Stop complaining to R2 about your lag, sheesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
    Now that I've caught your attention, I'll be a little more polite. A rude title is a popular one.

Anyway, I've noticed that many people complain about lag, telling R2 to stop installing patches and stuff and to fix their lag instead, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure (obviously not absolutely positive since I don't play on all servers) that the lag is your PC's fault, not R2's.

I have come to that conclusion because I have personally experienced that lag, but only when I used my sister's old junk PC after my laptop's harddrive turned to mush. The lag was terrible. I couldn't do my MP runs because everybody had to wait for me, when the MP run was over I would want to say "thank you" and then I realized everybody was already gone, I hit half of what I normally would in world boss, and so on, so forth.

Then I finally got a new laptop, intel core i7 with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff. Now I never ever EVER (ever) lag. Well, the occasional little bump here and there that is expected, but it doesn't last longer than 5 seconds usually. Happens mostly in cross-server things, so I think the lag is mostly servers calibrating their times or something like that.

So please stop complaining about lag. If it really is a server problem, those of you with crappy computers that complain of lag are making it seem like those who really have bad servers have bad PCs too, which may not be the case. There may actually be bad servers, but it's difficult to pinpoint those servers when those with old/crappy PCs are blaming it on the server and not on their PC.

Make sense? (this is not a snobby question, I know that I sometimes am confusing/can't word things properly :P )

Also, I'm not trying to kiss R2's *** because I know that they're not the best and there are other games that may have better service. But that's not the point here. I just really get irritated sometimes with those illiterate "hurr durr r2 stahp wit dem patchs and fix my lag omgz u sux so much im gunna quit dis game its gon 2 hell like srsly u guys lag sooo much u shud fix it first but u just want mony Y NOT FIX MY LAG FIRST OMGZ"

Be civil. Do research. Locate the true root of the problem. Act accordingly.
    Originally posted by NARTH View Post
    Most of the complaints came from players that doesn't know much about computer hardware.
    Many of them are just monkey see monkey do. one monkey complaint to r2 the rest of the monkeys follow.
    Those stupid posts that tell u how stupids they are,
    example 1 Fix the lag b4 u merge us!!
    example 2 yeah!! fix the lag problem, if not i quit wartune.

Go fix ur comp 1st.
    LOL
    pfffft use ur logic, if hardware problem, wartune willl be so lagging not only on guild battle but MP, solo, duel, GA etc will too.
    this lagging is only happen on GB and that happen to me,
    my PC is fine using for video editing, photo editing even 3d still can, but meh not GB unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
      I used to be a admin in another game, and the servers were upgraded to the point they barely touched on 50% load..... and still the players complained about lag, and demanded action...... hell, I remember when the admin posted that the servers would be running at half capacity for 3 days and the players complained continuously about the bad lagging and how it was hard to load the game etc.... then when he posted about the servers being back up to 100% the players posted about how much better the pages were loading and how there was no lag........crazy thing was that nothing have been done to the servers...

r2 is going to be no different and what proves that fact is that so many players are complaining about the lag and how its only started since the patch.... yet there was threads and tickets about the lag from 2-3 months ago..... so the players will see what they want to see..... R2 could upgrade the servers to the latest state of the art servers, but players are still going to lag and there is no a dammed thing that r2 can do about it as its circumstances beyond r2s control....
      thats the time r2 needs to decide whether players are complaining because the lag only minorly discomfort them, or the lag renders the GB feature absolutely unplayable. as it is mentioned, the massive lag happens only to a selected group living close to asia, not so much for the others. with a delay of 5-10 mins for most players who complained about them, its quite clear whether its a "minor discomfort" kind of lag or the unplayable kind.

lets be fair over here, complains will happen whether you like it or not. but which of them are top priority complains that needs urgency to resolve them that is whats important i think.

edit: oh and if r2 cannot do anything about this unhandlable lag that will inevitably happen in 50vs50 gb, then god-damn well change the feature instead of the server. no point having a gb where a quarter of the players are stucked doing absolutely nothing.
      Last edited by shynnblu; 03-22-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Now that I've caught your attention, I'll be a little more polite. A rude title is a popular one.

Anyway, I've noticed that many people complain about lag, telling R2 to stop installing patches and stuff and to fix their lag instead, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure (obviously not absolutely positive since I don't play on all servers) that the lag is your PC's fault, not R2's.

I have come to that conclusion because I have personally experienced that lag, but only when I used my sister's old junk PC after my laptop's harddrive turned to mush. The lag was terrible. I couldn't do my MP runs because everybody had to wait for me, when the MP run was over I would want to say "thank you" and then I realized everybody was already gone, I hit half of what I normally would in world boss, and so on, so forth.

Then I finally got a new laptop, intel core i7 with 8 gb ram and all that good stuff. Now I never ever EVER (ever) lag. Well, the occasional little bump here and there that is expected, but it doesn't last longer than 5 seconds usually. Happens mostly in cross-server things, so I think the lag is mostly servers calibrating their times or something like that.

So please stop complaining about lag. If it really is a server problem, those of you with crappy computers that complain of lag are making it seem like those who really have bad servers have bad PCs too, which may not be the case. There may actually be bad servers, but it's difficult to pinpoint those servers when those with old/crappy PCs are blaming it on the server and not on their PC.

