X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna know how BLOCK works. =((

Guy's im having a problem.
    im a mage with 25k BR just turn lvl50.
    and theres a mage also with 19k BR lvl48.
    guess what? he beat me in Arena. so i fought back to regain my rank. and i learn something why he keeps beatin' me.
    although im above almost all stats MatK,Mdef etc.. just this one, hes block rate is 1.5K!!! i check he's astrals and yes he's wearing purple block astral as extension astral while i got a purple godess blessing. we both same lvl5 of those astrals.
    I wanna know how this astrals works., every details.
    some say'e every 100block hits 3% chance. how about the damage been block? any idea pls.
    Ex: 1k block means 30% chance to block 1k damage?!! is that how it is?!.. post worth knowing pls! thank you so much!

First off. 100=3% is a rumour that's been going on for ever. IT IS FALSE.
    I do not know a correct working formula of block ... but anyway. When you block, you recieve about 2/3 of the normal dmg.

2ndly: compare your skill tree to eachother, if you have dd and he have heal.. he should win cuz heal tree mage outlasts a dd mage (if the fight doesnt take tooooooo loooong)
    3rdly: Do not look at battle rating, instead: what is your mdefs/matks. Does he have EWD and you dont?
    Can go on about many other factors, but these are the main factors

Comment

tnx for youre idea krackenker., the mage i was talkin' about and me have same EWD lvl4..,
      and yes i will compare the skill tree by watching what he uses on arena.
      .. its just annoying while seein' my attacks to him turns' "dodge-dodge". . .
      tnx again! ill check every details.

Comment

Block increases both block chance and damage blocked, but the formula isn't linear, and is therefore kind of hard to find out. However, some claim that 100 block = 3% is a good approximation for this formula for block values of around 1k. Meaning, 1k block might be a 30% block chance (even though I believe it's less than that) but 2k block won't be 60% (more like 40%).

I'm not certain about this either but I read somewhere that damage blocked is 30-70% of total damage. It is supposed to increase very slowly with the block stat, if I'm right. From what I've seen, you might be able to block 40-50% damage with 2k block.

The question is - can you beat his AI? Or can he just beat yours? If you can beat him, this is no reason for concern - I have beaten people 10 levels and 5k BR above me simply through them badly using spells. Check if you have equipped some spells not useful in the PvP. Also, mage AI sometimes uses single target spells in the beginning, which gives the other guy a huge advantage.

Comment

I'm no knight but, I do notice that even if they have lets say 1500 block in lvl 50~, they aren't blocking at 3/10 or more, Mostly less.

But I would love to see if anybody has recorded all hits & w/e you can do to test this out X:

As for the questions asked.

How much is your Magic def in comparasion? If you have about 4k and he 6k, then the match is done there already. (Not saying it is like that, but magic def diffrence makes HUGE impact on mage v mage.

Further more, does the other mage use healing skills`If one mage hit on another without using healing skills, while the other use healing skills and got sufficient stats to keep up, the one who heal will win.
          Kinda like krack said
          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
          Mage: Existence (G.M)
          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Personally I think block and crit depends upon how much Damage is being dealt too. I notice that if they have high def, I don't crit as much and they block more.
            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Firstly:

Armour.

The full four piece 45 set offers a negative buff of 1500 points off your enemies MDEF.

If you only have 3 pieces of this set - and they have all 4 - they're gonna rip you a new one very quickly.

Secondly:

When you're offline - your astrals no longer work.

So if they attacked you while you were ofline - you had a lot less BR.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

wikedsilk: tnx! yes i can beat his AI but 1/5 worst is he always beat my AI, thats why his blocking gets under my nerves.
                Last edited by czero01; 04-07-2013, 06:54 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

my block rate ever hit 2200, but I never saw I can block 40% incoming attack. most likely 15%, it has been said block got nerfed since patch.
                  Besides, during 60+ battle, the damage you can deduct is very tiny. I would say block astral is your last choice by now.

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                  Block increases both block chance and damage blocked, but the formula isn't linear, and is therefore kind of hard to find out. However, some claim that 100 block = 3% is a good approximation for this formula for block values of around 1k. Meaning, 1k block might be a 30% block chance (even though I believe it's less than that) but 2k block won't be 60% (more like 40%).

I'm not certain about this either but I read somewhere that damage blocked is 30-70% of total damage. It is supposed to increase very slowly with the block stat, if I'm right. From what I've seen, you might be able to block 40-50% damage with 2k block.

The question is - can you beat his AI? Or can he just beat yours? If you can beat him, this is no reason for concern - I have beaten people 10 levels and 5k BR above me simply through them badly using spells. Check if you have equipped some spells not useful in the PvP. Also, mage AI sometimes uses single target spells in the beginning, which gives the other guy a huge advantage.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                  Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                  Character Name: Halifax

Comment

I don't have any new info, I'm sorry. What I've got is likely outdated, but I don't think it's that far off the mark.

I'm an archer and have about 180 block (yeah, I know). I block about 1 in a 100 attacks (maybe a bit more often) but I block at least 25% damage every time (again, possibly more, but with the floating damage you can never be quite sure) I used to have 450 block at some point and I blocked a bit more often, but I can't really say if it used to block more damage. The difference is insignificant. Sometimes I use a yellow block astral but I haven't really used it often enough yet to say much (just a week or so).

Anyway, more ontopic:

OP already said that he had the rest of the stats higher than his opponent for those asking.

It is odd that this should happen, but it's possible that the AI is using the optimal strategy while you might be healing too much or doing something somehow wrong. A few other things could affect this too - like troop positioning. However, generally you should still be able to beat him more times than he beats you. I'm not entirely sure what's happening, sorry.

Maybe we could explain this if you checked a few things: Who deals more damage when attacking? Does he have more rage from clothes (that doesn't give BR)?

Another strange thing is that he doesn't have talents (so no 5% damage reduction and you can stun him for free, also some spell effects). Also (again, this is a guess), when you fight a higher level player you deal 5% less damage, so he should deal another 5% less.

Comment

Ive tested block on several block levels: 200 block, 600 block, 1400 block, 1800 block ( unfortunately couldnt go higher block at the time). The block rate turned out to be 100 block = 1.15%. For all the cases I tested with over 1k atks so i can say 100 block = 1.10-1.20 % with 95% probability. So you can work with these percentages.
                      Class: Knight
                      Level: 6x

"I am not a rabbit"

Comment

Working...
                      X