Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supermogey
    replied
    im not built wrong, im using patk, mdef and hp gems, im using pdef patk mdef block and another astral i cant remember.
    My gear has mostly lvl 10 stats on it, its all refined as high as it can go and im using lvl 6 guild skills.
    I rarely block in an arena match, maybe once every few battles, occasionally i might get it twice in a battle but very rarely.
    Archers crit me all the time, even the ones in my guild, so no its not guild skills either.
    You are obviously facing off against heavy cash shop users because in a fair fight, knights dont stand a chance.
    The other big issue in pvp is that obviously archers make more from world boss, as do mages for that matter, so they mostly always have higher leveled units and since a knight can only attack the front line, unless, the back line has less health or they use there 30 second cool down that costs half there max rage they cant do any damage to the player, so by the time the knight has worked his way through the knight units high pdef and health, the knight is already half dead.
    Also to say im built wrong, yet im always in top 20 at minimum in the arena, is a bit of a stretch. im built right, they are built right, but yet there is a decernable difference.
    And you obviously didnt pay attention to alot of what i wrote before.... I said the archers where obviously exagerating about the 99%.... the point they were making was that they crit more often than not, and they do it against well geared players.

But thus far, this is a quite a one sided debate as the only people to say anything are archers trying to defend their 'perks'.

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by supermogey View Post
    i already expected this response - but I had some hope that people would not make assumptions that I came here without doing the necessary research... but obviously people are still way too quick to jump the gun when defending their classes 'perks'.
    I havnt just got annoyed at this and decided to try get my character buffed, this is something ive noticed for quite some time and thought since i was on the forums, id finally say something about it.
    Now, as for 'ask archers'? I have done, my guild had 2 of the top archers on my server in it and they were the ones who used the exact line "i used to crit 99% of the time, now i dont' whenever the problem first occured, but now that seems to be fixed they still say they crit 99% of the time. Now 99% is obviously an over exageration on their part, but at the same time, the over exageration is used as a method to put their point across that they crit more often than they dont and I know from personal experience of being on the recieving end that archers crit way too often even during pvp. An archer, geared to the same standard as me can rip through my shield with one crit (well 2 crits if you count that double skill as 2) now if you think about the fact that my shield holds out for 20% of my hp + a bonus 800, that means an archer gear as well as a knight can essentially kill a knight in a couple of hits. From a balancing point of view, this should never happen, especially when geared to the same standard.
    Also as i stated before, i said there were many strong knights, BUT a knight has to put way more money into the game to keep up with the other classes.
    So dont take me for another "he so op whiner".
    I would love to see those archers who crit 99% of the time in PvP or even PvE. An archer will crit 100% of the time on Multi Shot as that skill is a guaranteed crit, so even with 0 crit stat, every time they fired MS it would crit.
    I am yet to see an Archer that crits 100% of the time on every hit of Lunatic which is the main AOE of an archer. So I suggest your archer friends are giving you inaccurate info.

I don't know what level you knight is, but if your below 55 then you are going to be at a disadvantage. Once you hit 55-65 then you will start to close the gap rather quickly, then by Lv70 you should be laughing while killing archers that are comparable to you.

As to jumping to conclusion, I am far from doing that. I have played the game and found knights easy to beat at lower levels. But now at Lv70, Archers are beaten easily by knights.

Leave a comment:

• Superiorman
    replied
    I personally think your top 2 archer were being a bit too loose with there words. As you have to take different factors into account. Low level knights and mages usuallly do not have the crit chance reducation astral on which is why we crit'd so much initially. Also Knights built well are a pain in the backside, as they can block and regain hp, also hit you while your hitting them through there spikes move, and on top of that stop an archer using his one useful tool, CRIT!

Now for you to say either of those two need to be buffed your crazy, if anything archers need more attack focused buffs, as at present, we have the highest rage consumption, the least direct % from each attack, and have to contend with people with a crit stopper, that is SOLELY built to REDUCE our ONLY good attribute.

PS, if an archer is ripping through your shield in two hits your built wrong! you need higher hp for a shield to be effective, couple that with higher pdef than us and similar attack its mental to think you need a buff. Your block is sufficient as it will stop us criting and give you hp at the same time, when its works.

Just my 50 cents on this matter. The money factor isnt true as knights have similar items (we get slight more mdef than you but you get tons more pdef than us) to us but BECAUSE OF YOUR BUFFS you gain an addition 1k-2k more pdef than us. theres no way knights should get more advantages...

Our talents doesnt increase our attack, we get a stupid 5% defence talent, why do i want more defence I was born to attack lol

Leave a comment:

• supermogey
    replied
    i already expected this response - but I had some hope that people would not make assumptions that I came here without doing the necessary research... but obviously people are still way too quick to jump the gun when defending their classes 'perks'.
    I havnt just got annoyed at this and decided to try get my character buffed, this is something ive noticed for quite some time and thought since i was on the forums, id finally say something about it.
    Now, as for 'ask archers'? I have done, my guild had 2 of the top archers on my server in it and they were the ones who used the exact line "i used to crit 99% of the time, now i dont' whenever the problem first occured, but now that seems to be fixed they still say they crit 99% of the time. Now 99% is obviously an over exageration on their part, but at the same time, the over exageration is used as a method to put their point across that they crit more often than they dont and I know from personal experience of being on the recieving end that archers crit way too often even during pvp. An archer, geared to the same standard as me can rip through my shield with one crit (well 2 crits if you count that double skill as 2) now if you think about the fact that my shield holds out for 20% of my hp + a bonus 800, that means an archer gear as well as a knight can essentially kill a knight in a couple of hits. From a balancing point of view, this should never happen, especially when geared to the same standard.
    Also as i stated before, i said there were many strong knights, BUT a knight has to put way more money into the game to keep up with the other classes.
    So dont take me for another "he so op whiner".

Leave a comment:

• JeffAdams
    replied
    I would suggest you ask archers about there crit rate before you say it needs to be reduced. In WB the crit rate has gone up for everyone. I understand that some people may have to redo their toon to take advantage of that and it helps archers more than anyone, but the crit rate for archers has dropped since the last patch in everything other than WB. I dont know about the knights block rate but saying archers crit 99% of the time is a very inacurate comment

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    All I will say is:-

Knights already wipe the floor with archers, or should if built correctly anyway. Obviously not all archers, but one's that are around the same build stage.

As for the crit being 99% of the time I think you have gotten mixed up. Archers will never crit 99% of the time in PvP, maybe in WB it will seem high (but not 99%), but not in PvP.
    Last edited by Billy_McF; 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X