Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Discussion of Crit mages?? 50+

Okay so i just recently Started using an orange enhanced determination

I have a few questions, 1 what is a good crit to have for most of the time crits?

2nd id like to kno if maybe switching some Mdef gems or possibly hp gems for crit gems

My Idea is that since Mages uses alot of multi attacks maybe a full crit mage may not make out bad

of course my main astrals are pdef/mdef/hp/matk/crit Now if maybe i did some Gem reordering would it be effecient to try and build on a crit mage?

Seeing as Damnation does lots of dmg outright i figure if i can get gre crit then

Crit on Damnation/firestorm/meteoric strike seems to me would be very awesome any thoughts and all thoughts on a crit mage build?

Archers have 2k plus crit and don't crit regularly. So in truth its pointless, in my opinion but there are knights that swear by crit on there builds.
    SUPERIORMAN
    SERVER 82
    GUILD LEGAL-RO
    VIP LVL 8 - CHECK
    WINGS - CHECK
    RHINO - CHECK
    LOVE WARTUNE... AHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

Comment

see ive just noticed that with my Crit astral ive been able to do about if say regular Dmg is 2k then im pumping out 5-6k in crit and if a Firestrom/meteoric crit i have 2 times the chance of a crit + if damnation crits thats insane alone But I have 500 crit alone without any crit gems and maybe if i was to icrease crit by 100% making it around 1k crit at lvl 50 I remind you then I feel i May be able to boost character output of crit more often and with double skills possibly may end up crittingalot of the time?

Id like as much fedback on this topic as posble wit numbers/%/any type of info knowledge uhave on crit subject

Comment

3300 crit here myself. I'd say ratio is 1% per 100 critical.

I think somewhere in the recent maintenances they're removed crit heals, so that's no longer a plus. I haven't done a crit heal in a long, long time now.

I love doing crits, they pay off when they land.
        I sacrificed mdef gems for critical. Using full legend set with crit refined onto them.

I think over time, the extra damage boost from criticals pays off for the non crits. ^^ But I wouldn't recommend it for anything less than 3000 critical.

Comment

so eve at maybe 2500 wouldnt be bad but the gems to get a 2500 Crit would be considerably high set of gems correct?

Comment

Depends, if you refine your gear, and use lv 4+ Gems, should be easy to obtain, and of course level up Snipers astral.

Comment

Right good call but at lvl 50 i have my enhanced Determination and my hp/pdf/mdef/matk so a sniper may not be much of an optin untill lvl 60+ unless switched out hp astral or mybe mef but ill already be swapping ou Mdef gems so kinda need the Mdef astral

Comment

Crit mages are glass cannon; they sacrifice defense/HP in order to achieve a high crit.
                This means they either kill off the enemy real fast or they get pulverized. They are the best in situation where they are supported by another healing mage.

I will likely not build a crit mage.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

I suggest to make for the moment crit mage just for wb and after 60+ when you have extra slot for gems to make crit mage full with only 1800 crit on me i can kill anything on my level

Comment

I am lvl 58 mage and my crit is 1564. I have lvl 4 crit gems in all my gear, and leveling up def gems to 5 to help out with the 1000 def I lost. Also maxing guild skills defense. I crit an amazing amount of time now, I'd guess it's well over 80%. I have refined my gear to get crit as high as possible, and my goal is 2k plus. My arena wins are usually 25plus but I go with two strong knights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1666230

Comment

Okay im going to layout my Plan and Set up hopefully you guys Think this will Work.

AT LEVEL 50

Astrals

M-atk/P-def/Snipers edge/Enhanced determination/M-Def

Talent Focus - Survivor + Misfortune + (Of Course) Holy Seal

Wep-M-atk,M-def,Crit,P-Def
                      Neck-M-atk,P-def,Hp,Crit
                      Arm-M-atk,P-def,Hp,Crit
                      Helm-M-atk,Pdef,Crit,Hp
                      ring-M-atk,Pdef,Hp,Crit
                      ring-M-atk,Pdef,Hp,Crit
                      jewelry-M-atk,Pdef,Hp,Mdef
                      Jewelry-Matk-Pdef-Mdef-hp

My skill set up is
                      Restoratin Maxed, Damnation Maxed, Firestorm Maxed, Thunder Maxed, Suntoria 2/3 (thinking of switching this out for 1 delphoric frenzy so i can get 1 Thunderer and as i lvl up get it maxed before i hit lvl 60)

Now of course i have lots of mounts as is so that helps make up for stuff but at lvl 50
                      My
                      M-atk = 8700
                      Mdef = 7k
                      Crit with still neededing to lvl up sniper edge
                      hp= 24k
                      p-Def=5400

I wll b going for lvl 50 legendary set before i move onto 60+ to Furhter gameplay time.
                      so in doing this I also plan to get my Talent Tree much higher by burning exp on Talents Focusing on Survivor+Misfortune

So i feel if I continue with tis Setup itwill becm very powerful any thoughts of Feedback for ths setup?

Comment

Here is from a guy that actualy tried crit mage.
                        i had snipers edge 6 determination 6, and about 2200 total with gears. It is not worth it. You do not crit often enough and when you do in pvp the damage is not high enough.
                        The only fun part is that i got about 20-25% more gold from WB. But i sucked in solo pvp or arena pvp and even in pve against high lvl monsters.
                        Crit is not a viable choice unless you can get a yelow medalion that gives you +crit... so until you reach that lvl of honor trust me...do not go crit go will destroyer it will save you alot of time and money.
                        I am still trying to get rid of my critical now from the enchants..wasted 600 refinements could not even get 1 item with out crit...but oh well i tried it..but maybe you can learn from my experience and don't.

Comment

I like yor advice and i Def think i will keep my Crit gems for World boss But i do not think I will attempt to go Crit style untill 60+

Comment

Originally posted by Kolinko View Post
                            I like yor advice and i Def think i will keep my Crit gems for World boss But i do not think I will attempt to go Crit style untill 60+
                            Check my previous thread, i'm 67 atm

Comment

Originally posted by CrownQ View Post
                              Here is from a guy that actualy tried crit mage.
                              i had snipers edge 6 determination 6, and about 2200 total with gears. It is not worth it. You do not crit often enough and when you do in pvp the damage is not high enough.
                              The only fun part is that i got about 20-25% more gold from WB. But i sucked in solo pvp or arena pvp and even in pve against high lvl monsters.
                              Crit is not a viable choice unless you can get a yelow medalion that gives you +crit... so until you reach that lvl of honor trust me...do not go crit go will destroyer it will save you alot of time and money.
                              I am still trying to get rid of my critical now from the enchants..wasted 600 refinements could not even get 1 item with out crit...but oh well i tried it..but maybe you can learn from my experience and don't.
                              +1, lv 59 pve set, 2k6 crit, awesome in WB but lame in pvp

Comment

Working...
                              X