Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Flash EOL

Attention: Adobe has blocked flash content from playing beginning January 12th. Please update to new client version 1.1.2.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Have questions or concerns you want to talk about? Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

knight not competitive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Serrin View Post
    Sorry, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Arm up and come back. Have a nice day.
    I am hardly unarmed. Seeing that you're offering nothing of substance, there's nothing to refute. I'm disappointed. Thanks for playing; please pull through.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
      I am hardly unarmed. Seeing that you're offering nothing of substance, there's nothing to refute. I'm disappointed. Thanks for playing; please pull through.
      My position has been it's not the class that's competitive it's the player, period. And that all classes have weaknesses and strengths. Find my posts all through the forum talking about the same thing. Building parties, covered. Doing DT, covered. Doing other high level dungeons, covered. So when you decide to stop spamming your opinion all over the forums then you can give up the day job at Mickey D's (snide reference to your snide please pull through) and no I don't want fries with that. Thanks and have a good day.



      Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic


      Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

      Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

      Demented children don't impress me.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Serrin View Post
        My position has been it's not the class that's competitive it's the player, period. And that all classes have weaknesses and strengths. Find my posts all through the forum talking about the same thing. Building parties, covered. Doing DT, covered. Doing other high level dungeons, covered. So when you decide to stop spamming your opinion all over the forums then you can give up the day job at Mickey D's (snide reference to your snide please pull through) and no I don't want fries with that. Thanks and have a good day.
        It's NOT the player. If you believe an equal stat'ed, astral'ed, equipped, ++ character of both types of classes (DD vs non DD) can achieve similar results on most of the events, you simply have not played the knight class long enough, generally not cared (read: played casually/'as-you-want') or need contacts. Since you oscillate between characters, you should see this discrepancy moreso than those who do not. Keep playing that mage though.

        You seem to be running out of points with which to contend as the quality of your rebuttals is dropping. To address your off-topic points: eDiscovery != McDonalds; nice repeat of a putdown and thanks for noticing.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
          It's NOT the player. If you believe an equal stat'ed, astral'ed, equipped, ++ character of both types of classes (DD vs non DD) can achieve similar results on most of the events, you simply have not played the knight class long enough, generally not cared (read: played casually/'as-you-want') or need contacts. Since you oscillate between characters, you should see this discrepancy moreso than those who do not. Keep playing that mage though.

          You seem to be running out of points with which to contend as the quality of your rebuttals is dropping. To address your off-topic points: eDiscovery != McDonalds; nice repeat of a putdown and thanks for noticing.
          It is the player, you are only competitive in the forums it seems. The thread is about knights in the World Boss and my position is that one event does not define your strength/weakness. Now I'm done arguing. I have a guild battle to go win. Have a nice night.



          Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic


          Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

          Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

          Demented children don't impress me.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Serrin View Post
            It is the player, you are only competitive in the forums it seems. The thread is about knights in the World Boss and my position is that one event does not define your strength/weakness. Now I'm done arguing. I have a guild battle to go win. Have a nice night.
            When a top knight can only make on average 60% (debatable) of most top archers at an event that is the indirect crux of character development, something isn't kosher. This is only the world boss event. Please defend your position on the following: New GB point system, Divine Altar, the 'Cata Jump Start', Necropolis, slow diffusion of upper MPDs away from tanks and whatever else I'm missing. Granted the gap is not insurmountable but the incrementals begin to accrue. In addition, for a knight, it is generally "unfun" to have a handicap as soon as an event begins. Do you know how many knights I know that have either resigned due to the aforementioned or have rerolled as a DD? That is also a decent indicator of class balance.

            If you think I'm only competitive in the forums, feel free to throw up some snaps of your mage (or knight?).

            Comment


            • #36
              O ffs sakes, these people saying some **** about attitude & the player, play Knight & then see for yourself how Knights are shafted left right center top bottom upside down sideways bla bla bla.
              Archers & Mages have everything handed to them on a silver platter, throw in some spending & they are mostly always the dominant classes either in WB or PvP, Knights are just your boxing bags, especially now since clothing.

              Mages arguably the most lazy class now in PvP first hit AoA, 2nd Hit AoA, 3rd hit AoA .. oooo I got hit by a smigeon once, better heal or blessed light my ***, etc etc enemy dead, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dackdoid View Post
                O ffs sakes, these people saying some **** about attitude & the player, play Knight & then see for yourself how Knights are shafted left right center top bottom upside down sideways bla bla bla.
                Archers & Mages have everything handed to them on a silver platter, throw in some spending & they are mostly always the dominant classes either in WB or PvP, Knights are just your boxing bags, especially now since clothing.

                Mages arguably the most lazy class now in PvP first hit AoA, 2nd Hit AoA, 3rd hit AoA .. oooo I got hit by a smigeon once, better heal or blessed light my ***, etc etc enemy dead, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
                I have a knight thank you. I don't see a problem at all. yes mages kick our ***** most of the time but that is bc they are suppose to. Dont' even try to go after mages unless you know for a fact you have a chance at them. Go for the archers and other knights as you have a better chance at winning against them. If built right you should be able to take out most if not all archers. Most people who complain about how knights "suck" is bc they don't build them correctly. I agree that block as been slightly nerfed but just work getting on your block high as possible and you will get that nice block chance back.

                For World bosses knights really arn't suppose to be on those ranks. They arn't DPS in this game so they wouldn't be there. However, it isn't impossible to make top 10 or even top 3. Just requires more cash on your hand that's all. Top 10 is easily achievable with just voucher bonus, pots, scrolls, etc. So learn how to play a knight correctly and you won't have a big problem. Sure they got somewhat shafted this patch with a few nerfs here and there but they are still a strong class and can go toe to toe with most people with out a problem.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                  I have a knight thank you. I don't see a problem at all. yes mages kick our ***** most of the time but that is bc they are suppose to. Dont' even try to go after mages unless you know for a fact you have a chance at them. Go for the archers and other knights as you have a better chance at winning against them. If built right you should be able to take out most if not all archers. Most people who complain about how knights "suck" is bc they don't build them correctly. I agree that block as been slightly nerfed but just work getting on your block high as possible and you will get that nice block chance back.

                  For World bosses knights really arn't suppose to be on those ranks. They arn't DPS in this game so they wouldn't be there. However, it isn't impossible to make top 10 or even top 3. Just requires more cash on your hand that's all. Top 10 is easily achievable with just voucher bonus, pots, scrolls, etc. So learn how to play a knight correctly and you won't have a big problem. Sure they got somewhat shafted this patch with a few nerfs here and there but they are still a strong class and can go toe to toe with most people with out a problem.
                  I know how to play my Knight, about the block thing there are Knights with 2k+ block saying it sucks, they are still being owned. All the other points you stated I agree with.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    This game was already biased but it got worse with 1.5.

                    Archers are HEAVILY favored in ALL pve events except level 50+ in catacombs which doesn't matter since every class can beat cata by around level 55.

                    Knights get it a lot worse than mages. The only time I ever see a knight in top 10 on world boss is when he is one of the top players whom is a heavy casher with 1 or 2k more attack than the top archers and is spending a lot of balens and this is about 1 out of 10 of the world bosses I participate in.

                    Knights suck now against mages and I am a mage who never played a knight. I can beat knights in battlegrounds a few thousand br higher than me without much difficulty.

                    Knights are also the least needed class in level 60+ dungeons. The ideal group is 2 archers and 2 mages in demon temple.

                    So basically you have the weakest class at the same br as everyone else and also has the least growth potential since they are so lacking on world boss. All the top players on my server are knights as well; 9 out of the top 10 in br.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X