No announcement yet.

Astral Capturing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I bet it's virtually impossible to fail enchanting 5 times in a row when it says 100% success, right? This is nothing but horrible coding on R2's behalf, and I am willing to bet that they have 0 clue how to fix it.

Comment

And WickedSilk, just to let you know, I write my results on a notepad, click by click to prove to myself that R2 is full of **** (which I've been doing a pretty good job lately). Why would they lie you ask? Well, maybe they can answer why they lie when you go to the blacksmith to enchant an item and it says 100% success yet you can fail (5 times in a row is my record) since you know, 100% success mean you cannot fail, correct? Or why they lie when they say you get great bonuses for being a VIP, but the bonuses you have to pay for separately. Or why they lie when they say you can win good items from the VIP wheel, yet it does nothing but give you the worst and most useless garbage possible.

Comment

Originally posted by vastilos View Post
        And I bet it's virtually impossible to fail enchanting 5 times in a row when it says 100% success, right? This is nothing but horrible coding on R2's behalf, and I am willing to bet that they have 0 clue how to fix it.
        I have never failed at 100%. I just went from +18 to +30 on *4* pieces using nothing but level 9 luck stones.

Comment

Explain how I can fail then, especially since 100% success means you cannot fail.

Comment

never failed with 100%. and 2m gold and not even a green astral? The most likely explanation is that you are using a greyscale monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
              never failed with 100%. and 2m gold and not even a green astral? The most likely explanation is that you are using a greyscale monitor.
              Actually I'm on my macbook using google chrome. Just a fyi.

Comment

Screenshot one since it happens so frequently to you.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                  Screenshot one since it happens so frequently to you.
                  Screenshots are too easy to fake. I need my camcorder back so I can video record it. But by then R2 will probably fix it and still state that 'nothing is wrong' and play it off.

Comment

Screenshots are too easy to fake. I need my camcorder back so I can video record it. But by then R2 will probably fix it and still state that 'nothing is wrong' and play it off.
                    We trust you. Post a SS.

Comment

Explain how I can fail then, especially since 100% success means you cannot fail.
                      Impossible . . . i think you might be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                        I have never failed at 100%. I just went from +18 to +30 on *4* pieces using nothing but level 9 luck stones.
                        I enchanted my Level 45, 55, 60 (legendary) set. I've failed 3-4 times in a row with 90%
                        But ever since I used level 9 luck stones, I've never failed a single time.

So unless you show a screen shot, it didn't happen.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                          My experience is as follows:

Astral hunting always provides me with mixed results. Sometimes I use millions and get just a bit, sometimes I use a few hundred thousand and get a yellow astral. The new capture and sell system might have a psychological effect on how many misfortunes people think they get (in comparison to the time before the patch). So, let me put this into statistics (not overly precise, but this is what I have):

1. The worst luck I had (a few times) was 2 nonmisfortunes on the whole screen.
                          2. The closest two yellow astrals I got were less than 5 clicks away from each other.
                          3. I get 1 yellow astral (random) for approximately 2.5M gold used. I have 5/5 yellows at 15k astral points (plus some in reserve). I bought just one of those with Star Points.
                          4. From my experience, the average astral gains, approximated, are: Misfortunes 45%, Greens 40%, Blues 13%, Purples 1.95%, Yellows less than 0.05% (1 in 2000) (Reds = got 2 total).

Important: All the statistics people have posted are worthless if the person reading doesn't know how the astrals were caught. For example, I sell greens and buy only energines. Selling more astrals increases your chance of getting a yellow (as you'll have more cash to roll with). I would definitely recommend THIS post if you're interested in actual numbers on this. It might also clarify a lot of problems from this thread. It is pre-patch and possibly not accurate anymore (even though I don't see any reason why R2 staff would lie about this). However, since the patch I have noticed a slight increase in misfortunes, but as I said, I think it's just psychological (as now I can sell faster).

UPDATE:
                          WHAT IS THE REASON OF GIVING US MISFORTUNE ASTRALS??
                          If there were no misfortune astrals, people would complain about greens. I sell greens and, while they are better than misfortunes, they are still useless. The point of useless astrals is to generate star points and reduce the price of better astrals. The actual gold worth of yellow and red astrals is incredible, and if you removed misfortunes and greens, to even astrals out with other stat changing parts of the game, every click could cost 50k gold or so.

Peoples does have different computers, different browsers etc. which also does effect the astral capturing, which also means you simply are killing the joy of playing the game.
                          How? Astrals are generated by coincidence - random numbers in a computer possibly genereted on some sort of a time seed. The speed of your internet and the power of your computer should have no effect on astral generation. It might have an effect on your gold gain, but that's another story entirely.

