Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

WB and knights..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WB and knights..

    Ok so this is getting ridiculous... i mean the same level archer or even mage can get tons of gold more due to WB... i think the game developers really missed the trick here... just a "small" tweak was needed with world boss to make it fair.... just increase the WB damage by % each turn instead of the ult... in that way knights' defenses could have come to good use as they could have survived a bit more than archers or mages... i dont really understand the point of stupid voucher boost etc as they have NO USE at all as the total amount of gold received by a given player would be equal(unless they are balenors with balen buffs) no matter how many boosts you provide(as boosts are for everyone so they cancel out in terms of gold achieved). Well anyway these are some questions i would like to have answers to..

    1) Ive heard some people say that crit build for knights in WB is the way to go... is it true?? considering ive got WD at 40% i really dont see the point of going for the crit build as crits do only around 40-50% more... i know that now the crit and block stats are also boosted up by the voucher boosts so you can crit more frequently but my point is that why risk trying to crit when you can get constant 40% increase in damage anyway?
    2) If crit is better then what should be the crit rating and determination level?
    3) Any general tips on how to get double hits now with all the massive lag in events involving alot of players...
    1.6 patch is far enough so we need to find some way to make WB as close to fair as possible till then... GOGO Knights!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    Ok so this is getting ridiculous... i mean the same level archer or even mage can get tons of gold more due to WB... i think the game developers really missed the trick here... just a "small" tweak was needed with world boss to make it fair.... just increase the WB damage by % each turn instead of the ult... in that way knights' defenses could have come to good use as they could have survived a bit more than archers or mages... i dont really understand the point of stupid voucher boost etc as they have NO USE at all as the total amount of gold received by a given player would be equal(unless they are balenors with balen buffs) no matter how many boosts you provide(as boosts are for everyone so they cancel out in terms of gold achieved). Well anyway these are some questions i would like to have answers to..

    1) Ive heard some people say that crit build for knights in WB is the way to go... is it true?? considering ive got WD at 40% i really dont see the point of going for the crit build as crits do only around 40-50% more... i know that now the crit and block stats are also boosted up by the voucher boosts so you can crit more frequently but my point is that why risk trying to crit when you can get constant 40% increase in damage anyway?
    2) If crit is better then what should be the crit rating and determination level?
    3) Any general tips on how to get double hits now with all the massive lag in events involving alot of players...
    1.6 patch is far enough so we need to find some way to make WB as close to fair as possible till then... GOGO Knights!!
    It depends on your server as well. If you have WD to 8, then that's a huge investment. To raise another two astrals (crit) is another sink that we've had to do to close the gap a bit. If you get you 1% and are relatively happy with your output, at least there's that comfort. I just went 6/6 to recoup the investment. WD even at 7 can't compete however.

    Comment


    • #3
      u knw what would be fair but i never see happening if R2 made it so each class fought a diffrent wb one for mages one for knight one for archer totaly fair xD

      Comment


      • #4
        Just make damage adsorbed by defense added to the count.

        Comment


        • #5
          im rly getting sick of this whining im a knight and can easily get top 3 on my server it all depends on what youre build is and who you compare with, im not crit but i do have will dest lvl 8, talking about same lvl is ** you can have a lvl 70 with 30k br but also a lvl 70 with 70kbr, if you compare you should at least take same br around same atk and around same astral lvls
          Last edited by bladewarior; 03-26-2013, 03:15 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bladewarior View Post
            im rly getting sick of this whining im a knight and can easily get top 3 on my server it all depends on what youre build is and who you compare with, im not crit but i do have will dest lvl 8, talking about same lvl is ** you can have a lvl 70 with 30k br but also a lvl 70 with 70kbr, if you compare you should at least take same br around same atk and around same astral lvls
            But thats the catch... same BR knights and archers "wont" have equal attacks as the knight will have higher defense always... knights will always have the lower attack stat if you compare the same BR... well anyway the attack stat is irrelevant as the primary reason whyv archers make so much more is coz of their spammable crit skills and coz they are fast as hell and get more turns out of each round of the world boss

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
              But thats the catch... same BR knights and archers "wont" have equal attacks as the knight will have higher defense always... knights will always have the lower attack stat if you compare the same BR... well anyway the attack stat is irrelevant as the primary reason whyv archers make so much more is coz of their spammable crit skills and coz they are fast as hell and get more turns out of each round of the world boss
              ok youre probably wright and i dont know what im talking about and i dont know why on s3 im in top3 as a knight either

              Comment


              • #8
                Let's come at this from a different angle for once.

                An average build archer v An average build Mage/Knight

                Lets take a look at only Offensive astrals, that are designed to boost ATK.

