Question about Farming etiquette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Farming etiquette

It seems like the general gaming community on my server frowns upon "stealing" from other players farm plots. My question is why? Unless my math is off it seems more beneficial overall if everyone stole from everyone.

I have a lvl 37 mage, her farm has 9 plots which produce 15k gold each when I harvest I get ~10.9k, so ~40k gold loss (i'm assuming you can only get stolen from ~5 times per cycle).

Now when she harvests from other farm friends she gets ~500 to 1k gold per plot x 9 plots = 4.5k-9k gold per friend x 40 friends (200 friends cap / 5 steal cap) to steal from = ~180-360k gold gained plus she still gets 98.1k (10.9k x 9) gold from her own farm.

360k gained - 40k gold loss = 320 potential profit of gold.

So the gold max she gets w/o stealing = 135k gold, gold max she gets w/ stealing = 458.1k gold.

Another way to look at this, say there a 2 guilds: A and B, they both have 200 member and they all farm friend each other and maximize farming plots.

Guild A discourage stealing, so they get the max 15k gold per 9 plots = 135k gold total get per harvest for each member

Guild B encourages and maximized stealing = there members get 10.9k gold x 9 plots = get 98.1k gold per harvest plus up to another 360 k from stealing off their farm friend list. Each member will get up to 458.1 k gold per harvest

Now which guild do you think is going to end up being stronger in the long run?

The game using "stealing" to describe the action to me is arbitrary and I feel players overall aren't maximizing their own potential by letting it get in the way. if the term was labeled to "borrowing" or "harvesting fee" would the community have the negative feelings over it?

Some people would probably be mad at having their seeds stolen.. i will just like i always do: if you dont want them stolen, watch them.

Term doesn't matter to me atleast.. u can call a battle a fight, but whatever you call it, it's still the same..

Just try to steal others seeds back.. or get farm to 30, then delete everyone you dont run with, so they can't steal those seeds.
    (i am not saying this to you, but to everyone who reads this and is against ppl taking their seeds)

Comment

There's a cap on the amount of times a player may steal from others in TOTAL across all crops regardless of ownership. It's actually kinda low. Like 80 or so steals per day. Also, a player may only steal from each crop ONCE, not 5 times. 5 times is how many times a crop may be stolen from MULTIPLE players TOTAL. (and actually, it's 3 times. Further penalties to the crop are caused from pests and weeds, not stealing, for a total of 50% crop reduction if pests, weeds, and 3 steals happen to a crop)

I don't know if these factors will help or hinder your argument, but they do clearly change the math a lot.

Comment

u can steal max 200 times only

Comment

I always laugh when people start getting all snippy about the farms. Its not only part of the game it's encouraged with your daily devotion duties. If it bothers anyone that much all they have to do is go through game with no friends... Oh wait.. You can only do your own tree three times a day so you get to collect kyanite and vouchers only a few times a month.

So yeah, it's better to 'borrow permanently' from others and have your stuff taken. It increases farm experience, too.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

We had someone whining in world chat about this earlier, apparently pointing him to this thread pushed his buttons since he then proceeded to call me rude names. Same guy ragequit a week ago so it's nothing new for him LOL
            Last edited by Whiffy; 03-22-2013, 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
            ♥Hell♥
            Sybian
            S1 - VictisHNR
            *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

i call it SHARING
              but u know some ppl are just moron, they cant do the math, and they are so greedy that they wont share with others

Comment

Originally posted by R210914835 View Post
                It seems like the general gaming community on my server frowns upon "stealing" from other players farm plots. My question is why? Unless my math is off it seems more beneficial overall if everyone stole from everyone.

I have a lvl 37 mage, her farm has 9 plots which produce 15k gold each when I harvest I get ~10.9k, so ~40k gold loss (i'm assuming you can only get stolen from ~5 times per cycle).

Now when she harvests from other farm friends she gets ~500 to 1k gold per plot x 9 plots = 4.5k-9k gold per friend x 40 friends (200 friends cap / 5 steal cap) to steal from = ~180-360k gold gained plus she still gets 98.1k (10.9k x 9) gold from her own farm.

360k gained - 40k gold loss = 320 potential profit of gold.

So the gold max she gets w/o stealing = 135k gold, gold max she gets w/ stealing = 458.1k gold.

Another way to look at this, say there a 2 guilds: A and B, they both have 200 member and they all farm friend each other and maximize farming plots.

Guild A discourage stealing, so they get the max 15k gold per 9 plots = 135k gold total get per harvest for each member

Guild B encourages and maximized stealing = there members get 10.9k gold x 9 plots = get 98.1k gold per harvest plus up to another 360 k from stealing off their farm friend list. Each member will get up to 458.1 k gold per harvest

Now which guild do you think is going to end up being stronger in the long run?

The game using "stealing" to describe the action to me is arbitrary and I feel players overall aren't maximizing their own potential by letting it get in the way. if the term was labeled to "borrowing" or "harvesting fee" would the community have the negative feelings over it?
                it's not stealing.. well i called it sharing..
                sharing is caring...
                i always ask my members to take mine whenever the seeds ready to harvest.. if that can make them grow stronger
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

In any guild I have been in, it has been frowned upon to steal from guild members, as it can sometimes create disharmony. As far as those farms outside the guild, hit them whenever you feel like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X