X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onimad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
    Everyone's issue is that it isn't 'fair' that archers dominate WB because everyone needs gold and daru equally. It is fair that archers do the best single target damage. That's their role in the game. They don't, however, need any more gold than the other 2 classes, but make much more of it (relative to power).

Since WB is based solely on single target damage, it makes it unfair. The gold sinks are exactly the same for everyone, the gold gain is not even close.

I am all in favor of archers being the best single target damage in the game. I am not in favor of them getting an advantage on the one thing everyone needs the most. Gold effects every aspect of the game.

Just telling people to 'go crit' is an awful suggestion for the parts of the game that our characters do excel at. Archers get bonuses for crit the other classes do not. In fact, until you can have a VERY high amount of crit, being a crit mage or knight is actually very detrimental to every aspect of the game except the WB. Not to mention the high cost of the character rebuild since the refines and astrals surely ignore it.

Seriously, have you ever seen a crit knight/mage do well that wasn't high end game? I know I haven't. --- In fact, let me rephrase that. Have you ever seen a crit knight/mage do well anywhere but the world boss.... at all?

On my server there was exactly 1 'good' crit mage and he rerolled and went Will Destroyer before the patch because he couldn't keep up with equally geared mages.

It's not like the fairly minor gains from exp in the altar (which archers also get). It's not like the early (by a week?) advantage mages get in crypt (which is exaggerated greatly -- mages and archers can both do 100 at 50, it's only a little easier for mages to be consistent with it) - It's a permanent guaranteed increase in your character that will mean you will always stay ahead of people who would have otherwise been your equals because they can't get guild skills, astrals, or enchant as quickly.

Archers also gain gems at an increase rate from the necropolis, if they're willing to throw down the keys. So it's fair that archers excel at 2 of the biggest character building methods in the game just because they're archers?
    yes there is crit mage in my guild who does well in WB if he wanted to do revive n full buff.
    maybe the easiest way for u to understand that each class had something to sacrifice to gain something.
    WB is event for all class so does PVP. is arena only for knight or mage? is bg only for knight n mage?
    crit rate had been nerf again in wb.
    haven't been able to crit 90% now. only 50% most of the time with 4.5k crit.
    u can get your astral ,skill guild and everything else if u sacrifice your money and give to R2.
    hope u get what's been missing so far.. it's your OWN MONEY needed to be SACRIFICE.

Leave a comment:

• R24877577
    replied
    Zaaqen worded it very well. I will just add that guild altar also has rewards based on your rank for your guild so it is more than exp and that Knights have a higher gold sink if they do not buy the spirit covenant as they need to use a lot more hp pots which you can buy with contribution, yet they are very far behind on world boss. I only ever see them topping the meter when they are high cashers that have equal or more attack than the highest archer (and their attack is a lot lower in comparison to similar gear levels cause they need to put more in other stats) and they have got full balen buff and ressing a lot which is very very rare.

Leave a comment:

• Zaaqen
    replied
    Everyone's issue is that it isn't 'fair' that archers dominate WB because everyone needs gold and daru equally. It is fair that archers do the best single target damage. That's their role in the game. They don't, however, need any more gold than the other 2 classes, but make much more of it (relative to power).

Since WB is based solely on single target damage, it makes it unfair. The gold sinks are exactly the same for everyone, the gold gain is not even close.

I am all in favor of archers being the best single target damage in the game. I am not in favor of them getting an advantage on the one thing everyone needs the most. Gold effects every aspect of the game.

Just telling people to 'go crit' is an awful suggestion for the parts of the game that our characters do excel at. Archers get bonuses for crit the other classes do not. In fact, until you can have a VERY high amount of crit, being a crit mage or knight is actually very detrimental to every aspect of the game except the WB. Not to mention the high cost of the character rebuild since the refines and astrals surely ignore it.

Seriously, have you ever seen a crit knight/mage do well that wasn't high end game? I know I haven't. --- In fact, let me rephrase that. Have you ever seen a crit knight/mage do well anywhere but the world boss.... at all?