WHY YOU SIMPLY CAN'T LET PLAYERS HAVE THE YELLOW ASTRALS??
                          It is one of the things that is meant to be achieved through gameplay. From my experience (from what I've seen on other players and myself), if you can level all of your astrals to yellow lvl 5 (that is, if your astrals have XP that is the equivalent of lvl 5 yellow astrals), you probably already have all yellow astrals. While hunting don't be annoyed if you can't get yellow astrals instantly. The point is to get them slowly and over time, so your strength increases accordingly. People on low levels who have yellows either invested star points to buy them or were a bit luckier than their peers. This is the thing with luck - you can't freeze a situation in time and say: this one is luckier than that one. If I get 1 yellow after 1000 rolls and you get yours after 1001 and another after 1002, but we only rolled 1000 for now, I turn out to be luckier, when in fact, it is you who will be luckier. I actually wanted to say a lot more on this subject, but nobody would read it then.

As it stands (since I have been keeping track to prove that R2 is full of ****) I get about 90/100 white, 8/100 green and 2/100 blue (that's just the average)
                          If this is really true, then you were abnormally unlucky. Actually, unlucky to the point where I can't believe it. During the past few weeks I've spent a lot of gold on astrals and I've had cases like these - low gains on 100 astrals. But if you say that that's your average, it's either an extraordinary system bug or you didn't count right. R2 cheating on astrals simply doesn't make any sense - they do not profit from this in any way.

To conclude:
                          I do not want to insult anyone. I know that getting misfortunes can be frustrating, and it might seem like you're getting more of them than you actually are. People mostly come here to complain, and while complaining, they will boost their figures significantly. This happens and I understand it. I have yet to find some strong statistical evidence that these misfortunes are happening. But not on 10, 100 or 1000 astrals - that's simply not a big enough sample to see the pattern.
                          WickedSilk,
                          this post was made for getting some answers from the developers not hearing your experiances or opinions about...

1) My Opinion: Peoples does have different computers, different browsers etc. which also does effect the astral capturing, which also means you simply are killing the joy of playing the game.

Your answer: How? Astrals are generated by coincidence - random numbers in a computer possibly genereted on some sort of a time seed. The speed of your internet and the power of your computer should have no effect on astral generation. It might have an effect on your gold gain, but that's another story entirely.

My reply to you: Your explanation tells that you know absolutely nothing about programming, computers, browsers, internet connection etc. Let me first tell you this: FLASH is the biggest trash which has so far been discovered and anything made by flash has never worked as the developers thinks or tells, because flash kills the speed of the CPU, RAM, GPU etc. and this has got lot to do with astral capturing as well!. All the lag in the game is just because of FLASH.

NOW,
                          IMO, your complete text is just **** and you really shouldn't post such here because peoples really does have problems with astrals. If you have captured one or two yellow astrals, that makes you lucky and most peopels are not as lucky as you are.
                          LET THE DEVELOPERS ANSWER THE QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE GAME!

IF THERE WERE NO MISFORTUNE ASTRALS,
                          we can sell the green astrals and try again and again until we get something better which also means we wouldn't lose much cash after all which also means it would be possible for everyone to catch the yellow astrals. which also means, lucky ones like you will not be able to beat the ones who has no luck.

Comment

And WickedSilk, just to let you know, I write my results on a notepad, click by click to prove to myself that R2 is full of **** (which I've been doing a pretty good job lately). Why would they lie you ask? Well, maybe they can answer why they lie when you go to the blacksmith to enchant an item and it says 100% success yet you can fail (5 times in a row is my record) since you know, 100% success mean you cannot fail, correct? Or why they lie when they say you get great bonuses for being a VIP, but the bonuses you have to pay for separately. Or why they lie when they say you can win good items from the VIP wheel, yet it does nothing but give you the worst and most useless garbage possible.
                            WickedSilk seems to be one of the fews who has answer for everything with out having any knowledge.

Comment

WickedSilk is correct.
                              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                                WickedSilk is correct.
                                CORRECT ABOUT WHAT??

WickedSilk is telling his opinion which is nothing more than **** and you are saying his correct!
                                I know for the fact that: lagging has got lot to do with astral capturing and the only reason for lag is that piece of ****** FLASH.
                                Here is how: clicks on astrals brings the misfortune astral when the system can't act at the same time as you click the button because of the lag.

I was playing in 5 servers and I already quit in 2 of them and I will tell you the reason also: LAG which became worse after merging servers.
                                The "Misfortune" **** has also appeared after the update because we used to have much less misfortune astrals before which allows me to say: You are killing the game!

in these 5 servers: I have managed to get yellow astrals only in the first one which was before the update and in the newest servers where I play,
                                no chance of getting yellow astrals at all because all i get is misfortune like: 10 clicks brings 6-9 misfortune astrals. Blue astrals are very rear and yes, I have managed to get few purples after spending around probably 6million cash.

Like I have mentioned,
                                everyone is not as lucky as WickedSlick which we do not actually know if he is really telling the truth.
                                I am in a guild with 140 peoples and nobody seems to be happy with astrals and nobody seems to be as lucky as "WickedSlick" either.
                                WickedSlick probably has one of the speed giant computers which never laggs and probably some special version of flash and a special browser too.

If you answer something, please explain!

Thanks!
                                Last edited by GyroGearLoose; 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X