                The average archer has 3 offensive astrals Patk - Pristine Force
                Crit - Sniper's edge
                Crit Base damage increase - Determination

                The Average Mage/Knight has 2 offensive astrals Patk or Matk - Pristine Force or Mysticality
                Increase Damage - Will Destroyer

                So can you tell me why an archer should not get at least 33% more offensive ability than other classes, when they have more offensive astrals equipped?
                Archers have, due to NO CHOICE of their own, had to go down this route as crit/atk is what the class is built on.


                But no the other classes will never accept this as a reason. And why will they not accept it, "Because it's not fair", "We all use gold for the same things", "because everyone say's it's not fair". They can never provide any solid reasoning behind their crying and whining.
                Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-26-2013, 04:44 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                  Let's come at this from a different angle for once.

                  An average build archer v An average build Mage/Knight

                  Lets take a look at only Offensive astrals, that are designed to boost ATK.

                  The average archer has 3 offensive astrals Patk - Pristine Force
                  Crit - Sniper's edge
                  Crit Base damage increase - Determination

                  The Average Mage/Knight has 2 offensive astrals Patk or Matk - Pristine Force or Mysticality
                  Increase Damage - Will Destroyer

                  So can you tell me why an archer should not get at least 33% more offensive ability than other classes, when they have more offensive astrals equipped?
                  Archers have, due to NO CHOICE of their own, had to go down this route as crit/atk is what the class is built on.


                  But no the other classes will never accept this as a reason. And why will they not accept it, "Because it's not fair", "We all use gold for the same things", "because everyone say's it's not fair". They can never provide any solid reasoning behind their crying and whining.
                  OK... gimme another astral to level up which will increase my damage output / attacking prowess to a similar level - that's useless for an archer and we're square.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                    OK... gimme another astral to level up which will increase my damage output / attacking prowess to a similar level - that's useless for an archer and we're square.
                    That would be a good idea and one that would actual work and be fair. So long as you had to keep that astral equipped at all times, not just for the WB. Also you could make an astral for knights and archers that enable's multi AOE, and one for Archer/mages that gives a def boost. Then all things would be equal and fair.

                    Then we could move on from this topic and start discussing how everything else in the game isn't balanced

                    But then I suppose you would have to remove the Def capablities of Knights, the AOE abilities of the mages just to level the field again.

                    You can not just look at the world boss and say "One class is better than the other", you have to look at the whole game and compare everything. It is all linked together and each part effects the other parts in many ways!
                    Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-26-2013, 05:18 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                      That would be a good idea and one that would actual work and be fair. So long as you had to keep that astral equipped at all times, not just for the WB. Also you could make an astral for knights and archers that enable's multi AOE, and one for Archer/mages that gives a def boost. Then all things would be equal and fair.

                      Then we could move on from this topic and start discussing how everything else in the game isn't balanced

                      But then I suppose you would have to remove the Def capablities of Knights, the AOE abilities of the mages just to level the field again.

                      You can not just look at the world boss and say "One class is better than the other", you have to look at the whole game and compare everything. It is all linked together and each part effects the other parts in many ways!
                      The game is pretty balanced as is - world boss being the exception in my opinion.
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        The game is pretty balanced as is - world boss being the exception in my opinion.
                        So if the game is pretty balanced as is, would changing the WB not make it imbalanced?

                        "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist"

                        "The greatest trick R2 ever pulled was making people think that the WB rewards unbalanced the game"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you switch WD astral with crit/critbasedmg for every wb, do you change your gems too? cause with 0 crit on gear I would reach about 1,2-1,4k crit max without buffs. I find it hard to belive that you can deal more damage with such a low critrate. On the other hand if you swap gems everytime for WB you might pay more than what you gain from the little extra damage.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bladewarior View Post
                            ok youre probably wright and i dont know what im talking about and i dont know why on s3 im in top3 as a knight either
                            Being a top knight is completely irrelevant.... this game is NOT skill based its just money based, you are on top coz of the balens... sounds harsh but thats true... actually the weaker(non cash or light cash) players generally understand the game more coz they have no shortcuts( cant balen spam when things get hard).. thats a truth so bite it..
                            Plus the same BR and same balen spender archer will always score more in WB and its a well known truth... im sure if any archer spends the same amount and is the same BR as you they will score alot more in WB..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                              Being a top knight is completely irrelevant.... this game is NOT skill based its just money based, you are on top coz of the balens... sounds harsh but thats true... actually the weaker(non cash or light cash) players generally understand the game more coz they have no shortcuts( cant balen spam when things get hard).. thats a truth so bite it..
                              Plus the same BR and same balen spender archer will always score more in WB and its a well known truth... im sure if any archer spends the same amount and is the same BR as you they will score alot more in WB..
                              Actually, since he's gonna play that card, I can too. His server must be less competitive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X