Titles are blocking Honor Rank in Battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
    Imagine if all game stats were hidden, including BR and even level. You would have to learn what the gear looks like, and take a chance or two. It adds a layer of tactics and subtlety ... and this game can use more of those layers I think.
    Why stop there? Make gear and names hidden too since people know what the gear looks like (or clothing is covering it up regardless) and people can single each other out by their names. Make it purely random.

While I agree this game needs more layers, this actually removes layers. Instead of making a decision based on their br and honor rank, you only have br.

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
      Frankly, I am thrilled you can't play the dryad game as easily. I don't focus on 2 easy kills and beat the hell out of them for 20 minutes, and yet I have seen a couple low level schmucks atk me and win and steal 200+ honor from me. Not as easy to do now thank god. I say, grow up, fight and stop being bullies or wankers.
      Yes say that to someone like me who stopped doing BG due to me losing over 1k honor each time.

WHY because 1. Not rich. 2. No free offers in my country. 3. No wings, No lvl 6+ gems, no VIP and no cloth. 4. Rage do not STACK meaning each fight you have 0 rage and then you get what ever your gear gives meaning i can't build up rage if i lose. 5. All players i have faced are heavy spenders i can't beat.

Thats why i liked that i could see their honor lvl i don't try to steal honor i use your HONOR to get dryad to kill those heavy spenders who has less honor than me who steals my honor heavely for my kills well I did.

As a non paying player am i out of BG i stand 0 chance anymore and with this new update am i screwed even more.

Comment

nice, finally mental battles of ganker and dryader

Comment

yeah ..it`s very hard to look at the br and remember the names btw if you fight on evry br you will rememer who you want to fight or not

Comment

Originally posted by Nimras186 View Post
            Yes say that to someone like me who stopped doing BG due to me losing over 1k honor each time.

WHY because 1. Not rich. 2. No free offers in my country. 3. No wings, No lvl 6+ gems, no VIP and no cloth. 4. Rage do not STACK meaning each fight you have 0 rage and then you get what ever your gear gives meaning i can't build up rage if i lose. 5. All players i have faced are heavy spenders i can't beat.

Thats why i liked that i could see their honor lvl i don't try to steal honor i use your HONOR to get dryad to kill those heavy spenders who has less honor than me who steals my honor heavely for my kills well I did.

As a non paying player am i out of BG i stand 0 chance anymore and with this new update am i screwed even more.
            So, you are not allowed to spend a few dollars or you CHOOSE to be a free loader? As I told one guild member who wanted wings and said he could not spend money cause he was too young, "Mow a few yards, and ask you mom to get you a green dot card or one that can be used on the game." He was keen to try it, and earn his wings. I am not a massive casher, but 8 bucks a month for VIP, and a five bucks for 25 socket rods to me is a good deal for what I like to do in my free time. How many hobbies can you do for less than 20 bucks a month?

No, you are complaining because of anyone who spends money, not just the massive cashers.

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
              Imagine if all game stats were hidden, including BR and even level. You would have to learn what the gear looks like, and take a chance or two. It adds a layer of tactics and subtlety ... and this game can use more of those layers I think.
              The problem here is that most people don't show their gear, they show their clothes.

Comment

So, you are not allowed to spend a few dollars or you CHOOSE to be a free loader? As I told one guild member who wanted wings and said he could not spend money cause he was too young, "Mow a few yards, and ask you mom to get you a green dot card or one that can be used on the game." He was keen to try it, and earn his wings. I am not a massive casher, but 8 bucks a month for VIP, and a five bucks for 25 socket rods to me is a good deal for what I like to do in my free time. How many hobbies can you do for less than 20 bucks a month?

No, you are complaining because of anyone who spends money, not just the massive cashers.
                You know I really hate that **** mentality of players like you, "You don't spend money on the game so you have no right to complain about it.", Dead wrong! You see that nice Ad on top of the forums? I just made money for r2, free players are freeloaders? really? Free players populate nearly 50% of the game if not more, how do you think the game is going to be if half of it's player base is gone? They are "part" of the game.

Free players do their share for the game just the same as that other guy who spent thousands of bucks on it, they make the game more fun and enjoyable for others, they get more people into the game who are potential paying customers, they put free games on top of the charts against other games, more publicity equals more money for the game, they make r2 money through these "free" offers, each video they watch and each program they download makes money for r2.

Now that this is out of the way, why f2p and not p2p? people play f2p games cause they don't want to be compelled to pay in order to enjoy the game, enjoyment factor has to be a given, is Wartune enjoyable without spending money on it at all? At the first few levels yeah, but it gets more frustrating than fun as you go on, especially with the late addition of clothes, the gap created between players through spending is huge, and I'm not talking about between non-cashers and cashers only, but between different levels of cashers also, with the game being heavily based on stats and equipment and much less on character level, players can attain a god-like stats through all these higher level gems, higher level clothes/wings, mounts and mount training, soul engraving... etc.

Sadly that is clearly how the game was designed, and r2 is abusing this fact, they know that games like this don't live long, that is just the way with f2p games, pretty much most games that are not competitive, so they're trying to make the most out of it while it lasts, and that is smart, realizing how far the game can go and how to benefit from it the most, somewhat cheap, but smart.

I apologize as I went totally astray from the main topic but had to get it off my chest, so on the main topic, I don't like that new change in the title system, I wasn't cool to begin with with clothes covering one's gear and now with custom titles you have no idea who are you up against if they have full clothes on and no or fake title (which is 99% is the case), so the only thing I see it does is just add more to the randomness of the game, It won't affect those who steamroll in the bg as they pretty much attack anyone on sight and kill pretty much anyone who isn't full on dryad's, so it only makes life harder for those under.

