X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kattuktk
    started a topic WB and knights..

WB and knights..

Ok so this is getting ridiculous... i mean the same level archer or even mage can get tons of gold more due to WB... i think the game developers really missed the trick here... just a "small" tweak was needed with world boss to make it fair.... just increase the WB damage by % each turn instead of the ult... in that way knights' defenses could have come to good use as they could have survived a bit more than archers or mages... i dont really understand the point of stupid voucher boost etc as they have NO USE at all as the total amount of gold received by a given player would be equal(unless they are balenors with balen buffs) no matter how many boosts you provide(as boosts are for everyone so they cancel out in terms of gold achieved). Well anyway these are some questions i would like to have answers to..

1) Ive heard some people say that crit build for knights in WB is the way to go... is it true?? considering ive got WD at 40% i really dont see the point of going for the crit build as crits do only around 40-50% more... i know that now the crit and block stats are also boosted up by the voucher boosts so you can crit more frequently but my point is that why risk trying to crit when you can get constant 40% increase in damage anyway?
    2) If crit is better then what should be the crit rating and determination level?
    3) Any general tips on how to get double hits now with all the massive lag in events involving alot of players...
    1.6 patch is far enough so we need to find some way to make WB as close to fair as possible till then... GOGO Knights!!

• uGoTsErVeD23
    replied
    At the end of the day the only reason we are complaining is because archers get more gold and daru compared to mages and knights. In our server S15 merged with S9 the top 9 players in WB are archers and that's on all WB. the tenth player will either be the server's strongest mage or strongest knight.

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by R24906631 View Post
    Pretty heavily potted and/or scrolled on your main in that pic. Are you usually that buffed up for WBs with your main? And not buffed with your alt?
    Yeah, sry, my bad, I forgot I was ready for BG, edited now

Leave a comment:

• R24906631
    replied
    Pretty heavily potted and/or scrolled on your main in that pic. Are you usually that buffed up for WBs with your main? And not buffed with your alt?

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    K, here you go
    Click image for larger version

Name:	princess1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1666072

Click image for larger version

Name:	baby1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1666071

Baby gt no astral higher than lvl 5, I gt WD 7

When AFK I unequipped all skills except 2 basic attacks on both toons and their best delphic

My delphics lvl maxed, Baby delphic lvl 1
    Last edited by PunkPetal; 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: cos i forgot i was suited and booted for BG ^^

Leave a comment:

• R24906631
    replied
    Saying its a 20K BR difference is kind of meaningless. Where is that difference based? If most of the difference is due to the knight having much higher defense, HP and block, you shouldn't expect added firepower from those stats. Those stats make you much harder to kill and make you monsters in SP and MP arenas and in BG, they shouldn't also yield more damage on world bosses.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    I already posted in an earlier thread about WB that my f2p, younger, lower level, with 20k less BR archer consistently beat my knight on WB when both used AFK and only vouchers.

I dread to think by how much if I'd ran same experiment double-triple hitting
    Thank you. That helps.

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    I already posted in an earlier thread about WB that my f2p, younger, lower level, with 20k less BR archer consistently beat my knight on WB when both used AFK and only vouchers.

I dread to think by how much if I'd ran same experiment double-triple hitting

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    Being a top knight is completely irrelevant.... this game is NOT skill based its just money based, you are on top coz of the balens... sounds harsh but thats true... actually the weaker(non cash or light cash) players generally understand the game more coz they have no shortcuts( cant balen spam when things get hard).. thats a truth so bite it..
    Plus the same BR and same balen spender archer will always score more in WB and its a well known truth... im sure if any archer spends the same amount and is the same BR as you they will score alot more in WB..
    Actually, since he's gonna play that card, I can too. His server must be less competitive.

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by bladewarior View Post
    ok youre probably wright and i dont know what im talking about and i dont know why on s3 im in top3 as a knight either
    Being a top knight is completely irrelevant.... this game is NOT skill based its just money based, you are on top coz of the balens... sounds harsh but thats true... actually the weaker(non cash or light cash) players generally understand the game more coz they have no shortcuts( cant balen spam when things get hard).. thats a truth so bite it..
    Plus the same BR and same balen spender archer will always score more in WB and its a well known truth... im sure if any archer spends the same amount and is the same BR as you they will score alot more in WB..

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    If you switch WD astral with crit/critbasedmg for every wb, do you change your gems too? cause with 0 crit on gear I would reach about 1,2-1,4k crit max without buffs. I find it hard to belive that you can deal more damage with such a low critrate. On the other hand if you swap gems everytime for WB you might pay more than what you gain from the little extra damage.

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    The game is pretty balanced as is - world boss being the exception in my opinion.
    So if the game is pretty balanced as is, would changing the WB not make it imbalanced?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist"

"The greatest trick R2 ever pulled was making people think that the WB rewards unbalanced the game"

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    That would be a good idea and one that would actual work and be fair. So long as you had to keep that astral equipped at all times, not just for the WB. Also you could make an astral for knights and archers that enable's multi AOE, and one for Archer/mages that gives a def boost. Then all things would be equal and fair.

Then we could move on from this topic and start discussing how everything else in the game isn't balanced

But then I suppose you would have to remove the Def capablities of Knights, the AOE abilities of the mages just to level the field again.

You can not just look at the world boss and say "One class is better than the other", you have to look at the whole game and compare everything. It is all linked together and each part effects the other parts in many ways!
    The game is pretty balanced as is - world boss being the exception in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    OK... gimme another astral to level up which will increase my damage output / attacking prowess to a similar level - that's useless for an archer and we're square.
    That would be a good idea and one that would actual work and be fair. So long as you had to keep that astral equipped at all times, not just for the WB. Also you could make an astral for knights and archers that enable's multi AOE, and one for Archer/mages that gives a def boost. Then all things would be equal and fair.

Then we could move on from this topic and start discussing how everything else in the game isn't balanced

But then I suppose you would have to remove the Def capablities of Knights, the AOE abilities of the mages just to level the field again.

You can not just look at the world boss and say "One class is better than the other", you have to look at the whole game and compare everything. It is all linked together and each part effects the other parts in many ways!
    Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-26-2013, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    Let's come at this from a different angle for once.

An average build archer v An average build Mage/Knight

Lets take a look at only Offensive astrals, that are designed to boost ATK.

The average archer has 3 offensive astrals Patk - Pristine Force
    Crit - Sniper's edge
    Crit Base damage increase - Determination

The Average Mage/Knight has 2 offensive astrals Patk or Matk - Pristine Force or Mysticality
    Increase Damage - Will Destroyer

So can you tell me why an archer should not get at least 33% more offensive ability than other classes, when they have more offensive astrals equipped?
    Archers have, due to NO CHOICE of their own, had to go down this route as crit/atk is what the class is built on.

But no the other classes will never accept this as a reason. And why will they not accept it, "Because it's not fair", "We all use gold for the same things", "because everyone say's it's not fair". They can never provide any solid reasoning behind their crying and whining.
    OK... gimme another astral to level up which will increase my damage output / attacking prowess to a similar level - that's useless for an archer and we're square.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X