Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The Gems of Higher Level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gems of Higher Level

Apparently Wartune really is a game originated by the Chinese, because they have absolutely no comprehension of American dollars and cents.

I was looking in the Blacksmith Shop for Gems, specifically the 5th and 6th level ones.

Now a 5th level Gem costs 5355 Balens to craft, and a 6th level on goes for 21675 Balens. That is 200 American dollars for one damn stone!!!!!

Those people have absolutely lost touch with reality.

Now, I enjoy the game, and I don't mind spending money on it, but that is just beyond stupid!!!!!

Many MMOs have this whether it's by upgrading with "safety stones", item synthesis or overall enchanting. It's a geometric increase. The counter to this in the long run is power creep (of offered items/gems/++).

Comment

It is not fault of Chinese programmer, buddy, I am Software developer with 10 yrs exp, I know how software is organized.
      Basically what 7road gave to r2games is running application with a bunch of configuration files, in configuration files, r2game can customize all the parameters or variables they want, such as item price, event schedule.... It is not controlled by 7road end.

But 7road developers DO have problem with their game design, for example, world boss rank:

Current logic like this:
      select Top (10) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN all classes
      obviously it is unfair to knight, who certainly can't produce as much damage as two other classes.

The reasonable logic should be:
      select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN archers
      JOIN select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN mages
      JOIN select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN knights

Originally posted by Wyerwinn View Post
      Apparently Wartune really is a game originated by the Chinese, because they have absolutely no comprehension of American dollars and cents.

I was looking in the Blacksmith Shop for Gems, specifically the 5th and 6th level ones.

Now a 5th level Gem costs 5355 Balens to craft, and a 6th level on goes for 21675 Balens. That is 200 American dollars for one damn stone!!!!!

Those people have absolutely lost touch with reality.

Now, I enjoy the game, and I don't mind spending money on it, but that is just beyond stupid!!!!!
      Last edited by R25664847; 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Lol, OP knows nothing, in the chinese version you can get a full set of level 8 gems with 200$ It's just R2 that steals money from SO many people.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
          Lol, OP knows nothing, in the chinese version you can get a full set of level 8 gems with 200$ It's just R2 that steals money from SO many people.
          I will give u 200$ then can u send me an account with full gem 8 in chinese server pls

Comment

if you a serious player that money still worth a lot, and if you just play for fun (like me) I guess you guys think twice before spend your real money
            Just a curious player.
            ___Play for fun

Comment

Just do the catacombs ....

Do them everyday, with crypt keys (75 balens a day, excluding what you can get from free offers/altar etc.)

I was playing on a mage until recently, NEVER bought a single gem. When I was lvl 61 I had full lvl 5 gems & 1-2 lvl 6s. Took me about 2~months, but didn't cost me more than 1500 balens in crypt keys (I wasn't saving keys for NMs).

So it's very possible to make this kind of gem, just need patience & crypt keys (being a good mage helps, but it's possible for all classes, just takes longer for non-mages, due to catacomb easiest for a mage)
              S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
              Mage: Existence (G.M)
              BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

While it sounds greedy on R2's part it's actually a win/win for everyone. $200 and getting full level 8s creates a MASSIVE gap between free and cash players.
                If you really want level 8 gems then in R2 version its going to set you back so much that it's not worth it. Unless of course you're a "Stupid 100k whale"

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                  While it sounds greedy on R2's part it's actually a win/win for everyone. $200 and getting full level 8s creates a MASSIVE gap between free and cash players.
                  If you really want level 8 gems then in R2 version its going to set you back so much that it's not worth it. Unless of course you're a "Stupid 100k whale"
                  When everything is cheap as hell like in the chinese version, there are no free players because everyone can afford some stuff.
                  There's actually a much larger gap in this version than in the chinese one.

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                    But 7road developers DO have problem with their game design, for example, world boss rank:

Current logic like this:
                    select Top (10) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN all classes
                    obviously it is unfair to knight, who certainly can't produce as much damage as two other classes.

The reasonable logic should be:
                    select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN archers
                    JOIN select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN mages
                    JOIN select Top (3) from data source SORT BY damageOutput IN knights
                    You don't use JOIN here. You use UNION. Assuming your interpretation of the schema is correct, there are other problems with this statement. Are you sure you know SQL? Been using it for eDiscovery for years - and that error is so basic, I wonder if you're overstepping your bounds.

Comment

When everything is cheap as hell like in the chinese version, there are no free players because everyone can afford some stuff.
                      There's actually a much larger gap in this version than in the chinese one.
                      Like I said, the gap between Free and Cash players is huge. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean people without money or means are going to cash.

Comment

this is only pseudocode to let ppl easily understand, SQL will make most of people here confused. for example, how a newbie understand " select * from tablname where ..."

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                        You don't use JOIN here. You use UNION. Assuming your interpretation of the schema is correct, there are other problems with this statement. Are you sure you know SQL? Been using it for eDiscovery for years - and that error is so basic, I wonder if you're overstepping your bounds.
                        Last edited by R25664847; 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                        Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                        Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                          this is only pseudocode to let ppl easily understand, SQL will make most of people here confused. for example, how a newbie understand " select * from tablname where ..."
                          Come on, guy. Even though this is based on tables and schemas we do not know, you UNION results together that you wish to be additive. JOIN is based on tables you link attributes against. There are occasions you JOIN against its own table but you only have one table represented here - and there's no reason to ever JOIN in this case.

Do you want me to point out what else is wrong with the "pseudocode"?

Comment

Lol talking about SQL... the games are not programmed using SQL anyway.. SQL is used for banks etc.. itll be very tedious and inefficient to use SQL for gaming purposes
                            For games like these JAVA and C# are used and softwares like DarkBasic Pro as SQL cant handle the various levels of inheritances needed for games like these

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                              Lol talking about SQL... the games are not programmed using SQL anyway.. SQL is used for banks etc.. itll be very tedious and inefficient to use SQL for gaming purposes
                              For games like these JAVA and C# are used and softwares like DarkBasic Pro as SQL cant handle the various levels of inheritances needed for games like these
                              Where do you think all the data is stored? JAVA and C#(#) are ill-equipped to handle substantial database queries. It's obvious SQL isn't a true programming language. In fact, there are quite a few extensions to do so. If it's not SQL (with a GUI front end to make GMs lives easier) then it's another robust database-based language.

Comment

Working...
                              X