How do the Knights out there defeat the new Troops, suggestions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had fun reading this...

What about non-cashers who don't have clothes? Even if the non-cashers now get all the 3 clothes from the hot event, then that amounts the initial rage to 45 which is still not enough for WW. They can't do WW at the first turn, so it is either slasher, ultislash or shield they could at the start.

(Oh well, there is the free balens section, I forgot... lol, but, well, um, it is up to them... lol)

If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
    -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Well as a mage ill tell you what i hate when fighting knights:

1 thing most knights dont build up is their MDEF and HP, i dont know why but with the natural high PDEF on the knight armors, EVERY knight should aim to get high hp and mdef, it sucks a lot when im fighting knights with 11k-13k+ mdef and 50k hp, even if their att/EWD levels are average to high, they can mean trouble a lot of
      the time (since the fights keep going on and once they start getting the +%dmg bonus from time, they hit very hard.

Another thing to note is the agoran/reverse combo, most mages til the high-end levels are around the 30-35k hp mark (at most) and with the double hits from rof
      and meteor, reverse @ start followed by agoran then the usual dmg skills can weaken the mage considerably as well (maxed agoran with high HP and good MDEF is just great lol).

Things not to do: Dont do holy seal unless you are 100% certain its gonna land, it has the same delay like WW or delphic which basically is giving 2 turns to the mage (and u dont want this), and even if holy seal lands its sometimes not good unless its 2 turns+.

Dont attack PVE mages unless you are 100% certain they will go down fast, im a pve mage with lv68 templars and 1500 charisma (with maxed academy) and i cant count the times knights charged on me @ BG with me having less than half HP and it was a healing fest with the knight QQing about "you cheating! you cant spam that many skills!" lol, if possible knights should focus on archers of their same BR or lower BR mages.

And to end, dont build a glass cannon knight because those are the meat we mages want, you can have 18k patt with lv7 EWD but if u have 35k hp and 8k MDEF, you-will-lose!!

Comment

I am a non-casher knight, and really feel hard to oppose mage.

This is my method:

1. Slasher
        2. WW
        3. Slasher/Ultimate Slasher (base on the HP of troop, if high then US)
        4. Slasher/Auto till troop died

I am lvl 65, 44K BR, and can hardly oppose mage with same BR

I can only beat mage with around 40K BR, my 8K MDEF is really not enough to oppose =/
        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
        IGN: Kimwong
        CLASS: Knight
        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

you are trying to mislead ppl, you suggested all knights should only focus on "mdef", it might work when knights only face mages, but knights will lose the fight against two other classed who specialize in patk (knights themselves and archers). The knights have to take care of both mdef and pdef, it is pain on a ss

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
          Well as a mage ill tell you what i hate when fighting knights:

1 thing most knights dont build up is their MDEF and HP, i dont know why but with the natural high PDEF on the knight armors, EVERY knight should aim to get high hp and mdef, it sucks a lot when im fighting knights with 11k-13k+ mdef and 50k hp, even if their att/EWD levels are average to high, they can mean trouble a lot of
          the time (since the fights keep going on and once they start getting the +%dmg bonus from time, they hit very hard.

Another thing to note is the agoran/reverse combo, most mages til the high-end levels are around the 30-35k hp mark (at most) and with the double hits from rof
          and meteor, reverse @ start followed by agoran then the usual dmg skills can weaken the mage considerably as well (maxed agoran with high HP and good MDEF is just great lol).

Things not to do: Dont do holy seal unless you are 100% certain its gonna land, it has the same delay like WW or delphic which basically is giving 2 turns to the mage (and u dont want this), and even if holy seal lands its sometimes not good unless its 2 turns+.

Dont attack PVE mages unless you are 100% certain they will go down fast, im a pve mage with lv68 templars and 1500 charisma (with maxed academy) and i cant count the times knights charged on me @ BG with me having less than half HP and it was a healing fest with the knight QQing about "you cheating! you cant spam that many skills!" lol, if possible knights should focus on archers of their same BR or lower BR mages.

And to end, dont build a glass cannon knight because those are the meat we mages want, you can have 18k patt with lv7 EWD but if u have 35k hp and 8k MDEF, you-will-lose!!

