Titles are blocking Honor Rank in Battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    Dun you think private is a bit obvious? I'd go with warrior or elite warrior personally
    I did it and it had the effect no one went after me cause they figured I was worse than the grim reaper..... I play with it, get off my crusader horse, jump on white pony, put spelunker, private... so far it's pretty funny. People are a lot less aggressive I've noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
      They still had to buy them didn't they? Now, granted I am in one of the merged servers were we are just getting into lvl 60, so not sure if that matters. We have a lot of non-cashers, and in bg it is cross server as we know. I am getting to know more ppl since I am now doing bg again and have gotten 2 mvp. I look at the rankings before we start to get an idea of who would be easier vs who to avoid. As with most things, you can't even get ppl to read their guild announcement for when tree time is, do we really think they will put forth 2 min. of research to better their odds? No... they just look for crusader and die 10 times then try to steal honor. My solution is to break bg down to same lvl equipment betters odds for competition. 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, etc.. Take away dryad blessing and then if you are still getting the tar beat out of you, change your set up. I came across a mage the other day with PATK in her helm! I politely messaged her and told her we don't use PATK. Most ppl complaining are lazy and their solution is to find a cheat / underhanded way to garner more honor. I like this new way to hide a lil about myself.
      You go through the rankings to see who to avoid? If you're trying to build honor, it's now impossible to figure out who to avoid. If you see someone with 4k less br than you, you might think that was someone you should attack. However, if that player is only an elite warrior, it changes to someone you should avoid. Their honor rank drastically changes what you should be doing!

Comment

hahaha.. i love the idea(s) of many ppl here using the title ..nice
        Mellisan of S3 Worg Lair out ( for good i hope..no more fun in arena 4v4 mean no more fun in wartune* since in patch 5.1 R2 decide to match campers with lvl 70++ ( win some-lose some* still no fun at all). Cya our beloved friends ( and dont expect meeting ANY of us in any other R2 games*WILL NEVER HAPPENED )

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
          Dun you think private is a bit obvious? I'd go with warrior or elite warrior personally
          I went with Warrior last night, it was hilarious - so many people figured they could bully an easy kill out of me - uummmm wrong
          ♥Hell♥
          Sybian
          S1 - VictisHNR
          *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

Originally posted by Whiffy View Post
            I went with Warrior last night, it was hilarious - so many people figured they could bully an easy kill out of me - uummmm wrong
            Warrior, basic horsey, clothes hidden... mucho's fun! ^_^
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
              Warrior, basic horsey, clothes hidden... mucho's fun! ^_^
              It doesn't make much difference for me. If they see me all dressed up on my kitty with Crusader, they think "HONOOOOOOR!!!!" and attack me.
              If they see me with my normal outfit, Warrior or no title, basic horse, they think "EASY KILLLLLLLL!!!!!"

I end up being attacked around 10 times each battle, no matter what I choose.

Comment

that's cause you're weaksauce and everyone already knows they can keel you.
                ChieftainRez
                Knight
                VictisHNR
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by R2_D2droid View Post
                  You go through the rankings to see who to avoid? If you're trying to build honor, it's now impossible to figure out who to avoid. If you see someone with 4k less br than you, you might think that was someone you should attack. However, if that player is only an elite warrior, it changes to someone you should avoid. Their honor rank drastically changes what you should be doing!
                  I look and see who is lvl 59 vs who is lvl 51 and in between, what they pts in atk / def are.... so i can get a good idea who is probably going to cream me vs. who I can take on. You do it your way I will do it mine... mine works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
                    that's cause you're weaksauce and everyone already knows they can keel you.
                    Pfffffttttttttttt Discoballs, thought you wouldn't be able to see yourself in the mirror
                    ♥Hell♥
                    Sybian
                    S1 - VictisHNR
                    *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
                      I look and see who is lvl 59 vs who is lvl 51 and in between, what they pts in atk / def are.... so i can get a good idea who is probably going to cream me vs. who I can take on. You do it your way I will do it mine... mine works for me.
                      You're missing the point. You have to factor in some leeway with dryads. So someone you can take on might be someone who's going to cream you later on. But it might not matter due to them being higher honor than you. Imagine you're 45k br, crusader. Would you rather fight a 42k br, elite warrior or a 50k br, knight crusader? You'd win in an even match against the elite warrior and lose against the knight crusader. However most would rather face the 50k br player instead of the 42k br player.

