Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

PVP v PVE sets or a mix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVP v PVE sets or a mix

I am wondering is it worth having 2 of each set item while collecting the other 2 parts of the pve set or is it better to use 4 items of the pvp set until the pve set is completed. I should be able to make 2 parts of the pve set and make them legendary in the next 3 weeks or so max. (this is level 60 sets I am talking about here) Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I prefer to have all 4 of the PVE set to be used, even if they are non-legendary.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

What you want is either the rage gain from PVE set (4 parts) or ignore+rage start from PVP set (3-4 parts) mixing them makes you lose that.
      even if you're grinding, mixing the parts makes you lose the PVP sets rage gain, ignore isn't really making any diffrence in PVE but you'll still lose the rage start, so I personally wouldn't do it
      S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
      Mage: Existence (G.M)
      BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

ok then I'll keep grinding for those crystaloids, thats the hardest part it seems.

Comment

Yeah, basically the full set bonus trumps any minor benefit you might get from mixing and matching for other stats. So it's all or nothing.

Comment

i'd rather advice rings and trinkets legendary with pvp set, or full PVE set. If you chop the sets apart you will lose a bit of damage power in duels

Comment

If you are going to have them, have all 4 of them... PvP set if not complete is pretty useless imo coz its wonderful defense ignore is not there... same goes with PvE.. its wonderful rage gain wont be there if you dont have all 4 of them

Comment

Personally I have swapped out the PvP crossbow for the PvE one.

With 3 PvP items you still get the +30 rage to start, but lose the ignore 2000 pdef boost. However I find that the extra Patk I can gain from the PvE bow outweighs the loss.

Just a personal preference though.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post

With 3 PvP items you still get the +30 rage to start, but lose the ignore 2000 pdef boost. However I find that the extra Patk I can gain from the PvE bow outweighs the loss.

This.

In addition, it helps on the WB.

Comment

@Billy & knowing eyes. For pve it might be worth switching the pvp bow for pve... but in pvp no.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                      @Billy & knowing eyes. For pve it might be worth switching the pvp bow for pve... but in pvp no.
                      I meant legend; my bad.

Comment

I am a big fan of the halfsies set for archers if you have the legend weapon. I used 2'n'2 even in PVP situations and it served me well. I'd switch to 3/1 for rage during WB time.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post

Extra PATK that you gain from the PvE bow does not outweigh the 2000 def ignore in PvP though... it can only outweigh that if there is 2k extra PATK to be had from the bow alone. However it does boost up damage in PvE so its a good technique for dungeons and WB

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                            Definitely Agree on this one

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                              I meant legend; my bad.
                              Again.. even legend is worth switching only if that bow alone gives extra 2000 PATK and i think level 60 legend actually gives 800 more PATK than level 55 PvP(take 1k if you are slotting PATK gems).. so again in terms of damage dealt just having the leg bow alone is not worth it and wont do as much damage as having the full PvP set with def ignore...

Comment

Working...
                              X