Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xhiah View Post
    I wasn't dealing with your comment sir.
    I was talking to ppl who saided that knights are weak.
    I guess he must have mistaken someone quoting him and talking about what he said.

New troops make knights alot less effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Patyfatycake View Post

I guess he must have mistaken someone quoting him and talking about what he said.
      Ha ha - I couldn't have put it better Paty! :-)

Comment

But again this is not a thread about knights being weak, it's about the imbalance between the massive honour penalty for losing a Battleground fight and the tiny honour reward for winning one. They need evening out.

Comment

Originally posted by R23976527 View Post
          But again this is not a thread about knights being weak,
          To be fair - you did kinda start the knights being weak thing in your OP.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            To be fair - you did kinda start the knights being weak thing in your OP.
            Yes, but only because it disproportionately affects 'weaker' players - whether by level or class.

Case in point (for the balance thing, but it also illustrates the knight thing coincidentally): Battleground just opened. I got to the ore twice cleanly, (5 honour points - woop woop!), then on the third run got attacked by a mage of the same level as me. Massively outclassed, I lost and there went 148 honour points. If I win four fights at the usual 35 honour per win I won't have even got back to where I started. And that's a big if. Why aren't the win benefits and loss penalties even?

Comment

Same player (who is dominating the battlefield, unstoppable and close to a god, so it isn't just me losing by being rubbish!) just hit me again for another 148 honour.

Seriously, I am giving up on Battlegrounds until the honour thing gets re-balanced.

Comment

Why aren't the win benefits and loss penalties even?
                Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                It discourages people from ranking up beyond their defendable means.
                This is why.
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Whether you want to admit it or not, the honor system is absolutely terrible and is only their to encourage high level VIP. Especially factoring in the current BG system. They made it so people are on more even grounds, making high kill to death ratios harder to achieve but didn't reduce the amount you lose while dying. If you honestly think that's a good system, I'm gonna recommend you never go gambling.

For those who hate BG's, like myself, unfortunately the best route is to camp at the high end of your bracket. The 50-59 bracket isn't too bad for a light casher. In the upper 30 to lower 40k BR range, you should have no problem gaining every time, even capping most days. It'll take some work, but with so many BG's now, it's doable. Don't be afraid to bail out of one when the opposing team is stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
                    Whether you want to admit it or not, the honor system is absolutely terrible and is only their to encourage high level VIP. Especially factoring in the current BG system. They made it so people are on more even grounds, making high kill to death ratios harder to achieve but didn't reduce the amount you lose while dying. If you honestly think that's a good system, I'm gonna recommend you never go gambling.

For those who hate BG's, like myself, unfortunately the best route is to camp at the high end of your bracket. The 50-59 bracket isn't too bad for a light casher. In the upper 30 to lower 40k BR range, you should have no problem gaining every time, even capping most days. It'll take some work, but with so many BG's now, it's doable. Don't be afraid to bail out of one when the opposing team is stacked.
                    Ya I agree with you on this. I believe the honor system needs a revamp. The honor loss is much of a loss and it doesn't just discourage people from over ranking but discourages people from even trying to rank up at all. Once you hit crusader you are in bounds of losing 200+ honor. For non-cashers that don't get vip they will never be able to rank up since one they won't reach the power as cashers have, and two they don't have vip 5+ to protect there losses.

As zaaqen stated the system right now just encourages people to buy vip. That vip must be a must to play this game. VIP shouldn't be a must thing to buy. It should be something that is special to paying players and allow them to get more benefits. I.E. no cds on buildings, better xp, etc. Once you put in something like no honor loss or less honor loss it becomes a must buy type of thing. People shouldn't be afraid to rank up in this game. People shouldn't be afraid to go into BG. I think there should be some type of penalty and there should be a dryad boost out there, but the penalty and buff boost shouldn't be as how it is now. it should be cut down tremendously. Maybe make dryad stack by 5% each time you die from the same person. Not from multiple people.

Comment

But again this is not a thread about knights being weak, it's about the imbalance between the massive honour penalty for losing a Battleground fight and the tiny honour reward for winning one. They need evening out.
                      No duh.
                      PPlease stop accusing me of saying this when I stopped.
                      Game: Wartune
                      Server: 2 Edena Village
                      Class: Mage
                      Name: Mary Magdalene
                      Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                      Flying with the fishes,
                      Or maybe in the Ocean,
                      swimming with the pigeons,
                      See my world is Different.

Comment

Seriously, I get 35 honour for every win in the Battleground - and I win very few, because I'm a knight so lose a lot because of being the weakest class. Then I lose and it's anything up to 300 honour for one loss, even against players the same level as me. It's just ridiculous.
                        And right here! You did say knights are the weakest class.
                        ANymore proof?
                        Game: Wartune
                        Server: 2 Edena Village
                        Class: Mage
                        Name: Mary Magdalene
                        Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                        Flying with the fishes,
                        Or maybe in the Ocean,
                        swimming with the pigeons,
                        See my world is Different.

Comment

but hey! knights are now the weakest class in the game!

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
                            but hey! knights are now the weakest class in the game!
                            Stop with that ****. They are not the weakest class in the game. You just need to know what you are doing. Yes they do have more flaws now but it is still doable.

Comment

yea this thing with honor lose must be fixed cuz you lose to much honor when you are killed i am lv 55 knight and i lost 400 honor 2 times in 1 bg cuz of this wekest player with very much dryad if you face up with one lv 50-54 with 50+ dryad u r finshed and to much honor lose " i repet this honor lose is to unbalnced for win and lose 35 per win and 400 per lose it make's you to don't enter in any bg doesn't matter how strong you are if you meet 1 player with veryyyyy much dryad 2 or tree times you lose insted 1k+ honor"

Comment

Working...
                              X