Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The "improved" mystery shop and its probability of gems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "improved" mystery shop and its probability of gems

Before Patch 1.5, I could still see level 3-5 gems in the mystery shop (without resetting).

After Patch 1.5, I have visited the mystery shop 3-4 times a day and I have yet to see a single level 3-5 gems. Anyone else experiencing it or is it just me?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

I mean by NOT resetting the mystery shop, I see no gems. Not even a level 3.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Now that you mention it, I haven't either.

Comment

I theorize that you will start seeing gems (any level) only after you reset the mystery shop.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          I theorize that you will start seeing gems (any level) only after you reset the mystery shop.
          If that is the case, then that condition needs to be explicitly stated somewhere. :/

My guess is resetting substantially improves your chances to see rare items (aside from the influence of resetting to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
            If that is the case, then that condition needs to be explicitly stated somewhere. :/

My guess is resetting substantially improves your chances to see rare items (aside from the influence of resetting to begin with).
            It is not stated anywhere, but 3 weeks of checking the mystery shop (3 times a day) gives me a sample size = 3x21 = 63. Even if it is not true, but it is heavily weighted in favor of showing rare items (and even level 3 gems) when you reset.

If that is the case, then you gotta reset until you get 6995 points in order to buy the wildfire steed.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

I've picked up 3 level 7 gems from Mystery Shop since the patch. 1 did not require a refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernilla View Post
                I've picked up 3 level 7 gems from Mystery Shop since the patch. 1 did not require a refresh.
                So there's a chance. Nice!

Comment

howd u get 3 lvl 7 gems in mystery shop in a month?

Comment

Screenshot of your 3 gems?
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

I can vouch. He reset like mad... the shop is still smoking from his use of the button.

Comment

Oh, so "1" did not require a refresh. Well, I guess it's possible but with probability that is asymptotically zero.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                          Screenshot of your 3 gems?
                          KE (or just about anyone on Kong S-1) can vouch. I've 7 Level 7 gems, 3 were synthesized and 4 of which were acquired from the Mystery Shop.

Comment

KE (or just about anyone on Kong S-1) can vouch. I've 7 Level 7 gems, 3 were synthesized and 4 of which were acquired from the Mystery Shop.
                            so on my server, ever since after patch, theres only one single guy who got a Lv 7 gem from the mys shop through reset , and there's ALOT of cashers here who does alot of reset (especially during miraculous shard event). also, the server just merged too so theres alot of players.

All that yielded only one lv 7 gem. and pernilla u are telling me u alone, got 4 lv 7 gems without even reseting. you really can't blame me for not believing you.

Comment

No, he actually said "1" of them did not require a reset.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X