Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral Capturing

85% misfortunes. wow!!! why oh why???

Is that a guess or have you some figures to back that up?

Personally I have spent around 100mil gold on astrals, trying to keep tabs on what sort of returns I have been getting.

What I have found is that I have to spend around 1mil gold to gain 2000exp for an astral.
    Which in my opinion is a lot lower than what I used to gain before the patch, however I have no information for astral capturing before the patch.
    I do however believe that the rates have indeed changed since the patch. I am not talking about types of astral and colors gained, but how much gold it costs in comparison to exp gained.

Mod's and R2 staff has stated that the rates have not been changed, but my experience and that of others seems to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Lucky you... I've spent 11m on astrals in the last week and all I get are white and green. I've gotten 1 gold astral, and it was nothing useful for me. As it stands (since I have been keeping track to prove that R2 is full of ****) I get about 90/100 white, 8/100 green and 2/100 blue (that's just the average) So R2, I would like to thank you for the misleading information you have in a majority of your helps (Don't even get me started on the VIP Wheel and how it is designed to give you the absolute worst items you can get)

Comment

Yes the % of misfortunes has increased, but 85% is a bit high of a guess. So while the number of blue/pink/orange seems to have remained the same, the ratio of green to misfortunes has changed. This means if you're one of those people that only keeps blue and above you're getting less gold back for the green/misfortunes you sell. Which does result in more gold used for the same amount of experience gain since the patch went out.

Comment

Make sure you manually capture astrals. That said, I've noticed the quality of astrals taking a hit as well.

Comment

that was just a guess lolz. ahm. perhaps 75% is a good estimate hehe

Comment

The quality of astrals you get per a certain amount of gold has definately decreased after 1.5.

I spent over 45m gold and got 1 orange lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Englebert View Post
                85% misfortunes. wow!!! why oh why???
                the % is just feeling i imagine but yes there is a decline since 1.5 - a hidden update which was not announced, but actually we have no choice but to "eat it" so i try not to stress about it and instead i focus on getting the guild skills up rather than astrals

as for "why oh why" - simple - astrals are a tool which the game has to absorb large amounts of gold and the only way to quickly get more gold is with cash which is very much appreciated

by the way if you do the 100 astral per day quest and not super lazy you can pretty accurately determine the drop rates - i am too lazy to do it myself, but if you happen to do it let me know i would be happy to publish it on my blog

best of luck
                and most importantly don't stress --> bad for health

Comment

Originally posted by LAVASH View Post
                  by the way if you do the 100 astral per day quest)
                  It's limited to this week only.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

So now six days after my last post, as it stands I've been sinking close to 1m gold per day into astrals and I cannot even get off of the Magus Star. All I get are white astrals now. The two gold ones I have are bought from the astral shop. Thank you R2 for hiring a bunch of brain dead morons for coders.

P.S. You should hire french fries, you would get better results.

Comment

85%..nice!...
                      i got 90-95% lol.. 500k from world boss. i spent yesterday and i get 4 BLUE, few greens and lots of misfortune.. lol..
                      Nothing is true,
                      Everything is permitted.

-Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Comment

I have been playing this game for a while and I was pretty happy with it until the last update which has changed the astral system.
                        Please do forgive me for the language I may use here

I am wondering....
                        what is the reason of giving us all that "MISFORTUNE" astrals ******?

IMO,
                        you are doing nothing but simply killing the game, luck is something which some peoples has and some doesn't.
                        Please notice also the following;
                        Peoples does have different computers, different browsers etc. which also does effect the astral capturing, which also means you simply are killing the joy of playing the game.
                        I know for the fact,
                        some peoples does use 10-15mil and gets nothing while some peoples at level 30-40 got all the yellow astrals

What I am interested to know is;
                        WHAT IS THE REASON OF GIVING US MISFORTUNE ASTRALS??
                        I make 10 clicks and get 6-9 misfortune astrals most of the time which is absolutely unfair in my opinion.
                        If you want us to play, be active and also pay some cash to you developers, you really should take this "Misfortune" astral **** away!

Also,
                        WHY YOU SIMPLY CAN'T LET PLAYERS HAVE THE YELLOW ASTRALS??
                        are you going to lose the bussiness? or are there any reasons we should know about?
                        Game system is pretty equal for everyone and the yellow astrals could also be captured easyly by everyone.
                        Making harder to capture the astrals is not making the game any better is is simply killing it.

thanks.
                        Last edited by GyroGearLoose; 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: wasn't completed.