Make sense? (this is not a snobby question, I know that I sometimes am confusing/can't word things properly :P )

Also, I'm not trying to kiss R2's *** because I know that they're not the best and there are other games that may have better service. But that's not the point here. I just really get irritated sometimes with those illiterate "hurr durr r2 stahp wit dem patchs and fix my lag omgz u sux so much im gunna quit dis game its gon 2 hell like srsly u guys lag sooo much u shud fix it first but u just want mony Y NOT FIX MY LAG FIRST OMGZ"

so the problem is on PC?
        what about the intel core i-3, with 2GB of RAM? it is still not insufficient to play wartune?
        My internet connection is not too bad .. before new patch I can play 1-2 server while buffering youtube and it was still smooth ..
        but why after the new patch become lag, and often blackscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by R25384509 View Post
          so the problem is on PC?
          what about the intel core i-3, with 2GB of RAM? it is still not insufficient to play wartune?
          My internet connection is not too bad .. before new patch I can play 1-2 server while buffering youtube and it was still smooth ..
          but why after the new patch become lag, and often blackscreen?
          Most guys play wartune with 8g RAM min and 2g graphics ram min.
          Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
          Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
          Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
          One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
          In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
          One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
          One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
          In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
            I used to be a admin in another game, and the servers were upgraded to the point they barely touched on 50% load..... and still the players complained about lag, and demanded action...... hell, I remember when the admin posted that the servers would be running at half capacity for 3 days and the players complained continuously about the bad lagging and how it was hard to load the game etc.... then when he posted about the servers being back up to 100% the players posted about how much better the pages were loading and how there was no lag........crazy thing was that nothing have been done to the servers...

r2 is going to be no different and what proves that fact is that so many players are complaining about the lag and how its only started since the patch.... yet there was threads and tickets about the lag from 2-3 months ago..... so the players will see what they want to see..... R2 could upgrade the servers to the latest state of the art servers, but players are still going to lag and there is no a dammed thing that r2 can do about it as its circumstances beyond r2s control....
            Maybe they should upgrade their PC to the latest model and give at least 16 gb RAM onboard and min 4gb RAM for graphics card before playing this game.

My computer is probably too outdated as it can only play client based online games like Diablo 3, GW2, WOW, C9, DragonNest and vindictus but it will lag in Guild Battle too.

So I will save about 5k + dollars to try to upgrade my computer before I dare to complain.

In case the server usage is less than 1% for wartune, it will be a big slap on the face, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
              Most guys play wartune with 8g RAM min and 2g graphics ram min.
              so must with 8g ram min??
              mine 2g graphics too...

Comment

woooww .. ok How about this ... My computer spec are core i7 extream with cooler and with ram 12 G and vga card 8 G and my conection 6 Mbps .. every time before the GB I always clean up the browser and no dowload at all .. all I set low for antivirus and firewall ... and I still lag when GB .... can U explain this ??? ... I'm waiting U're explaination of maybe shadow1477777 can help to explain this ... with this spec .. am i must change my computer too ???

Comment

give time to R2 fix all the 1.5 update bug at least they r doing something http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?60632

Comment

chill guys, mytbe he only want to show off his new laptop

Comment

Fun read miss alot but fun read.

Explaine me this then.

4 browsers running 4 chars each on their own server.

no matter what browser i use for the 3 NO LAG.

but for that 1 account LAG. Each account also have a hero on the same server as the other.

Again NO lag with the 3 accounts on the server that the 1 account lagged on, but the heroes that account has on the other servers do not LAG either.

Now if this is pure my PC and hardware how come 1 account of 4, only LAGS in 1 of 4 servers all in same region as me.

That shows not always is the issue with the PC.

It do not matter if i run each account SOLO on a CLEAN fresh install or even if i use another PC of my few PC's.

Heck even on a crappy old laptop only this 1 hero on 1 server lag, the other servers nothing, the other accounts on the servers they are on plus this 1 server nothing.

Yes some lag could be due to your PC but saying ALL lag is PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimras186 View Post
                        Fun read miss alot but fun read.

Explaine me this then.

4 browsers running 4 chars each on their own server.

no matter what browser i use for the 3 NO LAG.

but for that 1 account LAG. Each account also have a hero on the same server as the other.

Again NO lag with the 3 accounts on the server that the 1 account lagged on, but the heroes that account has on the other servers do not LAG either.

Now if this is pure my PC and hardware how come 1 account of 4, only LAGS in 1 of 4 servers all in same region as me.

That shows not always is the issue with the PC.

It do not matter if i run each account SOLO on a CLEAN fresh install or even if i use another PC of my few PC's.

Heck even on a crappy old laptop only this 1 hero on 1 server lag, the other servers nothing, the other accounts on the servers they are on plus this 1 server nothing.

Yes some lag could be due to your PC but saying ALL lag is PLEASE.
                        What if the servers are actually running on less than 50% load even after merging 4 servers?

Comment

If players would understand this is a flash based browser game they would understand where the problem is. It doesn't take 8gig's of ram or a 10meg connection. The problem is your flash version. Reverting back to 10.3 will fix a lot of the lag issues. My connection is only 1.5meg and I NEVER have lag.

Comment

Originally posted by R25225147 View Post
                            If players would understand this is a flash based browser game they would understand where the problem is. It doesn't take 8gig's of ram or a 10meg connection. The problem is your flash version. Reverting back to 10.3 will fix a lot of the lag issues. My connection is only 1.5meg and I NEVER have lag.
                            how do u revert back to 10.3 then?

Comment

Dude everyone has the major lag. Other games do not have this intense lag. Other R2 games do not. SO your comment is your opinion and my comment is my opinion.
                              And i know my computer i went and got my PHD for technology at University of Tokyo. SO Do not tell me I do not check my hardware with *wartune's capacity *
                              The world is more Evil than Good these days..

Comment

I can tell you know in my case you are wrong, because my comp isn't a crappy & also before the server merge not a single problem.
                                So it is indeed an r2 problem causing this as other players in my guild can also testify as they also did not experience problems of this magnitude prior to the server merge.

Comment

Working...
                                X