Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

R2Client Issue Survey #2

To contribute to making the R2Client better, please click here to take a survey.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Titles are blocking Honor Rank in Battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2droid
    started a topic Titles are blocking Honor Rank in Battlegrounds

Titles are blocking Honor Rank in Battlegrounds

In the battlegrounds, the titles are covering up the honor ranks of players. Normally the player's honor rank (e.g. Crusader, Elite Warrior, etc) over the player's name. If the player selects a title, the honor rank is no longer visible.

• D2droid
    replied
    Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
    And, what's wrong with that? Afterall, BR is supposed to be an indication of how strong they are in BATTLE! And, we are talking about BATTLE Ground!!!
    If who you fight is basically a random choice, then why bother having the area at all? Just make it like the 3v3 arena and do the matchmaking that way.

Leave a comment:

• D2droid
    replied
    Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
    If you would care to look at the list of titles the honor rank, as you call it, is on the list. And, short of honor 'farming,' I see no valid reason to complain that they aren't visible.
    Honor rank is a ranking. Your argument of it's a title because it's on the list, therefore it should be on the list is circular. And nearly everyone cares about how much honor they gain or lose in battlegrounds. It's like saying "unless you're attached to your character, I see no valid reason to complain if they reset everyone's character".

Leave a comment:

• R24907107
    replied
    Originally posted by R2_D2droid View Post
    Why stop there? Make gear and names hidden too since people know what the gear looks like (or clothing is covering it up regardless) and people can single each other out by their names. Make it purely random.

While I agree this game needs more layers, this actually removes layers. Instead of making a decision based on their br and honor rank, you only have br.

And, what's wrong with that? Afterall, BR is supposed to be an indication of how strong they are in BATTLE! And, we are talking about BATTLE Ground!!!

Leave a comment:

• R24907107
    replied
    Because Honor rank isn't a title. It's an honor rank. Titles are the "Server's Best Guild Leader" or whatever.
    If you would care to look at the list of titles the honor rank, as you call it, is on the list. And, short of honor 'farming,' I see no valid reason to complain that they aren't visible.

Leave a comment:

• D2droid
    replied
    Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
    Most would rather lose then win? lololol

Also you can typically tell who has dryads if you're watching the battle field. Just watch who keeps running at people over and over again, has 0 kills and either no honor or negative honor. Guess what? That person is dryad farming. Avoid them if you don't want to fight a dryad person. You can also watch for when they lose dryads by seeing their current kill count and then wait for that number to change.

Honor rank being hidden is fine. It's better this way means you have to pay attention on the battlefield. You can size up everyone on the other side of the battle for the 5 minutes prior to the match. Know who you can kill and who to try to avoid. Play the game to kill not to die over and over again.
    In a completely even fight, fighting the 50k will result in a loss, but if he's down 25% health from an earlier fight, you probably would win. Either way, it's a better bet honor-wise to go for the 50k person than hoping the 42k person doesn't get lucky or has dryads. Additionally, the 42k doesn't have to go dryad farming, the dryad's comes naturally from fights that they don't start. Also most people will not have the time to load up the rankings page to find someone's current kill count and honor change before deciding to chase them or avoid them. Furthermore, you're going to be in battles too so it's next to impossible to see if someone's always running into people.

If you're going for honor, you're playing the odds. But if you don't know the loss or gains, it's hard to make informed decisions.

You can size everyone up before the match, but that will only tell you who to attack or avoid for the first 2 or 3 minutes. After that, it's impossible to tell.

Leave a comment:

• Daehawk
    replied
    Imagine you're 45k br, crusader. Would you rather fight a 42k br, elite warrior or a 50k br, knight crusader? You'd win in an even match against the elite warrior and lose against the knight crusader. However most would rather face the 50k br player instead of the 42k br player.
    Most would rather lose then win? lololol

Also you can typically tell who has dryads if you're watching the battle field. Just watch who keeps running at people over and over again, has 0 kills and either no honor or negative honor. Guess what? That person is dryad farming. Avoid them if you don't want to fight a dryad person. You can also watch for when they lose dryads by seeing their current kill count and then wait for that number to change.

Honor rank being hidden is fine. It's better this way means you have to pay attention on the battlefield. You can size up everyone on the other side of the battle for the 5 minutes prior to the match. Know who you can kill and who to try to avoid. Play the game to kill not to die over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• D2droid
    replied
    Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
    I look and see who is lvl 59 vs who is lvl 51 and in between, what they pts in atk / def are.... so i can get a good idea who is probably going to cream me vs. who I can take on. You do it your way I will do it mine... mine works for me.
    You're missing the point. You have to factor in some leeway with dryads. So someone you can take on might be someone who's going to cream you later on. But it might not matter due to them being higher honor than you. Imagine you're 45k br, crusader. Would you rather fight a 42k br, elite warrior or a 50k br, knight crusader? You'd win in an even match against the elite warrior and lose against the knight crusader. However most would rather face the 50k br player instead of the 42k br player.

Now using your method, you (at 45k br) see a 42k br player and a 50k br player. Who would you attack?

Leave a comment:

• Whiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
    that's cause you're weaksauce and everyone already knows they can keel you.
    Pfffffttttttttttt Discoballs, thought you wouldn't be able to see yourself in the mirror

Leave a comment:

• Unified_Serenity
    replied
    You go through the rankings to see who to avoid? If you're trying to build honor, it's now impossible to figure out who to avoid. If you see someone with 4k less br than you, you might think that was someone you should attack. However, if that player is only an elite warrior, it changes to someone you should avoid. Their honor rank drastically changes what you should be doing!
    I look and see who is lvl 59 vs who is lvl 51 and in between, what they pts in atk / def are.... so i can get a good idea who is probably going to cream me vs. who I can take on. You do it your way I will do it mine... mine works for me.

Leave a comment:

• ChieftainRez
    replied
    that's cause you're weaksauce and everyone already knows they can keel you.

Leave a comment:

• CreamySaucepan
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Warrior, basic horsey, clothes hidden... mucho's fun! ^_^
    It doesn't make much difference for me. If they see me all dressed up on my kitty with Crusader, they think "HONOOOOOOR!!!!" and attack me.
    If they see me with my normal outfit, Warrior or no title, basic horse, they think "EASY KILLLLLLLL!!!!!"

I end up being attacked around 10 times each battle, no matter what I choose.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Whiffy View Post
    I went with Warrior last night, it was hilarious - so many people figured they could bully an easy kill out of me - uummmm wrong
    Warrior, basic horsey, clothes hidden... mucho's fun! ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Whiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    Dun you think private is a bit obvious? I'd go with warrior or elite warrior personally
    I went with Warrior last night, it was hilarious - so many people figured they could bully an easy kill out of me - uummmm wrong

Leave a comment:

• RaitoZ
    replied
    hahaha.. i love the idea(s) of many ppl here using the title ..nice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X