WB Stand-in = Rip off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB Stand-in = Rip off

So you all know, the World Boss Stand-in is a total rip-off . For 135 balens PER WB, it does only a fraction of what you can do yourself. Far more efficient to just program you're own stand-in.

Again, it is for those who can't be at keys or online at that time.

I use it for the WB which spawns during the time I'm sleeping.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

For me, it's about 30% of normal yield.

Comment

Agreed, for when you can't be online, work or sleeping. Doesn't mean it's not a rip-off for 135 balens. Still FAR mar efficient to program you're own 'stand-in'

Comment

Originally posted by Ricco1654 View Post
          Agreed, for when you can't be online, work or sleeping. Doesn't mean it's not a rip-off for 135 balens. Still FAR mar efficient to program you're own 'stand-in'
          Possibly not a great idea - from the ToU

"You agree not to design, disseminate or use any third party programs designed to change the game play on the site. Any use, dissemination or design of such programs is a breach of these Terms you will be responsible for any resulting damages to R2 Games. You agree that if you disseminate, design or assist in the design of a third party program that changes the game play on R2 Games, you will pay R2 Games liquidated damages in the sum of Hundred Thousand Dollars for each such program as liquidated damages. You agree that if you use such a program on the R2 Games website, you will pay R2 Games liquidated damages in the sum of One Thousand Dollars for each time you use a program. "
          ♥Hell♥
          Sybian
          S1 - VictisHNR
          *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

cry me a frickin river. some gold/daru is better than none if u cant be there.

Comment

For 135 balans man should get aless 50% buff and City protection actived so man not lose the gold under the time man are away if man become plunder other wise man dont get noting for 135 balans. Or release it free for people some own Spirit Convertan
              Character - Taggen
              Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
              Class - Archer
              Battle Rating -2.4M BR
              Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
              Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
                For 135 balans man should get aless 50% buff and City protection actived so man not lose the gold under the time man are away if man become plunder other wise man dont get noting for 135 balans. Or release it free for people some own Spirit Convertan
                It's sent to you in the mail. Not plunderable.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  Again, it is for those who can't be at keys or online at that time.

I use it for the WB which spawns during the time I'm sleeping.
                  Exactly, so how is it a ripoff when you would have gotten zero for not doing it at all? Use your brains, people. This is not rocket science. Is it worth it to use so you can multitask while online? No. But it's not really meant for that purpose, it's meant for when you can't be around at all.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

It is still much better value than buying for example alchemy, even the first few every day...i get in the region of 450k for a stand in, which is acceptable atleast

Comment

I feel the same way as gruntar. Get 400k, would only get 180k for the same spent on alchemy.

As for the people talking about programing their own, it would be more complex than a simple macro to click the boss over and over. I leave work with my cata blitz running and the stand in checked, so for me, your little program would need to close the cata blitz when it's finished, click the boss when it's time, play the boss, start blitzing my campaigns with an xp scroll ('cause why not), then close that out and start the next boss, all while I'm at work and unavailable to monitor it. No longer a simple program, now in the realm of an actual bot. Albeit, not a super complicated one, but still beyond the expertise of the vast majority of players.

Comment

Since I am not a big casher, I will use the 10 balen revive while I am on WB and get a much bigger gain. If you are like most working ppl it is not that bad a deal to use it as it will give gold and daru, and thus might be worth it if you are not a blessed sun shining down upon while angels sing of your glory archer who gets more gold and daru signing into wb than others get doing it. (sarcasm intended)

Comment

You can't really call it a rip off if you are the one who chose to use the balens in the first place. You use them and you get some thing, don't use them you get nothing. You can't have it both ways.
                          In real life is a stand in going to be exactly like you and do things like you? I doubt it, so in game life your stand in won't either. Facts of gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by R23095716 View Post
                            You can't really call it a rip off if you are the one who chose to use the balens in the first place. You use them and you get some thing, don't use them you get nothing. You can't have it both ways.
                            In real life is a stand in going to be exactly like you and do things like you? I doubt it, so in game life your stand in won't either. Facts of gaming.
                            Actually I do agree its a rip off for the fact that your stand in do not use any buffs nor receive the inspiration buff during the wb to compute your gold/daru gain. While having some is better than none and a stand in may not do as well as the original, that doesn't mean it should be excluded from the inspiration buff and the use of pots and also the chance to receive the 1% bonus if it somehow manages to reach the 1% dmg target. Taking those out means its not even to be classified as a stand in but rather a different form of gold and daru alchemy since there is no buffs available or any additional bonus. It is just not worth it for 135 balens to get a fraction of ur gold/daru. I rather use that amount to revive more during the WB I can be in and double my gold/daru gain which is certainly more than what I can get with 135 balens with the stand in and I do get Apollo prize rather than warrior prize using voucher buff which makes my 130 balens spent worth more than the 135 balens u spend on a stand in. Its just not worth it period.
                            IGN: Athena
                            Guild: Warriors
                            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Class: Archer
                            Difficulty Level: Noob
                            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

If it was good or close to what you actually get from running boss i think ppl would just stand-in wb instead of say getting on in time for it, then you'll have ppl engaging less in the game, and that isn't exactly good for the game, so i think they just put the option there if you really need it but they don't wanna really encourage it.

That's my personal view tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X