Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Why is the term GM censored in-game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is the term GM censored in-game?

    It's usually not even used for what you think it is... the other day, I was talking about my guild and I wanted to shorten "Guild Master" and saw that GM was censored. Why? Is it to prevent scammers or something?

  • #2
    As far as I understand it is to stop players using the letter combo in their name.

    so you couldn't chose 'GM-Ginger' for example.

    quite why it extends to chat I'm unsure.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

    Comment


    • #3
      Remove all cencure, an born in sweden and we have law to have open and free internet me non cencure.

      Its just **** some words is cencured. Am dosent born in the China
      Character - Taggen
      Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
      Class - Archer
      Battle Rating -2.4M BR
      Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
      Highest CW ranking - 26th

      Comment


      • #4
        The word filter is absolute ****, it censors plenty of socially acceptable words that it shouldn't be censoring.
        Just remove it, sheesh we are all adults here & those of us who are kids surely already know these words anyway.

        & as dwemedia pointed out many of us come from countries where this sort of censorship is frowned & laughed upon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
          Remove all cencure, an born in sweden and we have law to have open and free internet me non cencure.

          Its just **** some words is cencured. Am dosent born in the China
          i agree with MR squizgar squigelf here xD

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dackdoid View Post
            The word filter is absolute ****, it censors plenty of socially acceptable words that it shouldn't be censoring.
            Just remove it, sheesh we are all adults here & those of us who are kids surely already know these words anyway.

            & as dwemedia pointed out many of us come from countries where this sort of censorship is frowned & laughed upon.
            It doesn't censor the whole word; it flags the letter combination/pattern. There was talk of redoing it awhile ago though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
              It's usually not even used for what you think it is... the other day, I was talking about my guild and I wanted to shorten "Guild Master" and saw that GM was censored. Why? Is it to prevent scammers or something?
              Because people touch themselves at night.

              Comment


              • #8
                why bother in this issue.....................?
                from a person who thinks simple
                try thinking it urself
                ...................................................

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                  It doesn't censor the whole word; it flags the letter combination/pattern. There was talk of redoing it awhile ago though.


                  realy........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R28981453 View Post
                    realy........
                    Yes, really.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      Yes, really.
                      Can you explain to me what the word "population" offensive letter combination/pattern is? O wait copulation? lmao shakes head.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        there is a reason for censoring... it works on the same principal as a lock only keeps a honest man out
                        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

                        R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dackdoid View Post
                          Can you explain to me what the word "population" offensive letter combination/pattern is? O wait copulation? lmao shakes head.
                          The pattern is "pula", the Romanian word for the male genitalia.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So why is "adult" censored?
                            Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i said whatever,i play this game and accept the rule,
                              -----)darky | s115(-------

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X