Comment

ooh i love this new title addition.. now i can pull my carts peacefully.... lol shuuuu dryad hunters..... how about hide our br also... lol

Comment

I always scroll through the Bg participants prior to fighting, to see if I know anyone, and if there's anyone to be wary of Br wise. I thought this was normql. Apparently it isn't... But it may just become that way...
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by infernal13 View Post
                      You know I really hate that **** mentality of players like you, "You don't spend money on the game so you have no right to complain about it.", Dead wrong! You see that nice Ad on top of the forums? I just made money for r2, free players are freeloaders? really? Free players populate nearly 50% of the game if not more, how do you think the game is going to be if half of it's player base is gone? They are "part" of the game.

Free players do their share for the game just the same as that other guy who spent thousands of bucks on it, they make the game more fun and enjoyable for others, they get more people into the game who are potential paying customers, they put free games on top of the charts against other games, more publicity equals more money for the game, they make r2 money through these "free" offers, each video they watch and each program they download makes money for r2.

Now that this is out of the way, why f2p and not p2p? people play f2p games cause they don't want to be compelled to pay in order to enjoy the game, enjoyment factor has to be a given, is Wartune enjoyable without spending money on it at all? At the first few levels yeah, but it gets more frustrating than fun as you go on, especially with the late addition of clothes, the gap created between players through spending is huge, and I'm not talking about between non-cashers and cashers only, but between different levels of cashers also, with the game being heavily based on stats and equipment and much less on character level, players can attain a god-like stats through all these higher level gems, higher level clothes/wings, mounts and mount training, soul engraving... etc.

Sadly that is clearly how the game was designed, and r2 is abusing this fact, they know that games like this don't live long, that is just the way with f2p games, pretty much most games that are not competitive, so they're trying to make the most out of it while it lasts, and that is smart, realizing how far the game can go and how to benefit from it the most, somewhat cheap, but smart.

I apologize as I went totally astray from the main topic but had to get it off my chest, so on the main topic, I don't like that new change in the title system, I wasn't cool to begin with with clothes covering one's gear and now with custom titles you have no idea who are you up against if they have full clothes on and no or fake title (which is 99% is the case), so the only thing I see it does is just add more to the randomness of the game, It won't affect those who steamroll in the bg as they pretty much attack anyone on sight and kill pretty much anyone who isn't full on dryad's, so it only makes life harder for those under.
                      I did not say you can't complain. Complain all you want. I find it hysterical that my first question was not answered. Stating you CAN'T spend money lends one to believe your particular country is blocked from doing so, much like I CAN'T play online no limit Texas Hold-em cause I live in the Nanny State here in America. You can greatly help yourself out if you open sockets or pay 8 bucks a month. So, since you won't do that you want the same level playing field as those who will put in what amounts to a pizza dinner a month into something they spend hours of their free time doing. NOTHING is free. SOMEONE pays for it. You pay for an internet bill unless you are free loading off your boss and not doing your job. Those paying for stuff make it possible for you to have this game. If you don't like it, then find another freaking game. I don't whine and complain cause I can't go buy enough gems to get lvl 6 or 7 gems, lvl 6 wings, lvl 6 clothes and waaa waaaaaa waaaaa, I can't beat the player who does. There are hundreds of other players I can beat the snot out of, and I do rather enjoy it. I take my lumps and live within my means. Now, if you want to talk about something we have NO control over like WB and the archer in balance then sure.... but complaining about cashers is ludicrous.... that means crazy for those living in Rio Linda California.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                        The problem here is that most people don't show their gear, they show their clothes.
                        Here is a good clue, usually ppl with cloths are cashers to some degree and probably have more stuff than a non casher and probably leveled up a bit faster. Not always true, but it's a sign. I found ppl avoided me just cause I was on a cat.

Comment

Here is a good clue, usually ppl with cloths are cashers to some degree and probably have more stuff than a non casher and probably leveled up a bit faster. Not always true, but it's a sign. I found ppl avoided me just cause I was on a cat.
                          That only tends to work in the lower level BGs, in general in the higher level ones most have clothes and/or Balen mounts
                          Blizzarea
                          S147
                          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                            That only tends to work in the lower level BGs, in general in the higher level ones most have clothes and/or Balen mounts
                            They still had to buy them didn't they? Now, granted I am in one of the merged servers were we are just getting into lvl 60, so not sure if that matters. We have a lot of non-cashers, and in bg it is cross server as we know. I am getting to know more ppl since I am now doing bg again and have gotten 2 mvp. I look at the rankings before we start to get an idea of who would be easier vs who to avoid. As with most things, you can't even get ppl to read their guild announcement for when tree time is, do we really think they will put forth 2 min. of research to better their odds? No... they just look for crusader and die 10 times then try to steal honor. My solution is to break bg down to same lvl equipment betters odds for competition. 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, etc.. Take away dryad blessing and then if you are still getting the tar beat out of you, change your set up. I came across a mage the other day with PATK in her helm! I politely messaged her and told her we don't use PATK. Most ppl complaining are lazy and their solution is to find a cheat / underhanded way to garner more honor. I like this new way to hide a lil about myself.

Comment

lol so what im a crusader and when I go into bg I make title private hehe that's the fun part of the new title system

Comment

Originally posted by R25631201 View Post
                                lol so what im a crusader and when I go into bg I make title private hehe that's the fun part of the new title system
                                Dun you think private is a bit obvious? I'd go with warrior or elite warrior personally
                                Blizzarea
                                S147
                                Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Working...
                                X