Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

New Building - Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Building - Bank

Have you considered adding a bank to store gold and maybe kyanite ?

You could place the following conditions

1) There is a X% deposit fee deducted from what's being deposited
    2) A base deposit minimum
    3) The total that can be held is based on level and goes up with a characters level

This would allow you to introduce two new items as well. One reduces the deposit fee by half for X days and the other removes the deposit fee for X days

Kyanite storage isn't needed though. It already stacks indefinitely and cannot be plundered.

Comment

True, Knowing, but then with such a bank, they could tweak the various combats to provide other ways to gather kynite, daru, etc.

Comment

This will take away the point of plundering. Yes most people plunder for kyanite anyway but seriously if you are scared to lose all your gold then contribute it, enchant it, astral it away. No need for a bank and people who do not take care of there gold deserve to get plundered. You shouldn't be holding that much in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
          Kyanite storage isn't needed though. It already stacks indefinitely and cannot be plundered.
          you dont lose Kynati in the plunder you lose only gold.
          Character - Taggen
          Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
          Class - Archer
          Battle Rating -2.4M BR
          Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
          Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
            you dont lose Kynati in the plunder you lose only gold.
            That's my point. Suggesting something that has nil impact or needs an auxiliary change usually kills the chances of having said change actually implemented. Oxy also nailed it - kill the chance at a goldmine plunder and the 'event' gets castrated.

Comment

I would appreciate the option of a bank of sorts. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                This will take away the point of plundering. Yes most people plunder for kyanite anyway but seriously if you are scared to lose all your gold then contribute it, enchant it, astral it away. No need for a bank and people who do not take care of there gold deserve to get plundered. You shouldn't be holding that much in the first place.
                Ok skip the Kaynite and Daru but gold is another matter.

There are people who have guild skills maxed and more than enough donated to do a weeks worth of alter wheel spins, and enchanting is only wise if you got the luck stones to do it without throwing gold out the window.
                The only time you get a good haul in a plunder is if someone is not on-line yet anyway or careless, so a bank wouldn't castrate it at all because they are not around at the time to bank it anyway or careless and didn't bank/spend in the first place when on-line.

Lots of games have raiding or plundering with a banking system and it did not castrate the event. Banking just allows you to save for something when you need it instead of being forced to use it all and then spend days grinding away to get what you need for something later.

Comment

Hiding gold from plunders? Lame...

I say instead, give a daily +interest from the bank, but All gold can be plundered from the bank.

High enough interest to make people use it would be nice too. Perhaps +2% interest for every 500k stored.
                  Remove City Protection Tokens and reduce Protection to 1 hour instead of 2 hours. Make the game more plunder friendly. Someone stores 10m gold? Great, I can go plunder him for 1m..

If someone stores enough gold, they'll get a lot back in interest, and other players will get a lot more gold from plunders.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                    Hiding gold from plunders? Lame...

I say instead, give a daily +interest from the bank, but All gold can be plundered from the bank.

High enough interest to make people use it would be nice too. Perhaps +2% interest for every 500k stored.
                    Remove City Protection Tokens and reduce Protection to 1 hour instead of 2 hours. Make the game more plunder friendly. Someone stores 10m gold? Great, I can go plunder him for 1m..

If someone stores enough gold, they'll get a lot back in interest, and other players will get a lot more gold from plunders.
                    If I bank some gold to enchant when I get enough luck stones that's not hiding but investing, as such it's no different than me spending it all so you can't get it.

But your idea is very interesting if not confusing.First you say all gold from a bank can be plundered, then you suggest getting 1m in plunder
                    from 10m stored.

Being able to plunder all the gold from a bank defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.

But a % plundered of what's banked is a nice spin on an old idea. But then a limit on how many times you can plunder the same person in a day may have to be put in place to avoid abuse.
                    While your not on-line (at work or sleeping for example) a powerful player 9 levs higher for example can not only take what your building up but a big chunk from your bank in 5 hits in a few meagre hours under your suggestion. Even with +2 % interest on every 500k banking would be to
                    prohibitive under those conditions.

And spare me the "lame" insult next time please, why people just can't express something without attitude is beyond me.
                    Last edited by Firaxis; 07-12-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

cosiderable but not worth it, since its a rpg game not rts game

Comment

-100000000000 disagree

Comment

Working...
                        X