Something needs to be done to balance Battleground honour loss against gain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something needs to be done to balance Battleground honour loss against gain

Seriously, I get 35 honour for every win in the Battleground - and I win very few, because I'm a knight so lose a lot because of being the weakest class. Then I lose and it's anything up to 300 honour for one loss, even against players the same level as me. It's just ridiculous.

Originally posted by R23976527 View Post
    Seriously, I get 35 honour for every win in the Battleground - and I win very few, because I'm a knight so lose a lot because of being the weakest class. Then I lose and it's anything up to 300 honour for one loss, even against players the same level as me. It's just ridiculous.
    Tired of people saying knights are the weakest class. Look at your build and look at other knights build and see what you are doing wrong. Stay away from mages you can't beat as well. Only go after archers and knights that are around your BR and you be fine. I hate the honor loss too but now that you don't have to show your rank anymore it provides a bit more strategy. Stop blaming the knight class based on your faults.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
      Tired of people saying knights are the weakest class. Look at your build and look at other knights build and see what you are doing wrong. Stay away from mages you can't beat as well. Only go after archers and knights that are around your BR and you be fine. I hate the honor loss too but now that you don't have to show your rank anymore it provides a bit more strategy. Stop blaming the knight class based on your faults.
      Firstly, knights are weaker - that's just a fact of the game, but let's not get into that here because there's already a whole thread devoted to it.

Secondly, how am I supposed to 'stay away from mages' I can't beat, when I am at 50% movement speed whilst transporting? Do try thinking before you reply.

Thirdly, not having to show rank doesn't help. A level 60+ mage will just run round the Battleground attacking everyone, regardless of what rank they are or are not showing. Besides, if I don't show my rank (or show a lower rank) I'll just look like an even easier target for them, won't I?

Comment

same here. im Knight. and i join BG only for daily Q and leave. im knight 50k br but an mage with 42-45k br kill me easy and i lost 400honor per die. so better dont play in bg as an Knight you need VIP 8-9 to not lost much honor. but you still can kill other knight-archer so just run away from mage.) . GL in BG
        Last edited by R26637755; 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Firstly, knights are weaker - that's just a fact of the game, but let's not get into that here because there's already a whole thread devoted to it.

Secondly, how am I supposed to 'stay away from mages' I can't beat, when I am at 50% movement speed whilst transporting? Do try thinking before you reply.

Thirdly, not having to show rank doesn't help. A level 60+ mage will just run round the Battleground attacking everyone, regardless of what rank they are or are not showing. Besides, if I don't show my rank (or show a lower rank) I'll just look like an even easier target for them, won't I?
          I'm trying to figure out what battle ground you're fighting on. A lvl 60 mage will be fodder in the 60-69 BG, and not attacking anyone! He/She will be the one running away from everybody!

And, as far as Knights being the weakest class - I play a knight and I'll admit the class has many draw-backs. Never being in the top 10 of WB unless you spend massive balins, seldom being in the top 10 in GBs because it simply takes us longer to kill something (so less kills, less points), and so on. Still, being able to stand there and take massive damage has its appeal! And, with a bit of work, you can actually end up having a blow with some decent damage.

Comment

Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
            I'm trying to figure out what battle ground you're fighting on.
            The Battleground. The one it takes me to when 'Battle' starts flashing at the top of the game screen.

Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
            A lvl 60 mage will be fodder in the 60-69 BG
            I said 60+, not 60, but that was an error as I'm level 58 should have said 50+ anyway - sorry for the typo. The mages in my Battlegrounds do just run around attacking everyone, and usually winning (they're the ones who come up as 'unstoppable' and 'close to a god' all the time in the info panel).

My point is one of balance: it would take me roughly nine wins at 35 points each to offset one loss of 300 points (roughly, I said, the maths isn't neat and tidy). I do not win at a ratio of nine to one. If anything I lose at a ratio of nine to one, because of those 'unstoppable', 'close to a god' players.