Comment

My experience is as follows:

Astral hunting always provides me with mixed results. Sometimes I use millions and get just a bit, sometimes I use a few hundred thousand and get a yellow astral. The new capture and sell system might have a psychological effect on how many misfortunes people think they get (in comparison to the time before the patch). So, let me put this into statistics (not overly precise, but this is what I have):

1. The worst luck I had (a few times) was 2 nonmisfortunes on the whole screen.
                          2. The closest two yellow astrals I got were less than 5 clicks away from each other.
                          3. I get 1 yellow astral (random) for approximately 2.5M gold used. I have 5/5 yellows at 15k astral points (plus some in reserve). I bought just one of those with Star Points.
                          4. From my experience, the average astral gains, approximated, are: Misfortunes 45%, Greens 40%, Blues 13%, Purples 1.95%, Yellows less than 0.05% (1 in 2000) (Reds = got 2 total).

Important: All the statistics people have posted are worthless if the person reading doesn't know how the astrals were caught. For example, I sell greens and buy only energines. Selling more astrals increases your chance of getting a yellow (as you'll have more cash to roll with). I would definitely recommend THIS post if you're interested in actual numbers on this. It might also clarify a lot of problems from this thread. It is pre-patch and possibly not accurate anymore (even though I don't see any reason why R2 staff would lie about this). However, since the patch I have noticed a slight increase in misfortunes, but as I said, I think it's just psychological (as now I can sell faster).

UPDATE:
                          WHAT IS THE REASON OF GIVING US MISFORTUNE ASTRALS??
                          If there were no misfortune astrals, people would complain about greens. I sell greens and, while they are better than misfortunes, they are still useless. The point of useless astrals is to generate star points and reduce the price of better astrals. The actual gold worth of yellow and red astrals is incredible, and if you removed misfortunes and greens, to even astrals out with other stat changing parts of the game, every click could cost 50k gold or so.

Peoples does have different computers, different browsers etc. which also does effect the astral capturing, which also means you simply are killing the joy of playing the game.
                          How? Astrals are generated by coincidence - random numbers in a computer possibly genereted on some sort of a time seed. The speed of your internet and the power of your computer should have no effect on astral generation. It might have an effect on your gold gain, but that's another story entirely.

WHY YOU SIMPLY CAN'T LET PLAYERS HAVE THE YELLOW ASTRALS??
                          It is one of the things that is meant to be achieved through gameplay. From my experience (from what I've seen on other players and myself), if you can level all of your astrals to yellow lvl 5 (that is, if your astrals have XP that is the equivalent of lvl 5 yellow astrals), you probably already have all yellow astrals. While hunting don't be annoyed if you can't get yellow astrals instantly. The point is to get them slowly and over time, so your strength increases accordingly. People on low levels who have yellows either invested star points to buy them or were a bit luckier than their peers. This is the thing with luck - you can't freeze a situation in time and say: this one is luckier than that one. If I get 1 yellow after 1000 rolls and you get yours after 1001 and another after 1002, but we only rolled 1000 for now, I turn out to be luckier, when in fact, it is you who will be luckier. I actually wanted to say a lot more on this subject, but nobody would read it then.

As it stands (since I have been keeping track to prove that R2 is full of ****) I get about 90/100 white, 8/100 green and 2/100 blue (that's just the average)
                          If this is really true, then you were abnormally unlucky. Actually, unlucky to the point where I can't believe it. During the past few weeks I've spent a lot of gold on astrals and I've had cases like these - low gains on 100 astrals. But if you say that that's your average, it's either an extraordinary system bug or you didn't count right. R2 cheating on astrals simply doesn't make any sense - they do not profit from this in any way.

To conclude:
                          I do not want to insult anyone. I know that getting misfortunes can be frustrating, and it might seem like you're getting more of them than you actually are. People mostly come here to complain, and while complaining, they will boost their figures significantly. This happens and I understand it. I have yet to find some strong statistical evidence that these misfortunes are happening. But not on 10, 100 or 1000 astrals - that's simply not a big enough sample to see the pattern.
                          Last edited by WickedSilk; 04-01-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: Added answers and comments to some questions and comments

Comment

And I just sunk another 2m gold into astrals and didn't get to leave the Magus Star. I got nothing but white astrals. And you clowns at R2 say everything is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by vastilos View Post
                              And I just sunk another 2m gold into astrals and didn't get to leave the Magus Star. I got nothing but white astrals. And you clowns at R2 say everything is fine.
                              You never left the first star with 2 MILLION gold spent? That's virtually impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X