Stop complaining to R2 about your lag, sheesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop complaining to R2 about your lag, sheesh

Now that I've caught your attention, I'll be a little more polite. A rude title is a popular one.

Anyway, I've noticed that many people complain about lag, telling R2 to stop installing patches and stuff and to fix their lag instead, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure (obviously not absolutely positive since I don't play on all servers) that the lag is your PC's fault, not R2's.

I have come to that conclusion because I have personally experienced that lag, but only when I used my sister's old junk PC after my laptop's harddrive turned to mush. The lag was terrible. I couldn't do my MP runs because everybody had to wait for me, when the MP run was over I would want to say "thank you" and then I realized everybody was already gone, I hit half of what I normally would in world boss, and so on, so forth.

Then I finally got a new laptop, intel core i7 with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff. Now I never ever EVER (ever) lag. Well, the occasional little bump here and there that is expected, but it doesn't last longer than 5 seconds usually. Happens mostly in cross-server things, so I think the lag is mostly servers calibrating their times or something like that.

So please stop complaining about lag. If it really is a server problem, those of you with crappy computers that complain of lag are making it seem like those who really have bad servers have bad PCs too, which may not be the case. There may actually be bad servers, but it's difficult to pinpoint those servers when those with old/crappy PCs are blaming it on the server and not on their PC.

Make sense? (this is not a snobby question, I know that I sometimes am confusing/can't word things properly :P )

Also, I'm not trying to kiss R2's *** because I know that they're not the best and there are other games that may have better service. But that's not the point here. I just really get irritated sometimes with those illiterate "hurr durr r2 stahp wit dem patchs and fix my lag omgz u sux so much im gunna quit dis game its gon 2 hell like srsly u guys lag sooo much u shud fix it first but u just want mony Y NOT FIX MY LAG FIRST OMGZ"

Be civil. Do research. Locate the true root of the problem. Act accordingly.

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
    Now that I've caught your attention, I'll be a little more polite. A rude title is a popular one.

Anyway, I've noticed that many people complain about lag, telling R2 to stop installing patches and stuff and to fix their lag instead, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure (obviously not absolutely positive since I don't play on all servers) that the lag is your PC's fault, not R2's.

I have come to that conclusion because I have personally experienced that lag, but only when I used my sister's old junk PC after my laptop's harddrive turned to mush. The lag was terrible. I couldn't do my MP runs because everybody had to wait for me, when the MP run was over I would want to say "thank you" and then I realized everybody was already gone, I hit half of what I normally would in world boss, and so on, so forth.

Then I finally got a new laptop, intel core i7 with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff. Now I never ever EVER (ever) lag. Well, the occasional little bump here and there that is expected, but it doesn't last longer than 5 seconds usually. Happens mostly in cross-server things, so I think the lag is mostly servers calibrating their times or something like that.

So please stop complaining about lag. If it really is a server problem, those of you with crappy computers that complain of lag are making it seem like those who really have bad servers have bad PCs too, which may not be the case. There may actually be bad servers, but it's difficult to pinpoint those servers when those with old/crappy PCs are blaming it on the server and not on their PC.

Make sense? (this is not a snobby question, I know that I sometimes am confusing/can't word things properly :P )

Also, I'm not trying to kiss R2's *** because I know that they're not the best and there are other games that may have better service. But that's not the point here. I just really get irritated sometimes with those illiterate "hurr durr r2 stahp wit dem patchs and fix my lag omgz u sux so much im gunna quit dis game its gon 2 hell like srsly u guys lag sooo much u shud fix it first but u just want mony Y NOT FIX MY LAG FIRST OMGZ"

yes I agree maybe mostly is due to hardware or graphics card.

Comment

Yup have to agree there.

Comment

I have also a good computer ... that can allows me to get in bg with 2-5 distinct chars on two browsers

Comment

Most of the complaints came from players that doesn't know much about computer hardware.
          Many of them are just monkey see monkey do. one monkey complaint to r2 the rest of the monkeys follow.
          Those stupid posts that tell u how stupids they are,
          example 1 Fix the lag b4 u merge us!!
          example 2 yeah!! fix the lag problem, if not i quit wartune.

