able to d/l a movie b4 my first battle in bg started.. highly doubt its my internet speed.
                4. Tried different flash game at the same time bg lag kicked in - other flash game had no lag at all..(its multiplayer card game and its live as well)
                5. Tried FF,Chrome, IE 10, Safari. - all resulted in same lag
                6. Not sure if this is area specific but Im from Oceania area which is not too far from Asia geographically where ppl are saying they experience the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by aezero14 View Post
                  Here are some additional information

1. My only lag concern is with bg which started only after 1.5 patch. Before then I had no lag problem at all. (I still have no lag problem elsewhere)
                  2. My comp is quad-core, 8 gb Ram, 2 Gb memory dedicated grphics card. - latest 3d games works perfectly, highly doubt wartune req better comp.
                  3. Tried d/l a movie when bg lag kicked in. I get 1mb per sec d/l. - Was able to d/l a movie b4 my first battle in bg started.. highly doubt its my internet speed.
                  4. Tried different flash game at the same time bg lag kicked in - other flash game had no lag at all..(its multiplayer card game and its live as well)
                  5. Tried FF,Chrome, IE 10, Safari. - all resulted in same lag
                  6. Not sure if this is area specific but Im from Oceania area which is not too far from Asia geographically where ppl are saying they experience the lag.
                  Nice setup.

For giggles, have you trace route'd under the command prompt to see if it's a particular node?

Comment

Nice setup.

For giggles, have you trace route'd under the command prompt to see if it's a particular node?
                    Lol...would be nice if some IT expert can share some tests we can use to determine whether its geographical, server side issues or just plainly our own Comp setup issue. I saw someone mentioned reverting to flash version 10.3 but no one replied on how we can do that as I'm interested to try it to see if it'll eliminate the lag in GB too since I don't get any lag anywhere else. (just for reference, I use an i7 core laptop with 8GB ram and additional 2Gb dedicated graphics card which can handle 3D videos. I'm using a 50Mbps connection as well and stay in the Asia regions...)
                    IGN: Athena
                    Guild: Warriors
                    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Class: Archer
                    Difficulty Level: Noob
                    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I also agree I have a gameing PC and often while players around me are complaining I have no issue. Their is one exception however and it's during our last GB of the week when both guilds field the max 50 players , and then it's not so much lagg as failure of my toon to respond to my clicks as directed while on the open map.

PS . im on a east coast server and I live in east coast so no Asian connection to BG lagg here
                      Last edited by MrBogus; 03-24-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

gb lag isnt secret. its game tech's job to do fixation. yeah r2 cant do anything,but this company can send this prob to the tech until this one fixed
                        -----)darky | s115(-------

Comment

I lag alot in catacomb

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                            Lol...would be nice if some IT expert can share some tests we can use to determine whether its geographical, server side issues or just plainly our own Comp setup issue. I saw someone mentioned reverting to flash version 10.3 but no one replied on how we can do that as I'm interested to try it to see if it'll eliminate the lag in GB too since I don't get any lag anywhere else. (just for reference, I use an i7 core laptop with 8GB ram and additional 2Gb dedicated graphics card which can handle 3D videos. I'm using a 50Mbps connection as well and stay in the Asia regions...)
                            Seriously, have you 'tracert' to the server?

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
                              if 90% of your words are simply ad hominems then i can fully understand where your first post came from.

look what's happening here, so many players are complaining about gb lag issues with great certainty, (after comparing pc specs, player locations, connection speeds, analysing the situation before and after patch, and many other measures taken) that the issue is most likely server side and not with their pc specs. And then, you came waltzing in asking everyone to stop crying like a baby because your lag issue is now gone after you have purchased a sparkling, new shiny new pc, and you don't wanna hear anymore whining about people having lags because it now frustrates you. You were asking everyone to stop complaining (not just the selected few bad complainers) so don't come give us the **** now by ammending your original idea after realising it doesn't work by saying things like "oh, some genuine cases might be overlooked by r2"

and i'm sorry to say, but accusing others of having bad language, logic and reasoning without first examining what kind of post you have given us in the first place is pure absurdity. not that i haven't explicitly told you what exactly is wrong with your first post (speaking of not understanding simple logic and reasoning). And i also refuse to plunge down to the moral low ground (like you did) by calling you dull and making a direct attack on your personality by using words like "with people like you" because we all know that doesn't help.

And please quote the correct guy, if you fail to even do that then.. oh well.
                              Ad hominems? Really? Please point out where in my first post I wrote an ad hominem. Please.

I also will not bother to explain myself any further in regards to your second and third paragraph because I know you simply won't pay attention. I tried already and it was just a waste of time.

The last paragraph was sarcasm. I was making a point of not getting riled up over something so trivial. If you lag and it's not your PCs fault, great! I was not referring to you in my original post. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I know I won't. It's my spring break now and I really could care less. I am glad Kitwritten likes my thread, and anything other than positive notes to this thread now will not be payed any attention to. I feel silly for have wasted my time trying to reason with you. If you have nothing nice to say now, might as well not write at all because I will not reply

Comment

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
                                Ad hominems? Really? Please point out where in my first post I wrote an ad hominem. Please.

I also will not bother to explain myself any further in regards to your second and third paragraph because I know you simply won't pay attention. I tried already and it was just a waste of time.

The last paragraph was sarcasm. I was making a point of not getting riled up over something so trivial. If you lag and it's not your PCs fault, great! I was not referring to you in my original post. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I know I won't. It's my spring break now and I really could care less. I am glad Kitwritten likes my thread, and anything other than positive notes to this thread now will not be payed any attention to. I feel silly for have wasted my time trying to reason with you. If you have nothing nice to say now, might as well not write at all because I will not reply
                                i'll keep it short and matter-of-factly:
                                - it was not mentioned the ad hominems came from the first post. how does ad hominems against me exist before i even made my first post? highly illogical.
                                -kitwritten was interested in player's input regarding the lag they are facing, not outright accusations of crappy pcs nor asking players to stop complaining.
                                -if your goal was to reason things then indeed your time was wasted because i saw no production of reasonable statements whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X