No announcement yet.

Open Discussion of Crit mages?? 50+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crit is better than will destroyer, so long as you have enough critical. Anything under 3000 and you're below around 30% crit rate.

Comment

I must be amazingly lucky because my crit is under 2k and I tear em up in bg, pvp,arena, and solo. I am working on my guild skills for defense and gems maxing out.. all in all, I am happy being a "crit" mage, though I am not the biggest fish in the pond, I tend to win more than I lose.

Comment

You say you are happy as a crit mage with only 1700 crit. I can tell you why. I am 100% you have not tried a will destroyer of lvl 5 or above yet. Do that and then let me know if you still think 1700 crit is good enough. You will be able to defeat much more people if you change.
        It is a fact. Like a previous guy said 2 posts ago..crit is better then will destroyer, if you have enough crit. Enough crit means 3000+
        ( not talking about WB, at WB crit rules)

Comment

I had close to 4k crit on mage but still think my lvl8 wd is better so I changed back to wd. maybe 5-6k crit would be enough but.. it is a huge sacrifice in def/hp.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownQ View Post
            You say you are happy as a crit mage with only 1700 crit. I can tell you why. I am 100% you have not tried a will destroyer of lvl 5 or above yet. Do that and then let me know if you still think 1700 crit is good enough. You will be able to defeat much more people if you change.
            It is a fact. Like a previous guy said 2 posts ago..crit is better then will destroyer, if you have enough crit. Enough crit means 3000+
            ( not talking about WB, at WB crit rules)
            I have WD and find I am very successful playing crit. I am focusing on replacing the def with higher gems atm, and guild skills. Say waht you want, but i am one of the top mages on my server and it's fun.

Comment

Any 70+ mages here? Cant choose astral for 7th slot =( Think about ruthlessness, hp and block/

Comment

Not 70+ but I would think HP or Block would be the best choice. Ruthlessness is too unstable. Sure, could increase damage but will also reduce it.

Comment

so is it true that heals cannot crit anymore? heals were the main reason i wanted to change to crit because WD does not affect them.

Comment

I had a crit mage and got owned constantly, but made good gold/daru at wb, but I got sick of it. I would say at least 3k crit is needed. If I had the time and patience, I would save crit stuff and use it for wb only. I just got tired of switching things constantly, so I went back to will destroyer. I made about 1/3 more at wb.

p.s. Deflection is nice when it goes off, really ticks off archers who hit you with a delphic and die
                    right now I have added a hp astral though, trying to make up enough hp for those crazy 1000000000k hp knights
                    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I tried out critmage few weeks back. Really enjoyed playing it and results at wb was amazing. GA was pretty damn stomping but i had to go in the back cuz of my hp. I used to be our team's tank
                      Used this build for 3 weeks and then went back to known grounds (meaning will destr.) which i don't like as much as crit, but overal offers better results.
                      I found an old screenshot i'm willing to share. 3,5k crit is not enough. For the crit mage to be really effective i recommend at least 5k crit. But 8k crit would be much better

Click image for larger version

Name:	redoncrit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1666522
                      ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
                      Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
                      My pathetic youtube channel
                      -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

i use crit just only for wb
                        S28 Heroic Stadium
                        Mage
                        IGN - Osh4n
                        Guild - eXtream

:);):D:cool:

Comment

crit for a mage is **** i fought euphoric today he has 4k crit and 75k br i have 64k br i won in bg no dryads i wasnt even potted this is with him doing a 19k thunderer to me also i tried crit myself had about 3500 crit swapped lvl 8 will detroyer to snipers endge had a lvl 7 determanation and i kept getting my a ss kicked from ppl i normally whoop so until a mage can get crazy crit like 7 or 8k maybe even 10k like in the chinese version i would stick with will destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                            so is it true that heals cannot crit anymore? heals were the main reason i wanted to change to crit because WD does not affect them.
                            Hate to say it, but it seems we cannot crit heal anymore.

Comment

Thanks for information on this. just starting to get my 60 set and was going to go critical refinements. I 'll wait on critical for a while - specialy with no critical heal. Losing a astro spot for a heal bonus would be worth it, since will destroyer dont effect heals, but since they underhandly nerfed it with out telling us - not now.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                                Crit mages are glass cannon; they sacrifice defense/HP in order to achieve a high crit.
                                This means they either kill off the enemy real fast or they get pulverized. They are the best in situation where they are supported by another healing mage.

I will likely not build a crit mage.
                                In this post made 2 weeks ago, I hinted that crit mages will not work as well as non-crit.
                                I stand corrected.
                                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                                X