Go fix ur comp 1st.
          Last edited by NARTH; 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM.
          Serenity
          SteelLord
          Singapore

Comment

Problem is things like Guild Battle where there was no lag, all of a sudden had lag.

Comment

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post

i see you are quite insufficiently educated, IT speaking.

First off, the complains about guild battle lagging is indeed valid since it affects mostly players of the same region (not just players with crappy pc specs), goes to show that the server with which they host the guild battle is somewhat "inaccessible" to players in certain countries not just those with lousy pcs.

next, you failed to see that a good amount of lag problems comes not from lousy pc specs, but due to software incompatibility. and sometimes even resolution problems (like i saw the other thread about wartune having problems with a certain resolution setting which got fixed after problem was made known). And do you know the complexities behind coding a game that needs to be compatible across all platforms and all browsers? it is just ridiculous that you see anyone who is complaining of having lags and problems with the game as just having a crappy pc.

so now, r2/7road are the developers of the game, who knows the technicalities of the game which they have made and coded. If we do not complain to them and let them know about the problems and bugs (and don't even mention doing it through tickets, they take weeks to give a single reply n occasions) that exists in order for them to fix it, then who will fix the problems? could it be you?

just because of your own personal experience of having lag issues fixed after getting a new pc, that doesn't represent that all players having technical issues with wartune are just having crappy pc.

you said you're pretty sure that all lags are player's pc fault, not r2. To that, i'm pretty pretty sure you are wrong. so is r2 pretty sure of that or anyone with a clue about IT.

Comment

Its lag as it is GB is worst. 10-15 mins delayed message or so... this sh8t started happening when 1.5patch enters.. Really whats with 1.5patch that most of us get lag. They should Fix sh8t.. + the maint. b4 the Final GB we all know maint. will load wartune back up all the maps etc.. etc.. they should move the maint. on saturday or sunday. and to those so called pro in comp. lol cant help it LOL!! they always make servers for profits right then tell me. where they will store that huge data to process all servers GB at the same time wouldnt it be lagging all servers doing GB all at once...this game has no System Requirements... So now u pros. tellin us to "BUY" a new this? --> [laptop, intel core i7 with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff.] or a desktop with this kinda system in it JUST TO PLAY r2's Wartune LOL.. now thats a problem we now have "SYSTEM REQUIRMENT" aint that awesome after all our efforts our TIME playin this game with no system requirement now it does? common wake up this game started good and easy ppl loved that for it its so friendly at the beginning but now how do they cater?? i wont make a wall of whine so ima stop here..
                “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,
                you will succumb in every battle”

Server: [106] Devil's Trail
                Guild: Sancâ€*uary

Comment

ok.... I should stay out of this but I have a big mouth.... and two feet to put in it....

lag is one of the most annoying aspects of gaming for two reasons.... 1) its impossible to eliminate and 2) it can be caused by any one of a number of reasons but players generally will always blame the gaming company ....

things like atmospheric conditions, point to point data transfer, incorrectly configured computers etc etc are issues outside of R2s control... and even things that are under R2s control such as creating a working platform for the majority of OS and browsers, is still limited by the way a player has their computer set up....

I deal with peoples computers, I repair peoples computers, I service peoples computers..... but because I am a forum mod in a r2 game, people have the attitude that anything I may suggest that is not in line with them rubbishing r2 and abusing the r2 staff, must be wrong......... and thats proven by the fact that they can run D3 and WoW and other games on their computers without lag.... yes folks, they can run disk mounted games without lag so that proves that the issue of lag is all a browser games fault........ I wonder who they blame when their net lags due to atmospheric / weather conditions

seriously, a well maintained computer is better set up to run a game properly, but it is still limited by the connection to the server, the number of other people in the area ( IE guild battle ) their locations, their computers and the quality of connection between computer and server........and that is something that is beyond R2s control......

