Question about troops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about troops

Ok, so I have a question about troops that apparently not a single person has the intelligence to answer. So, here it is:

My troop count is: 591
    My troops are at: 7800

I use knights. They are L.29. Their hp is 2628. So logically each knight has 2628hp each, and I can bring 2 into battle. But when They die in battle, I loose 2k troops off my total troops (the 7800). So, what I don't get is why I am loosing 2k troops from my troop total when only 2 are dying? If troop count means anything, then my knights hp in battle should be (troop count) x (troop hp (since I use knights, that's 2628hp) which would equal 1,553,148hp my knights should have in battle (since there's 2 I can see, then it should be 776,574hp for each one I see on the screen) but yet they die after they loose their 3k hp (rounding) and I loose 2k troops from my troop count.

This makes no sense at all. I would like for someone to explain this stupid logic for me.

The formula is [Base HP x Troop Count / 200].

The issue is once the base HP of even one of your troops expire, you will lose it unless you're in a portion of the game where you are immune to troop loss.

Comment

That makes no sense. Any mods or R2 staff feel like not being lazy and answering my question?

Comment

Sure it does.

You are taking your current population instead of your current troop count.
        Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 03-25-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

So what you're saying is that the coders here are a bunch of retarded crack smokers then? Because that still makes no sense. If that's the formula, then again, why am I losing 2,000 troops every time the 2 knights I bring into battle die?
          Last edited by vastilos; 03-25-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vastilos View Post
            So what you're saying is that the coders here are a bunch of retarded crack smokers then?
            In your case:

Troop count 591 - the amount you can bring into battle (I assume this is your current maximum allowed?). 591 x 2628 / 200 = 7765 (rounded down). Add academy bonus to the total (not per troop). That is the cumulative total of HP for your troops have at the start of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
              In your case:

Troop count 591 - the amount you can bring into battle (I assume this is your current maximum allowed?). 591 x 2628 / 200 = 7765 (rounded down). Add academy bonus to the total (not per troop). That is the cumulative total of HP for your troops have at the start of battle.
              Ok, then why do my troops die when they take more than 2628 damage?

Comment

Ok, then why do my troops die when they take more than 2628 damage?
                Split the 7765-ish HP for the two forces onscreen. That should be 3882 per "stack" in front of you. If either get hit cumulatively for that amount, that stack will perish.

Comment

I wonder if the coders were smoking crack or on a lot of other heavy drugs when they thought of that stupid formula.

Comment

I wonder if the coders were smoking crack or on a lot of other heavy drugs when they thought of that stupid formula.
                    Most players just eat the troop drain.

If each stack had 775k HP as you placed up in your original post, mages and archers would LOVE it. :P

Comment

ok, so then whats the formula for troop patt/def and matt/def

Comment

ok, so then whats the formula for troop patt/def and matt/def
                        Surprisingly, it's pretty simple: It is what it is. Nothing special to calculate. It's whatever is listed at your barracks plus academy bonus.

Troop count has nothing to do with power or damage unfortunately.

Comment

So, we get shafted then is what you're saying?

Comment

So, we get shafted then is what you're saying?
                            I guess you could feel that way if you are over character level 50-ish as troops are more for fodder purposes than anything else. Hopefully the next part of the update will rectify this somewhat.

Somewhat.

Comment

moving to game discussion
                              Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                              Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Working...
                              X