World Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Chat

There are a lot of people that play these games for the interaction with other people. By limiting the number of times you can speak for free in world chat, you are limiting game interaction among all your players. Some other games are finally figuring this out and removing the item needed to speak in world chat and they are gaining more popularity now that they have done this. I would recommend you considering doing the same, so that you can keep more players interested in the game.

My major worry would be the spam accompanied with it and people just turning off world chat. I know I probably would.

Comment

limiting the WC the way we have, has limited the need for chat mods, and heavily limited the issues with spamming, harassment, abuse / flaming etc, in WC
      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKatz View Post
        There are a lot of people that play these games for the interaction with other people. By limiting the number of times you can speak for free in world chat, you are limiting game interaction among all your players. Some other games are finally figuring this out and removing the item needed to speak in world chat and they are gaining more popularity now that they have done this. I would recommend you considering doing the same, so that you can keep more players interested in the game.
        You must play on a VERY nice server! Because, even with the requirement to use a bull horn, we get all kinds of flaming on our server - and it's happened on the other 3 servers I played on as well. I simply can't imagine what it would be like if there wasn't some sort of restriction to how much people can post!

Comment

The amount of bullhorns could be upped a a bit - five seems kinda harsh. Some of the best discussions I have ever had was by way of world chat.

Amount has nothing to do with moderation since it only takes one bullhorn to get nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
            The amount of bullhorns could be upped a a bit - five seems kinda harsh. Some of the best discussions I have ever had was by way of world chat.

Amount has nothing to do with moderation since it only takes one bullhorn to get nasty.
            I agree with KnowingEyes maybe 10 would be good.
            The world is more Evil than Good these days..

Comment

i have over 100 bullhorns so i happy as it is lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
                i have over 100 bullhorns so i happy as it is lol
                Same here. Approx 300, so I can spam away to my heart's content. ^_^

Comment

All you would need is a mute button so that someone could be muted and a report button to report those that spam or harrass.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                    Hehe. And always can buy more xD Doubt R2 ill complain about that

Comment

Originally posted by Jammin31 View Post
                      All you would need is a mute button so that someone could be muted and a report button to report those that spam or harrass.
                      Yes would be another good way.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                        you SPAM here on the forum instead...
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I have about 80 or 90 bullhorns. World chat tends to be pretty quiet on my server and has a few discussions but is usually filled with dungeon invite spam. Every once in a while there is some drama in there, usually after tense guild battles and when notorious players quit etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                            I have about 80 or 90 bullhorns. World chat tends to be pretty quiet on my server and has a few discussions but is usually filled with dungeon invite spam. Every once in a while there is some drama in there, usually after tense guild battles and when notorious players quit etc.
                            *popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                              *popcorn*
                              I hope you're gonna be sharing that...
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X