On my server there was exactly 1 'good' crit mage and he rerolled and went Will Destroyer before the patch because he couldn't keep up with equally geared mages.

It's not like the fairly minor gains from exp in the altar (which archers also get). It's not like the early (by a week?) advantage mages get in crypt (which is exaggerated greatly -- mages and archers can both do 100 at 50, it's only a little easier for mages to be consistent with it) - It's a permanent guaranteed increase in your character that will mean you will always stay ahead of people who would have otherwise been your equals because they can't get guild skills, astrals, or enchant as quickly.

Archers also gain gems at an increase rate from the necropolis, if they're willing to throw down the keys. So it's fair that archers excel at 2 of the biggest character building methods in the game just because they're archers?

Leave a comment:

• R24877577
    replied
    The game is not glitched. Archers have a higher attack speed so get more hits in. Mages compensate by having stronger aoe to take out troops quicker and archers have stronger single attack. Knights have the highest health potential and absorb damage better. If they have good block they can even gain health back.

All classes have their strengths and weaknesses. The problem arises when it comes to pve events. Archers dominate all of them since they are all single target. Mages fare best in catacombs after level 50 but this isn't for very long as end game is about necropolis where archers can get 3 or 4 levels higher than a mage of equal ability, which is stupidly overpowered considering the rewards and how slow it is to level up in strength at this point. An archer on my server got to level 9 with 50k base br, and I could almost get level 5 down with the same ability as a mage. If I had used scrolls I probably would have though I had level 5 pots. I also only see archers topping the guild altar meter, with mages snapping at their heals and knights slowly chugging behind.

There have been many threads already complaining about how archers need to be more in line with other classes when it comes to world boss and I strongly agree. It was bad before the patch but now it is even worse. People can tell other classes to go crit but we already spent a lot of time and resources converting our astrals into will destroyer, refining our gear away from crit, converting all our crit gems to others etc. I hope something can be done soon as they egar up so much faster and the ones on the top spend far less money than other classes who cannot keep up to them. I see it with one archer on my server. The other top 2 archers were heavy cashers and they quit so he was top archer and then began topping world boss and the only way he would get beat was if a mage or a lower archer (he now quit) started ressing a ton and he didn't have to res or use balen buff at all. After server merge the other week often I can't even get 1% on world boss and I get about 13th or 14th usually and I am the number 1 or 2 mage on there. Archers with 2k less attack get higher than me on world boss, which is unreal.
    Last edited by R24877577; 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    yeah
    also not only do they get better gold and daru, u have to deal with missing shots when they get more turns in arena, cuz the game is glitched, be nice they fix it, instead say clean caches, i mean how many times we suppose to clean them

Leave a comment:

• Patyfatycake
    replied
    You guys talking about the triple hit method for archers?

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    please
    u are an archer, thats why u say what u say, if u were not, u would be also saying change things, lmao, always the ones who have hate when the ones who dont complain, a bit republican of u

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by R27418353 View Post
    hmm u call guardian angel an advantage while it's 1 of the most worthless astrals u can possess , same as dodge has become now , the reduced crit has almost 0 effect and yes I tested it for a week at - 25 % , it doesn't lower the damage or the crits archer do , it's just as usefull as aegis major is .
    And yes archer have 2 many advantages but only an archer will deny that , they get alot more gold and daru from WB , they can kill bosses in necropolis alot easier , The always end in top 3 in divine altar now if they want , with the enw clothing system they can open with aoe so even in arena and pvp it's all got balanced out . Now do tell me 1 real disadvantage of being an archer coz if it wasn't for the time and money I invested in my mage I wouldn't hesitate switching to archer in a blink of an eye coz they get favoured everywhere
    Never said guardian angel was an advantage. I said it was an Astral designed to defend against archers, and designed not only to reduce damage, but rage gained. Just because they changed the amount of time it is effective does not change what it is!