Now using your method, you (at 45k br) see a 42k br player and a 50k br player. Who would you attack?

Comment

Imagine you're 45k br, crusader. Would you rather fight a 42k br, elite warrior or a 50k br, knight crusader? You'd win in an even match against the elite warrior and lose against the knight crusader. However most would rather face the 50k br player instead of the 42k br player.
                        Most would rather lose then win? lololol

Also you can typically tell who has dryads if you're watching the battle field. Just watch who keeps running at people over and over again, has 0 kills and either no honor or negative honor. Guess what? That person is dryad farming. Avoid them if you don't want to fight a dryad person. You can also watch for when they lose dryads by seeing their current kill count and then wait for that number to change.

Honor rank being hidden is fine. It's better this way means you have to pay attention on the battlefield. You can size up everyone on the other side of the battle for the 5 minutes prior to the match. Know who you can kill and who to try to avoid. Play the game to kill not to die over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
                          Most would rather lose then win? lololol

Also you can typically tell who has dryads if you're watching the battle field. Just watch who keeps running at people over and over again, has 0 kills and either no honor or negative honor. Guess what? That person is dryad farming. Avoid them if you don't want to fight a dryad person. You can also watch for when they lose dryads by seeing their current kill count and then wait for that number to change.

Honor rank being hidden is fine. It's better this way means you have to pay attention on the battlefield. You can size up everyone on the other side of the battle for the 5 minutes prior to the match. Know who you can kill and who to try to avoid. Play the game to kill not to die over and over again.
                          In a completely even fight, fighting the 50k will result in a loss, but if he's down 25% health from an earlier fight, you probably would win. Either way, it's a better bet honor-wise to go for the 50k person than hoping the 42k person doesn't get lucky or has dryads. Additionally, the 42k doesn't have to go dryad farming, the dryad's comes naturally from fights that they don't start. Also most people will not have the time to load up the rankings page to find someone's current kill count and honor change before deciding to chase them or avoid them. Furthermore, you're going to be in battles too so it's next to impossible to see if someone's always running into people.

If you're going for honor, you're playing the odds. But if you don't know the loss or gains, it's hard to make informed decisions.

You can size everyone up before the match, but that will only tell you who to attack or avoid for the first 2 or 3 minutes. After that, it's impossible to tell.

Comment

Because Honor rank isn't a title. It's an honor rank. Titles are the "Server's Best Guild Leader" or whatever.
                            If you would care to look at the list of titles the honor rank, as you call it, is on the list. And, short of honor 'farming,' I see no valid reason to complain that they aren't visible.

Comment

Why stop there? Make gear and names hidden too since people know what the gear looks like (or clothing is covering it up regardless) and people can single each other out by their names. Make it purely random.

While I agree this game needs more layers, this actually removes layers. Instead of making a decision based on their br and honor rank, you only have br.

And, what's wrong with that? Afterall, BR is supposed to be an indication of how strong they are in BATTLE! And, we are talking about BATTLE Ground!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
                                If you would care to look at the list of titles the honor rank, as you call it, is on the list. And, short of honor 'farming,' I see no valid reason to complain that they aren't visible.
                                Honor rank is a ranking. Your argument of it's a title because it's on the list, therefore it should be on the list is circular. And nearly everyone cares about how much honor they gain or lose in battlegrounds. It's like saying "unless you're attached to your character, I see no valid reason to complain if they reset everyone's character".

Comment

Working...
                                X