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
          Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
          Character Name: Halifax

Comment

i'm a non-casher, lvl64 br 42k knight with lvl64 temps. there are some basic things that you need to understand as a knight in pvp or pve against other players, and some things you need to do to be competitive. you also have to understand that knights aren't built to kill quickly, the longer the fight the better it is for us. first things first: get your temps up to your level asap. this means getting in every wb you can and buffing so you can get max daru. don't neglect them in academy either as they can add 50% of your damage per round. second, get in front of your troops. you'll take more damage but knowing when to shield is going to be the difference. third, understand your opponent. there are some you just won't be able to beat until you and your troops get stronger so don't lose too much sleep over it (and stop wasting runes). on the other hand, archers are still your favorite food as long as you play it smart. i've also discovered that the shadow thrasher is my new best friend while leveling it up to lvl4 for tenacity and apollo's sheild. it's good damage and 35 rage and has a 1 second cd, which means that, unlike your delph, you can use it early and often in a fight. it's also good against shielded knights because of it's multiple attack per use. (if you have reverse up to lvl2 or 3, it might not be a bad idea either).

so, with all these things at my disposal, my first order of business in a fight is to chop down the temps one at a time. slash/utl slash will do the job and get me to at least 80 rage in 3-4 turns, at which point i can start to include the shadow thrasher. notice i didn't mention ww. it's long cd and high rage cost put it up there with the delph as a one-time use per fight, and it's not worth it for the damage it does against temps. be patient and chop down the troops first, and once you get to your opponent you should be close to the 50% damage bonus and have rage for your ult, which should take at least 1/3 off his hp. you may want to shield just before the 60 second timer is up for the same reason, as you'd hate to get so close just to lose because the hits got too hard for you. if you've survived this long you're in good shape, and if you have one of both of your troops left, it should be a win for you.

now obviously, this won't work against OP mages who will aoe you to death in 3 or 4 rounds, and you'll have trouble with a tanky archer, but nobody wins them all. oh and another thing, somebody said to get warlocks...BAD IDEA. i see warlocks on the other side and it's an automatic win for me. so what they have aoe but it's more like snowflakes than damage and they can't take a hit from a knight. my temps can withstand a lot and they pack a punch.
            Last edited by R26326601; 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Ok...I am lvl 68 knight .....doing talent and not lvling tilll get legend 60 gears. I can suggest u as a knight. Firstly, If u have initial rage 50+ do whirlwind if u see opponent is at rear and his troops in front...then try to get his troops down as fast as possible. After that when time bonus is so close get shield and f8. Secondly, If u see opponent is in front and troops are at rear ...don't ever try whirlwind.....just just use slasher and ultimate slasher him and eventually do delphic destroyer or take out his rage...kill him b4 hitting his troops. Hope it helps u a lil. Thank you. *I am a poor knight...hehe*

Comment

you are a knight and you only have 42k br while you are already lvl 64, I pretty sure you always get dryad blessing in 60+ bg. so your experience doesn't interest me.

Originally posted by R26326601 View Post
                i'm a non-casher, lvl64 br 42k knight with lvl64 temps. there are some basic things that you need to understand as a knight in pvp or pve against other players, and some things you need to do to be competitive. you also have to understand that knights aren't built to kill quickly, the longer the fight the better it is for us. first things first: get your temps up to your level asap. this means getting in every wb you can and buffing so you can get max daru. don't neglect them in academy either as they can add 50% of your damage per round. second, get in front of your troops. you'll take more damage but knowing when to shield is going to be the difference. third, understand your opponent. there are some you just won't be able to beat until you and your troops get stronger so don't lose too much sleep over it (and stop wasting runes). on the other hand, archers are still your favorite food as long as you play it smart. i've also discovered that the shadow thrasher is my new best friend while leveling it up to lvl4 for tenacity and apollo's sheild. it's good damage and 35 rage and has a 1 second cd, which means that, unlike your delph, you can use it early and often in a fight. it's also good against shielded knights because of it's multiple attack per use. (if you have reverse up to lvl2 or 3, it might not be a bad idea either).

so, with all these things at my disposal, my first order of business in a fight is to chop down the temps one at a time. slash/utl slash will do the job and get me to at least 80 rage in 3-4 turns, at which point i can start to include the shadow thrasher. notice i didn't mention ww. it's long cd and high rage cost put it up there with the delph as a one-time use per fight, and it's not worth it for the damage it does against temps. be patient and chop down the troops first, and once you get to your opponent you should be close to the 50% damage bonus and have rage for your ult, which should take at least 1/3 off his hp. you may want to shield just before the 60 second timer is up for the same reason, as you'd hate to get so close just to lose because the hits got too hard for you. if you've survived this long you're in good shape, and if you have one of both of your troops left, it should be a win for you.

now obviously, this won't work against OP mages who will aoe you to death in 3 or 4 rounds, and you'll have trouble with a tanky archer, but nobody wins them all. oh and another thing, somebody said to get warlocks...BAD IDEA. i see warlocks on the other side and it's an automatic win for me. so what they have aoe but it's more like snowflakes than damage and they can't take a hit from a knight. my temps can withstand a lot and they pack a punch.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax View Post
                  you are a knight and you only have 42k br while you are already lvl 64, I pretty sure you always get dryad blessing in 60+ bg. so your experience doesn't interest me.
                  Not only that, he suggests sitting in front of your troops, while this might be good in duels in BG it's gonna get you killed quicker than anything.