Necropolis I can't argue with, archers do have the advantage there. Same as mages have advantage in the Catacombs from lv50 -100.
    Divine alter top3, yeah always archers, but that would have something to do with how fast skills are cast.
    As for clothing, that gives a huge advantage. 1 AOE to open, compared to a mage with same clothing who can cast 3 of 4 AOE depending on CD, and throw in damnation for good measure.

Now throw in that good old chestnut - An archer with the same BR as me kills me every time.
    Yeah maybe that is right, but BR is a totally biased measure. Try hitting an archer with the same attack and def as you with around the same troop count, then tell me the archer kills you! Because they won't.

The 1 real disadvantage of being an Archer must be listening to the other classes continually whinging about the WB, while totally ignoring all of their own advantages!

And you also still have the option to use a crit build so go do that and stop complaining!
    Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R27418353
    replied
    hmm u call guardian angel an advantage while it's 1 of the most worthless astrals u can possess , same as dodge has become now , the reduced crit has almost 0 effect and yes I tested it for a week at - 25 % , it doesn't lower the damage or the crits archer do , it's just as usefull as aegis major is .
    And yes archer have 2 many advantages but only an archer will deny that , they get alot more gold and daru from WB , they can kill bosses in necropolis alot easier , The always end in top 3 in divine altar now if they want , with the enw clothing system they can open with aoe so even in arena and pvp it's all got balanced out . Now do tell me 1 real disadvantage of being an archer coz if it wasn't for the time and money I invested in my mage I wouldn't hesitate switching to archer in a blink of an eye coz they get favoured everywhere

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    not true, they hit hard, and there crits are good, they have no issues as far as i can see, but getting gold is not fair to us, at all, we all need, not just archers, i would like to upgrade my rings and stuff, they have all upgraded, i am lucky to do a lil, its not fair any way u look at it, they are a strong class, and should not get more then any of the rest of us

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by ysolar View Post
    no it is not fair they do, we all need gold and daru, not just archers, u must be an archer to say that
    Never said it was fair.

Just happened to point out some other things that aren't equal for all classes.

But I was right about 1 thing, you just skipped right on by those advantages you do hold over archers

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    have 3 dif kinds of wb, one for each class, so we all get gold and daru, not just archers, poor knights really get screwed

Leave a comment:

• ysolar
    replied
    no it is not fair they do, we all need gold and daru, not just archers, u must be an archer to say that

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Go build up your crit, get rid of will destroyer and then the gap will close.

Mages and knights have two ways to build their character, either crit or will destroyer, without compromising how they can operate.
    Archers do not have this choice, crit is a necessity as they don't build rage as easily or quickly as other classes, and rage consumption is far greater than other classes also.

Also, as an Archer, I would love a Mage/knight specific defense astral, that not only reduces the damage taken, but also impacts the ability to gain rage.(Guardian Angel astral).
    But I suppose that would mean giving up some of the advantages you have OVER archers, and that is NEVER talked about is it!
    Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alpdruck7
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    1. Crit rate is increased at world boss, so Archers should be getting close to 90% or more crit rate.
    2. All classes have a double hit capability, it just comes down to timing, as a mage I double attack with Meteor and Rain of Fire all the time, I'm almost always in top 5.
    3. Mages are suppse to be AoE dealers, not 1v1. Knights are suppose to absorb damage, not deal it. So it seems fair that Archers dominate World Boss
    World Boss is an Event for ALL classes to gain gold and daru, so that all classes should have the same advantage. But the difference between archers and the other 2 classes is just too big. Let me ask you something: how much money you paid to be in top 5, so to be equal with a bunch of archers who even paid nothing, even paid only vouchers? If mages are AoE dealers and knights are suppose to absorb damage, aren't their right to have the same chances to have enough gold for astrals, guild skills and so on? And enough daru for leveling up troops and enlightment? WB should be equal for all classes, because it's an event, not a MP, Campaign, and so on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X