Clear All

• Sbn87
    replied
    archers get wb mage gets cata knight gets pvp..end of story

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by Xlrate View Post
    You know if fighter thorn damage counted, and they made every world boss have 6 attackable points 5 of which triple attacked every round for low damage and 1 big hit every round, then i think the world battles would not swing so wildly in favor of archers. In fact I would bet that world battles would be a bit more even among the classes.
    That's a novel idea.

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    again, more gold means better astrols, better equipment, better enchantments, more of everything we all need, its not fair, needs to be changed, do mods actually give feedback to the game, or we just here and the game does not care

Leave a comment:

• Xlrate
    replied
    You know if fighter thorn damage counted, and they made every world boss have 6 attackable points 5 of which triple attacked every round for low damage and 1 big hit every round, then i think the world battles would not swing so wildly in favor of archers. In fact I would bet that world battles would be a bit more even among the classes.

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by ysolar View Post
    the game should fix the issue, we all need gold and daru, not just one class, i am a mage had a knight, the knight is so fun, but he has to work extra hard to get anywhere, fix stuff, or u will lose people that would pay, they just quit, and u guys lose cash, when u could make more, people like fairness, they dont like to feel cheated
    I stopped cashing on my knight for this very reason, I felt I wasn't getting same return as other classes

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    I always do love your argument about not being able to link PvP to the world boss.

In one breath your saying it gives archers a huge advantage getting all the extra gold in the WB, then when someone points something out, your automatic response is "You can't Link the two though".
    Archers use the gold gained, exactly as other classes. Primarily to boost their BR, skills, equipment etc. And these items are not used solely in the WB. So in fact they are inherently linked, no matter what you say

As I have said before, where are these HUGE advantages evident in the game, other than at the WB.
    The facts speak for themselves. Archers do earn on average 40% more than their counterparts, but we do not end up being 40% better than the other classes.
    So something is wrong fundamentally with the overall argument that is presented about this.
    You admit archers gain 40% more... and then try and shoehorn a "we're not 40% better"? You're comparing apples to oranges.

But why, at the WB, should any class have an inherent advantage at all? Shouldn't events be on equal footing?

I have to agree with one of the previous posters: If there were a tooltip at the beginning of the game that stated archers had an easier time with events, it all wouldn't sting so much.
    Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    the game should fix the issue, we all need gold and daru, not just one class, i am a mage had a knight, the knight is so fun, but he has to work extra hard to get anywhere, fix stuff, or u will lose people that would pay, they just quit, and u guys lose cash, when u could make more, people like fairness, they dont like to feel cheated

Leave a comment:

• mistesqueen
    replied
    archers have passive skills that higher defense and luck,there are also healing skills,archers are agile so they hit weak spots better!!!
    If u guys wanna be better use your skill points on weak points your class have and maybe there will be a difference!!!

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by sacredchild View Post
    the crit rate archers have killed the WB as event...all they need is 10 k patak and vouchers...crit rate will do the rest..a bit of fairness wouldnt be bad..
    Think that is a bit excessive. The event has not been killed in any way, shape or form.

At least on my server it still shows up 3 times per day

Leave a comment:

• sacredchild
    replied
    the crit rate archers have killed the WB as event...all they need is 10 k patak and vouchers...crit rate will do the rest..a bit of fairness wouldnt be bad..

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    You can't link the two though. I could go on and on about mages as well but that's not the point at hand. If you make a thread about it, then hell yeah I'll be right there. :P
    I always do love your argument about not being able to link PvP to the world boss.

In one breath your saying it gives archers a huge advantage getting all the extra gold in the WB, then when someone points something out, your automatic response is "You can't Link the two though".
    Archers use the gold gained, exactly as other classes. Primarily to boost their BR, skills, equipment etc. And these items are not used solely in the WB. So in fact they are inherently linked, no matter what you say

As I have said before, where are these HUGE advantages evident in the game, other than at the WB.
    The facts speak for themselves. Archers do earn on average 40% more than their counterparts, but we do not end up being 40% better than the other classes.
    So something is wrong fundamentally with the overall argument that is presented about this.

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
    If at the character select screen one character said, "This character make more money than the other two and will advance faster throughout the entire game because of it" then you could tell everyone to stop whining.
    This

I totally agree

Leave a comment:

• Zaaqen
    replied
    Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    Who, me? .
    I know I'm late responding, but I was referring to the person who had posted right before you, I just forgot to quote.

People seem to be missing the point that this isn't about temporary gains - It's about a permanent advantage on the most important aspect of the game. A leg up in gold sinks that never goes away is extremely unbalancing in long term character development.

