Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Rejoining Same Guild Delay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejoining Same Guild Delay

While changing guilds is a good thing, some players are taking advantage of the lack of cooldown time if you were kicked. They will leave their guild to help a guild of their choice in GB, then switch right back afterward. My suggestion to avoid this sort of guild hopping is this: after someone leaves a guild and joins another guild, they have a week's cooldown before they could rejoin their original guild.

So for example: LunaLove is in Hoggyguild, but then is kicked. She can...
    a) rejoin Hoggyguild for no penalty (preventing accidental kick problems)
    b) join another guild and stay there (no cooldown)
    c) join several other guilds in succession, but without repeating any (no cooldown)
    or d) join another guild, say.. .Voldieguild, then get kicked, wait a week, and rejoin Hoggyguild (week cooldown)

What do you think?
    AyaSnow

(Oh ~ by the way, when I say my suggestion, I mean the week part. Malack is the one who thought of the cooldown part ^_~)
    Last edited by AyaSnow; 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM.
    AyaSnow
    Phoenix
    Server 58

+1 to the rejoin same guild delay.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by AyaSnow View Post
      While changing guilds is a good thing, some players are taking advantage of the lack of cooldown time if you were kicked. They will leave their guild to help a guild of their choice in GB, then switch right back afterward. My suggestion to avoid this sort of guild hopping is this: after someone leaves a guild and joins another guild, they have a week's cooldown before they could rejoin their original guild.

b) join another guild and stay there (no cooldown)
      c) join several other guilds in succession, but without repeating any (no cooldown)
      or d) join another guild, say.. .Voldieguild, then get kicked, wait a week, and rejoin Hoggyguild (week cooldown)

What do you think?
      AyaSnow
      I agree. A solution would be to be "locked in" to running guild battle with 1 guild each week. If you start Monday's Guild Battle in Guild X, you can only join GB with Guild X for the rest of the week. You can join another guild, Guild Y, if you want, but until next Monday, you can only participate in Guild Battle with Guild X.

Comment

make it a month at least but yes badly needed., the problem is they can rejoin their favorite guild anytime they want. make it hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Margol View Post
          make it a month at least but yes badly needed., the problem is they can rejoin their favorite guild anytime they want. make it hurt.
          I agree completely, guild hopping should be discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonushand View Post
            I agree. A solution would be to be "locked in" to running guild battle with 1 guild each week. If you start Monday's Guild Battle in Guild X, you can only join GB with Guild X for the rest of the week. You can join another guild, Guild Y, if you want, but until next Monday, you can only participate in Guild Battle with Guild X.
            I agree with that.Right now there are many players in diferent servers jumping beetween guilds just to guarantee they favourite guilds reach the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonushand View Post
              I agree atleast the player must be 1 week with same guild for Guild Battle
              MissN
              s61- Fowlsfield
              knight

Comment

I don't see it as a problem the way it is. You don't like it, don't let them in your guild. The g.m. can decide to make each person wait a week before allowing them in guild battle. This can all be handled internally. No changes needed here so in my opinion the change is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by R26629463 View Post
                  I don't see it as a problem the way it is. You don't like it, don't let them in your guild. The g.m. can decide to make each person wait a week before allowing them in guild battle. This can all be handled internally. No changes needed here so in my opinion the change is moot.
                  Moot?

Allegedly the original purpose of removing the cooldown penalty was to promote some sort of "kindness" as the recipient of said kick had no real defense against it. The problem with that is that once players figured out that this existed, the repetitive "endaround" was on: Kicking members to knowingly get around the cooldown timer (and the "Covenant Emancipation" shop item) has already been deemed an exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by R26629463 View Post
                    This isn't a suggestion based on "oh, I don't like that this person left us and then came back." ^_^ As a guild leader, obviously I would be able to prevent that. The problem comes when players rotate through guilds to help win guild battles. If I have to face LunaLove on Monday in Hoggyguild, I certainly don't want to be facing her again on Wednesday in Voldieguild, and then again on Friday in MuggleGuild. (Well, not if she's super strong. If she's a 10k BR player, then I'd be happy to XD)
                    AyaSnow
                    Phoenix
                    Server 58

Comment

Somehow I get a distinct feeling someone is a Harry Potter fan... Not sure why, I can't put my finger on it... ^_^ \o/

I like the idea. Guild hopping should somehow be discouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by AyaSnow View Post
                        If this happens they should reinstate any lost contribution too. Making accidental kicks indeed nothing to worry about.
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Yeah, that would be good too. My alt got accidentally kicked the other day and I was like =____= about the contribution...

And oh! How ever did you guess? XD (Well, I wanted to make it super clear I wasn't using any actual players or guilds as my example.)
                          AyaSnow
                          Phoenix
                          Server 58

Comment

as a point to bring to attention.. IF you are a member of hoggy...then you leave go to another guild then the week cooldown for youto rejoin hoggy is in affect.....simply i would avert this by leaving now my new guild going to a 3rd party guild now making me not able to rejin my 2nd guild and being able to go back to my first guild.... but then if you say well then you just cant go back to either for a week now your just exending the 24 hour to a week? or is this just my assestmet of this?

Comment

I'm saying that even if a guild kicks you, if you join another guild, you can't rejoin that original guild. If you joined guild B, then left and went to C, you would have to wait a week before you could go back to A OR B.
                              AyaSnow
                              Phoenix
                              Server 58

Comment

Working...
                              X