No announcement yet.

knight not competitive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made a reasonable attempt to return the thread to the original topic, and to ensure that it stands a good chance of doing so... I shall withdraw from the thread with the parting phase of " Wisdom is not knowledge, knowledge is wisdom "
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Yes, I've seen both AryaTrueheart and Polska on top 10 of World Boss, both knights, both awesome competitive players. Thats on S44, I've seen Gartergirl on top 10 on another server. Mostly I see mages and archers. Not just archers as is normal on some servers. But the bottom line is that it is not about one single event in game that makes or breaks a character. All classes are useful and the players are competitive not the character itself. You either play to have fun or play to win.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

On the merged S5/8/19/25 server there are a few Knights that are (close to) always in the top 10 of WB. About 3, I reckon. But yeah, I fully agree with Serrin; it's not one single event that makes a class (not) competitive. Then again, I'm not a knight so I don't know how hard they have to work for it.

Comment

Let's just shut up and face it guys.. No arguing needed.

Knights are the weakest class, they have the longest charge (for abilities) least aoe and are the worst at the events specified in few posts earlier because mages and archers just destroy them.

Not to mention, an archer can be as tanky as a knight and steal out put more damage because of the crit chance..so over all knights are the weakest ones but I'm ok with it.. I like using my knight ... Even if I wish I would do better in events but meh... It's still good.. It could be worse.. you could the be mount the characters sit on..

In conclusion knights are the weakest in most aspects except tankyness to which archers can match them.

Comment

I also play a knight, built it as party tanker not dps but I play to have fun not to rule. I started a knight simply because I wanted to know what the freaking symbols over their heads meant But I am enjoying playing, I don't do well in wb but mostly I'm concentrating on my mage. However, my little knighty did get a final hit on World Boss. She is just grinding away has better guild skills than my mage and is slowly becoming more dangerous in duel arena. But, again, it's a fun character to play. I enjoy when archers and mages hit lots of 1's or the healing kicks in and instead of destroying me they heal me.

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Comment

Knowing is correct. For WB, knights are specifically balanced to be the worst class for that particular battle. The top knight on our server went full in with vouchers/balens and rezes and couldn't get above 4th (with the 3 above all in as well). I have the same problem with a Mage. I take number #1 on most wb in my server except when almost any archer goes full in. Even being top or near top mage doesn't help when even an archer 4-6 levels below me with much weaker stats goes full in. They can still match or beat me. The way the skill trees are currently setup, if all other things are equal (balen use, pots, astrals, etc) Archers will always win, mages 2nd and knights last. That normally wouldn't be a big issue since each class is designed to have strengths in different areas (ie mages are good with AOE and WB is not an AOE scenario).

Therefore, what I'd suggest is reworking the three bosses so that each of them is tailored to the strengths/weaknesses of each class. As such, one boss should generally be dominated by archers, one by mages and one by knights. Not that the others can't do well, just that those classes have an edge in one of those battles (and not the other two). To deal with timezone issues, I might even suggest rotating the order of the bosses daily so that if you can only do the late night one, every 3rd day, your class will be dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                I have made a reasonable attempt to return the thread to the original topic, and to ensure that it stands a good chance of doing so... I shall withdraw from the thread with the parting phase of " Wisdom is not knowledge, knowledge is wisdom "
                Thank you for proving my point. You have no knowledge of playing a knight. I daresay the prerequisite wisdom element is on the low side as well.

Comment

And once again if you are complaining about class overall because of one event.. you need to find another damned game. All classes have weaknesses and all classes have strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                    And once again if you are complaining about class overall because of one event.. you need to find another damned game. All classes have weaknesses and all classes have strengths.
                    One event? Lol? If you wanna tussle a few rounds, Mister Mage, by all means.

Comment

I am going to let you go at it.... I would be interested to see what serrins reply is and if she posts her screenshot of her knight character....

hell I may screenshot my 7 knight characters
                      Last edited by Kitwritten; 04-05-2013, 08:41 PM.
                      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                        I am going to let you go at it.... I would be interested to see what serrins reply is and if she posts her screenshot of her knight character....

hell I may screenshot my 7 knight characters
                        Please do.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                          One event? Lol? If you wanna tussle a few rounds, Mister Mage, by all means.

First. Not a male. Second. I play all classes. I prefer my mage. But I play to have fun. If you aren't playing a game to have fun, you need to find a new pastime.

Comment

one question for you, why you come to keep arguing with people on forum if you play game for fun? what I think is you are afraid to be nerfed because many people complain about one thing: mage is op, and this is true.

First. Not a male. Second. I play all classes. I prefer my mage. But I play to have fun. If you aren't playing a game to have fun, you need to find a new pastime.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                            Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                            Character Name: Halifax

Comment

First, great - need more real females playing MMOs. Second, that's nice - but unless you're pouring on the steam on all three, you're diluting yourself.

Nice backpedal as you do not address the knight's faults. It doesn't really matter. You play your mage primarily; Kit plays his archer primarily. You do not play as a knight competitively - and that's your prerogative. If you cannot see the total virtual event bias, then you must not care about it as it is grossly apparent.

And yes, let's just roll over every time there is an issue. If that were the case, then there would be no change. I'm surprised you aren't stating to roll up an archer/mage.

When you have an actual argument to chew on, gimme a buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                                First, great - need more real females playing MMOs. Second, that's nice - but unless you're pouring on the steam on all three, you're diluting yourself.

Nice backpedal as you do not address the knight's faults. It doesn't really matter. You play your mage primarily; Kit plays his archer primarily. You do not play as a knight competitively - and that's your prerogative. If you cannot see the total virtual event bias, then you must not care about it as it is grossly apparent.

And yes, let's just roll over every time there is an issue. If that were the case, then there would be no change. I'm surprised you aren't stating to roll up an archer/mage.

When you have an actual argument to chew on, gimme a buzz.
                                Sorry, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Arm up and come back. Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                                X