I have a rig running win xp pro sp2, 3.2 dual core, on a 10 mg connection, that is out performing players with superior rigs and connections... and I am half way around the world from the server I play on.... on a country net system that is rated as barely beyond 3rd world level by world standards...... and yes I am lagging during guild battles.... I would be surprised if people do not....but I am not going to scream at r2 over it..... and I have suggested to R2 games that if they want to cut the lag by 2/3s, the first thing they want to do, is cut the graphics in the guild battle... IE simple red and blue outfits, no spell animations, etc etc... and that way it will limit bottle necking and lessen the lag considerably without affecting a players ability to fight and win battles

however I also bear in mind that using the lag to win battles, has long been a tactic of more powerful guilds and while players will argue that its **.... I have sent R2 the screenshots of players admitting to in their guild websites, with instructions on how to lag people out in fights.... fortunately, that issue has been 90% resolved.....

anyways... if the players want lag fixed, then the players have to decide... pretty outfits and mounts= lag or plain outfits and generic looking mounts= less lag ...
                  Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                  Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                    and I am half way around the world from the server I play on.... on a country net system that is rated as barely beyond 3rd world level by world standards...... and yes I am lagging during guild battles.... I would be surprised if people do not....but I am not going to scream at r2 over it..... and I have suggested to R2 games that if they want to cut the lag by 2/3s, the first thing they want to do, is cut the graphics in the guild battle... IE simple red and blue outfits, no spell animations, etc etc... and that way it will limit bottle necking and lessen the lag considerably without affecting a players ability to fight and win battles
                    the recent GB lagging that has just started after merge, we're not talking about 20 seconds lag or 30 seconds lag, but 3-10 minutes lagging (not exagerating), which seems to happen to only a specific group of people, most likely because of their location. other players have no such problems, and for us who has that problem, only GB is lagging, we're not facing any lag in mp wb, da or any other features of the game. i have been told by the admins themselves that they are looking to upgrade the servers because of this issue, which i think would most likely improve the situation abit but if they found out what is the root cause of the lag happening to just this group of players living in close proximity, perhaps there wouldn't even be a need to upgrade the servers. ok this is going quite off topic, i was only here originally to show my disgust for TS's assumption that all technical problems are caused by crappy pc specs, nothing much else.

edit: yup i agree with you that they should have low graphics settings and perhaps low bandwidth settings so at least the game is playable for players with lower end connection/ pc specs too
                    Last edited by shynnblu; 03-22-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Shynnblu... upgrade servers huh thats a brilliant idea for us ppl playing but common man dont be a fool we know that wont happen anytime soon R2 and his company is busy making new games and new servers... wake up... they want money 1stly, all games do. all business do.. dont dream around ppl.. we should be whining bout this lag issue so we can get their attentions cuz it is serious matter. who wants to play a game that lags in a major fight the best thing in wartune GB nothing else, take that away WARTUNE DIES
                      Last edited by ™Uriah-†-; 03-22-2013, 07:31 AM.
                      “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself,

Comment

Wartune servers for GB is OVERLOAD PPL! theres a limit to all things wake up

Comment

There's no limit to how much $$$$ they wanna squeeze from us.

Comment

Originally posted by ™Uriah-†- View Post
                            Shynnblu... upgrade servers huh thats a brilliant idea for us ppl playing but common man dont be a fool we know that wont happen anytime soon R2 and his company is busy making new games and new servers... wake up... they want money 1stly, all games do. all business do.. dont dream around ppl.. we should be whining bout this lag issue so we can get their attentions cuz it is serious matter. who wants to play a game that lags in a major fight the best thing in wartune GB nothing else, take that away WARTUNE DIES
                            the thing that you don't see is that, if they not gonna try fix the gb problem, its their loss because gb and guild related events are the most important for a good bulk of players. If the issue continue as it is now, just lots of players gonna be gone. when they say they are looking to upgrade the servers, i can see there's a motivation for them to do it.

Comment

I used to be a admin in another game, and the servers were upgraded to the point they barely touched on 50% load..... and still the players complained about lag, and demanded action...... hell, I remember when the admin posted that the servers would be running at half capacity for 3 days and the players complained continuously about the bad lagging and how it was hard to load the game etc.... then when he posted about the servers being back up to 100% the players posted about how much better the pages were loading and how there was no lag........crazy thing was that nothing have been done to the servers...

r2 is going to be no different and what proves that fact is that so many players are complaining about the lag and how its only started since the patch.... yet there was threads and tickets about the lag from 2-3 months ago..... so the players will see what they want to see..... R2 could upgrade the servers to the latest state of the art servers, but players are still going to lag and there is no a dammed thing that r2 can do about it as its circumstances beyond r2s control....
                              Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                              Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Working...
                              X