Solution for people who hate getting their crops stolen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for people who hate getting their crops stolen

It's simple: allow an option on settings (or somewhere) where you can choose whether to be able to get your crops stolen from or not.

Now here is where it gets fair: if you disable your farm for stealing, then you can't steal. So, if you want to steal, you must also let others steal from you. And if you don't want others to steal from you, then you can't steal from them.

Sound fair? Do you agree with this? Would you like for it to be implemented in the game?

Edit: accidentally made poll public -facepalm- >.>' I don't blame you if you don't answer the poll lol.
    Good idea, I would like that to be in the game :)
    60.00%
    Bad idea
    20.00%
    Don't care
    20.00%
    Other, I will comment below
    0.00%
    Last edited by TimlaVmun; 04-06-2013, 05:57 AM.

I don't mind sharing my crops. I tend to plant 1 hour crops, and kyanite on every one group. I get more kyanite by being able to share than not sharing and getting my academy skills maxed is very important, but I am VIP which means I have no cool down time so it's easy for me.

Comment

Lol, disable farm stealing when go to sleep, enable when awake.

Seriously, if I can only choose it once and not looking back, I'd let them steal, I can steal back for much more.
      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

I still like the anti-plant thing simply for the comedic value. But yeah, a toggle would be great. There were lots of complaints before but with everyone after daru its gotten much worse, blacklists filling up all around!

Comment

if thats the case.. many exploitation will happen.. i turn off steal> i harvest my crops.. i turn on after i harvest>i hrvest someone's crops

Comment

I believe they're implementing some kind of anti-steal measure out of an outcry against Balen crops being snatched. Feel free to hunt down details - but it's there.

Comment

I have more problems with plundering done by anyone who passes by than with sharing my crops with friends selected by me. Don't see a problem and see it as a small thank you for weeding and caring for my crops as I do theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by recruit020 View Post
                I have more problems with plundering done by anyone who passes by than with sharing my crops with friends selected by me. Don't see a problem and see it as a small thank you for weeding and caring for my crops as I do theirs.
                Absolutely in agreement here. In fact, why not make the 'stealing' a helpful thing? Make it bringing in a friend's crops for them - they get 90% you get 10%, that way they get the fruits of their harvest even when offline, can only 'lose' the 10% once, and it's a more appropriate thing to do for a friend than theft!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                  if thats the case.. many exploitation will happen.. i turn off steal> i harvest my crops.. i turn on after i harvest>i hrvest someone's crops
                  Good point... Perhaps a 24 hour wait between toggling on and off, like when you leave a guild?

Comment

I like R23976527's idea ... Harvest is supposed to be just that ... harvesting, not stealing a percentage and leaving them to die. Make the friend able to harvest as it's supposed to be - collecting the crop for said friend, and yes, give a small percentage to the friend who is helping them as a reward. Fair every way you look at it, and no need for a repetitive and exploitative toggle.

Comment

yeah a time limit on toggle would have to be implemented

Comment

fair enough TimlaVmun. I agree with you.

Comment

Absolutely agree with this instead of coming online and finding a majority of my crop being eaten away by 'friends'. Just have a one time harvest for any friend that Gives the owner of the crop 90% of the harvest and 10% to the harveter at the time.

Comment

perhaps adding this feature to spirit convenant would be nice

Comment

Working...
                            X