Only time a knight should be in front of troops in BG was when we had the lovely healing angels
                  Blizzarea
                  S147
                  Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

The new troops aren't that big of a problem really. The problem is the player with those troops. As a knight...don't expect to beat a mage. Its not that the mage is OP or anything its just that your class isn't designed to beat them. I just lol so hard when knights complain that they can't beat mages...kinda reason for that.

I really don't think the whole using WW at the start of the fight is a good idea tbh. Like its been said it does have a slow attack speed. When I use WW it depends on what I'm facing really. If the other player is doing minimal damage to me then I really don't need to worry about WW as I'll shred those troops fast enough without it. If they're doing some damage to me I'll pop a WW to do some significant damage to the temps. Then its just slasher/ulti slasher till they're dead. I rarely use a bubble in fights now simply because I have other skills that are useful. ST is a very useful skill IF maxed out and you have the pve set. Slasher/ST till the enemy is dead really.

But there is a caveat here. Suggestions are pointless if you don't have the BR or skill set or even stats to make it work. Ultimately the best way to win in games like these is through good ol trial and error. Try different combos and see what works. You'll get all kinds of "guides" in the forum and some of them aren't worth the time it took to type them up. So best advice I can give experiment.
                    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                    BR: 67K
                    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                      Not only that, he suggests sitting in front of your troops, while this might be good in duels in BG it's gonna get you killed quicker than anything.

Only time a knight should be in front of troops in BG was when we had the lovely healing angels
                      you have your opinion and i have mine, especially when the question was posed to non-casher knights (who most likely won't have sufficient clothing to start with 50 rage). additionally, against the knight's achilles heel, the mage, being in front doesn't make a difference (and not much more of a difference against an archer). unless you're particularly weak (and even with my lowly 42k br, i'm not), the damage you sustain from the opponents' troops isn't enough to make a difference. keeping your own troops away from theirs is more important, especially when it comes down to the end of the battle and that extra 1 or 2k damage they can provide against your opponent will be the deciding factor (my temps actually have actually finished a couple of fights for me).

lol...and to halifax the uninformed, most of my kills are without dryad, and i've yet to keep dryads long. we all run up against someone stronger than us, the key is to be able to beat those with whom we are evenly matched (within 1-2k br), and i do just fine. keep playing cash checkers while i play f2p chess.

Comment

Originally posted by R26326601 View Post
                        you have your opinion and i have mine, especially when the question was posed to non-casher knights (who most likely won't have sufficient clothing to start with 50 rage). additionally, against the knight's achilles heel, the mage, being in front doesn't make a difference (and not much more of a difference against an archer). unless you're particularly weak (and even with my lowly 42k br, i'm not), the damage you sustain from the opponents' troops isn't enough to make a difference. keeping your own troops away from theirs is more important, especially when it comes down to the end of the battle and that extra 1 or 2k damage they can provide against your opponent will be the deciding factor (my temps actually have actually finished a couple of fights for me).

lol...and to halifax the uninformed, most of my kills are without dryad, and i've yet to keep dryads long. we all run up against someone stronger than us, the key is to be able to beat those with whom we are evenly matched (within 1-2k br), and i do just fine. keep playing cash checkers while i play f2p chess.
                        I start with stun, asfaik u dun need cash to stun, just patience to sit at the same level for weeks and weeks...
                        Blizzarea
                        S147
                        Epic

Comment

I start with stun, asfaik u dun need cash to stun, just patience to sit at the same level for weeks and weeks...
                          stun is a gamble in 60 bg...it's either a great move or a lost turn. i've chosen to race to 66 before i touch my hs and talents, so i'm vulnerable but willing to gamble that i can absorb the damage i take for 1 or 2 turns (and hopefully not 3). i see a lot of people mentioning that starting with stun allows you to follow with ult slasher for additional damage to the opponent rather than the troops. the problem is that your next hit is going to be slasher against the front row, which now makes the troops your only target until they're dead (unless the person you're fighting is that weak and you were going to win anyway). that's why i focus on the troops first. get them out of your way and all of your attacks are focused and, as a result, more effective.

Comment

Its not so much a gamble when you're level 68...
                            Blizzarea
                            S147
                            Epic

Comment

Its not so much a gamble when you're level 68...
                              hahahaha... that point it's not holy seal, it's "holy ****, will i get a turn???"

Comment

my sugestion for noncasher. stay lvl 58-59 forvever. come for bg- gb -arena only. in my sever some ppl doing this and they almost reach Lord divine at lvl 59

Comment

Working...
                                X