I won't argue pvp isn't balanced properly, but archers on my server don't seem to be having any issues raking in the honor, so it's not hurting them too bad. ---- For those who keep using, "stop whining" as your excuse, please look at any post KnowingEyes, myself, or a few others have made that are all laid out logically and without any whining. Explaining why something isn't fair, and backing it up isn't whining. Good balance keeps players happier, and happy players play .. and pay .. longer.

As things stand, 2 classes are actually detrimented due to a blind choice they made, having no idea what their class actually did when they selected it. If at the character select screen one character said, "This character make more money than the other two and will advance faster throughout the entire game because of it" then you could tell everyone to stop whining.

Leave a comment:

• Manjures
    replied
    very good idea mate, had somthing like that in mind to

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by R23184316 View Post
    i am one of the top 20 players on my server. i play mage. will destroyer of course. i use dual tree, one for heals, one for dps (mainly pvp). on the rare occaision that the cashers are not spending during a wb, i will get rank3-7 easy. if i spend i can get rank 1 easy. if cashers are on wb, i can still easily get in top10, but i cannot out dps similar br archer. i don't complain. the gap really isn't that much if we're both spending about the same.

i spent a lot of time building my toon. cata/camps/mpds/plunders. pretty much the entire daily quest list every day if i could (work tends to get in the way 5 days a week). it took a while. but i got it. ~52.5k br as a moderate cash spending player. once i hit ~47k br, before the cross-server bg's everyone avoided me in bg's unless they had several blessings. although i rarely chased honor. and it wasn't my br that got me those wins. it was strategy.

i frequently plundered players 3~7 levels above me, because i would find them in rankings, and see that they had neglected their mdef. i have a dps rotation that works very efficiently, with as few lightnings for rage needed. i never heal in a plunder or arena. just rip through them. unless i'm way over powered (more than 3k br diff) i tend to win. unless my opponent has actually chosen a strategy as well. i find way too many players out there that don't think. can't double hit (wb or single player bosses only). or level too quickly for their br to be appropriate for their level. and by appropriate i mean, i've seen 30k br lv60's. it's quite sad.

it breaks down to the turtle vs the hare race. in the end, a stead pace wins the race. don't rush it. don't whine because people who've been around longer have an advantage. work your toon, and you'll get there.

at this moment, i've been playing my mage for ~4 months. ~52.5k br. lv68. lv18 talents. (15 seal/3passive) 6 lv6 astrals. 1 lv5 astral waiting for when i decide to level to 70. (astrals all yellow/gold/orange w/e you call it) lv10 guild skills in all but power and charisma (those are lv9). all available mounts except wildfire and hurricane (not counting G.M. GB win horse or stables level horses) and i've upgraded my clothing to lv3, and my wings to lv3. and i didn't spend a fortune to get it. i just choose the most efficient route i can find to get what i want. i've cashed on wb twice the entire life of my toon. and only to prove a point.

it's a competitive game. with different events. each class has an advantage over the others in different events. gold is a factor, but not nearly as much as you seem to think. it's how you spend it. at the very least, vip status a mere 7.99/mo (same as most internet tv/movie services cost) gets you 8 spins every 3-4 days that can easily net you 580k if you spin the wheel when it has all 3 gold prizes on it. not counting bonus vip tokens from weekly vip gift. if you like the game, it's a very worthwhile investment. that alone can put you ahead of half the crowd.

telling r2 to make your life easier will not accomplish anything. this is a game, yes, but you live in the real world. and i hate to break it to you, but life isn't fair. period. take what you know and learn from your mistakes, and make yourself, and your toon better.

-here endeth the lesson-
    ...And herein lies your lesson.

Your server is not competitive if you can revive and be #1. Come to ours at Kong S1. Top 10 ALWAYS revive. Top few 100% buff (this varies). We've been around: we know not to rush (cashers safely ignore this), we certainly want a good ROI and we max XP/gold/daru wherever possible. It doesn't matter if you plunder 3 to 7 levels above your own (not the issue), it doesn't matter about arena and your strategy (not the issue), it doesn't matter if so-and-so has been around longer (we're comparing like/paralleled characters) and it doesn't matter about the 580k VIP 3x spins (all classes have access to this).

The aforementioned really isn't even an issue. What is painfully apparent is what is being all but ignored: Knights absolutely blow when it comes to DPS events - and the world boss is the crux of character development, something else that is being discounted. The fallback being presented is, "but knights dominate in PvP!" (to which I do not ascribe). The problem with that sentiment is, how does this happen in a timely manner if other classes accumulate it in a 3:2 ratio in their favor? Class advantage should be taken into account for events. If not, they quickly become more intra-class contests rather than inter-class ones.

We knights are not telling R2 to "strongly recommend" anything to make our lives easier; we're searching for that holy grail, namely that most elusive of concepts - balance.
    Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 03-25-2013, 04:32 AM. Reason: Spelling of: XP/gold/daru. It's late.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X