Tallent for mages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallent for mages

Hello u guyz, i'm a lv 53 mage and i still don't know what tallent to choose for my character. If anyone could help me with it please do share, i don't even know how tallents work ... :|

Get to level 5 Holy Seal, Grab Barrier, Grab Focus. The rest all depend on what style you play.

Comment

I find 1 point in barrier is useful and the rest in holy seal. THe proc rate is too low for it to be worth it in my opinion to put points in something else, and stun is really effective in arena and particularily in battleground. Level 67 and I have level 20 stun and I still get stunned by some people for 2 or even 3 turns.

Comment

Too many people focus only on the PvP aspect of the game. If you're a pure PvP-er, just put all your points in Holy Seal.

For PvE, I recommend the following: Survival, Redemption, Focus, Barrier.
        Bonus: If you have the PvE set, then skills like Callousness may work as well.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

PVE? what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by falunah View Post
            PVE? what's that?
            Player Vs Everything.
            Meaning Multiplayer dungeons, single-player dungeons, catacombs, divine altar, spire (when it comes out), etc.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Generally people would say Player Versus Environment, but what Condor said is spot on. Just anything where you're fighting the AI instead of a player.

Remember you can always reset the talents if you decide you aren't happy with them, so don't feel like making a mistake is a permanent setback or anything.

I found Redemption to not be worth it, personally. Blessed lights refresh is long enough that the 5 seconds has not once been the difference between winning and losing yet. I don't find myself using blessed light twice in a single fight a common enough occurrence to justify it. Nightmare Temple might cause a complete 180 on this, we'll see.

I am a huge fan of Focus. It's percentage is low at 5%, but that's still 1 in 20, which isn't that bad. When it does come up, you have 2 turns of 30% (not 50 as stated on the talent) reduced rage. So you could get a thunderer for 35 rage or a blessed light for 39.. and follow it up with a suntoria for 20 rage.

Barrier is a no brainer at 5% damage reduction. It's like having 2 more levels of Goddess Blessing (almost).

Survival adds 5 seconds to restoration recast timer, while increasing healing power by 20%. This one has that 5 second setback that occasionally you will hate, a lot. That said, the increased healing for the same rage is almost always welcome in place of those 5 seconds.

Misfortune is tough to justify for me personally because I think of damnation as a healer set aoe best used in PVE. (This thought is totally wrong, as it applies just as much to PVP, but it's stuck in my head that way) -- And in as a healer, you'd have to give up an important spell to have damnation in your lineup. --- That said, if you commonly use Damnation for group arena's or BG's, ask yourself if casting again 7 seconds earlier is going to matter. If the answer is yes, then the 10% extra damage is a bonus.

Callousness will only ever matter in PVE gear with the extra rage incoming, and I can't see the reduction ever making the difference where something else wouldn't have been a better choice. If you are in Guild Battle tower fights that are lasting this long and you're not on healing ... First, how did they last that long without healing? .. Secondly, that's the one situation this will ever matter. ---- If you find yourself in a situation where you are considering this useful, you're in the very late end game stuff and would know whether it's relevant to you already.

Momentum can be nice, particularly with pve set when you can afford to throw a lot more meteors. If you're in pve set, I consider this a good buy. If not, it's hard to come up with the rage to keeping throwing meteors around all willy-nilly.

Awaken will almost only find any use in Guild Battles where it forces the formation of 3 in a row. I don't personally use it, but if roasting people on chance procs in GB is your thing, you know.
              Last edited by Zaaqen; 03-26-2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

ok guyz, thanx a lot, a think i'll go with barier and survival for now

Comment

Side-note: The 1% bonus chance from focus after rank 1 becomes apparent (level 2 focus feels more like 10%). Focus is our bread-and-butter for talents.

Other suggeston: Misfortune (damnation cooldown + damage) talent is nice if you use damnation often. +10% damage boost might not seem like much on a 2500 damage ability, but since it is a flat-value damaging ability that extra 250 damage will actually come closer to 500 extra damage due to Will Destroyer and PvP medallion damage modfiers.

Comment

shouldn't he wait until lvl 55 so he can get his Lvl 55 gear first befoe upgrading talents?

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                      Side-note: The 1% bonus chance from focus after rank 1 becomes apparent (level 2 focus feels more like 10%). Focus is our bread-and-butter for talents.

Other suggeston: Misfortune (damnation cooldown + damage) talent is nice if you use damnation often. +10% damage boost might not seem like much on a 2500 damage ability, but since it is a flat-value damaging ability that extra 250 damage will actually come closer to 500 extra damage due to Will Destroyer and PvP medallion damage modfiers.
                      Can you screenshot and show us that you have 2 points in Focus?
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

all my talents are asigned to stuns, 100% is better than any other %,and they work for defense and ofense

Comment

Originally posted by jymnils View Post
                          all my talents are asigned to stuns, 100% is better than any other %,and they work for defense and ofense
                          Unfortunately for you, they don't work on bosses.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

In my opinion Survival is very good because you heal 20% more for same rage cost, and maybe regain 10 rage (Meh not likely to happen so we can ignore this bonus). Your cooldown becomes 25-33% longer which means you heal slightly less per second, but there is 1 thing that not many notice, that you heal 20% more in ONE turn, meaning you also gain extra advantage from casting more powerful heal and then using your turns during cooldown for other spells.

And actually, costing less rage per healing amount is always welcome to me while without PvE set.

Comment

to be honest all talents are **** all i have is barrier lvl 1 ofc less damage and put the rest in seal reason is most of it is luck i cant count on any of them produceing wen i want so whats the point i did have momentum focus and redemption but it made no diffrence to how i played and and dont say talents are good for pve gear im wearing pve im thinking of maybe upgrading redemption tho and keep upgrading it reason being iv watched videos of the chinese doing lvl 70 nm dungeons and they can do bless light 1 after another only way this could be is with high lvl redemption and could be the only way to be 70 nm
                              Last edited by dking87; 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X