Comment

The Battleground. The one it takes me to when 'Battle' starts flashing at the top of the game screen.

I said 60+, not 60, but that was an error as I'm level 58 should have said 50+ anyway - sorry for the typo. The mages in my Battlegrounds do just run around attacking everyone, and usually winning (they're the ones who come up as 'unstoppable' and 'close to a god' all the time in the info panel).

My point is one of balance: it would take me roughly nine wins at 35 points each to offset one loss of 300 points (roughly, I said, the maths isn't neat and tidy). I do not win at a ratio of nine to one. If anything I lose at a ratio of nine to one, because of those 'unstoppable', 'close to a god' players.
              U know this honor loss affects everyone right? Im a mage in the 60+ bg. On friday i received my elitec cruaser title, and within 2 mins i lost a fight and dropped back to knight cruaser. took me 4 wins + the bg reward after that to regain the elite crusader title.

Comment

I agree the way the honor system works in the Battlegrounds is - well - stupid! But, it's not restricted to only 1 class. I'm a lvl 58 Knight, and while I don't rule the Battleground, there are usually only 2 or 3 others that can beat me. I still don't go looking for fights, but I win most that come my way. And, even leave the field with a few hundred more honor!

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                  U know this honor loss affects everyone right? Im a mage in the 60+ bg. On friday i received my elitec cruaser title, and within 2 mins i lost a fight and dropped back to knight cruaser. took me 4 wins + the bg reward after that to regain the elite crusader title.
                  Exactly my point - the balance between massive honour loss for losing and tiny honour gains for winning is what needs fixing. Sorry if it sounded like a 'knight gripe' - I know it affects everyone.
                  Last edited by R23976527; 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Knights not weak. Deal wiht that. THEY NOT EARLY CLASS PEOPLE YOU KNIGHT HATERS OUT THERE.
                    You have to lvl them up and build them correctly.
                    It your fault for that much honor
                    Game: Wartune
                    Server: 2 Edena Village
                    Class: Mage
                    Name: Mary Magdalene
                    Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                    Flying with the fishes,
                    Or maybe in the Ocean,
                    swimming with the pigeons,
                    See my world is Different.

Comment

I think the high honour loss is good.

It discourages people from ranking up beyond their defendable means.
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        I think the high honour loss is good.

It discourages people from ranking up beyond their defendable means.
                        Totally true. I agree

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                        Flying with the fishes,
                        Or maybe in the Ocean,

Comment

Originally posted by Xhiah View Post
                          Knights not weak. Deal wiht that. THEY NOT EARLY CLASS PEOPLE YOU KNIGHT HATERS OUT THERE.
                          You have to lvl them up and build them correctly.
                          It your fault for that much honor
                          Level 58. At what point does my knight stop being weak? Because it hasn't happened yet.

And please read the thread: this is not a 'knight's are underpowered' point, it is a point about the imbalance between the high penalty for losing a fight in the Battleground and the small gain for winning - which affects all classes (although it does affect weaker classes / lower level players more).

Comment

Level 58. At what point does my knight stop being weak? Because it hasn't happened yet.

And please read the thread: this is not a 'knight's are underpowered' point, it is a point about the imbalance between the high penalty for losing a fight in the Battleground and the small gain for winning - which affects all classes (although it does affect weaker classes / lower level players more).
                            you prob didn't build your knight as a tank or a hyrbid. You probably built it going the DPS route if you die that much. If that is the case you built it wrong. If you did build it the tank/hybrid way and still lose so much. Then you probably go after too many mages that you can't beat. Go after the archers and the knights. Stay away from most mages since they are our counter. Unless you have the cash to build up mdef as high as possible it is obv you will lose against mages much easier.

Comment

I wasn't dealing with your comment sir.
                              I was talking to ppl who saided that knights are weak.

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                              Flying with the fishes,
                              Or maybe in the Ocean,

Comment