Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawn camping either in Battlegrounds for Guild Battle. Can you get banned for that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn camping either in Battlegrounds for Guild Battle. Can you get banned for that?

So I don't think it is bannable offense to do that. i do think it is rude and dumb for others to do that though. However, while browsing on another website Aeria games Wartune it is considered harassment and can be banned for that. Now since that is on a different website and different companies have different rules. Does that have the same effect for R2 games as well? If so then I do not know why they don't just allow you to cross those lines in the first place. If it iis against the rules then why can you cross the line? Makes no sense.

It's not bannable (yet) under R2Games' rule.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Aeria games are stupid.

It's a tactic and a strategy to win.
      Send in best players to spawn camp opponents. Rest of the guild attacks Ward Tower. Same thing for Battlegrounds.
      Sure it might be low and dirty handed, but it's still a tactic to be used for guild battles.

Personally, NOT spawn camping is offensive and rude. If you think you're too good to fight, then don't enter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        Aeria games are stupid.

Send in best players to spawn camp opponents. Rest of the guild attacks Ward Tower. Same thing for Battlegrounds.
        Sure it might be low and dirty handed, but it's still a tactic to be used for guild battles.

Personally, NOT spawn camping is offensive and rude. If you think you're too good to fight, then don't enter at all.
        This approach is the "win-at-all-cost" approach.
        The other approach is the "I am chivalrous" (or, I pretend to be) approach.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          It's not bannable (yet) under R2Games' rule.
          This .

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            This approach is the "win-at-all-cost" approach.
            The other approach is the "I am chivalrous" (or, I pretend to be) approach.
            The purpose is to win, should you not seize every advantage you can gain? If you have two evenly matched teams, would having a few people in their spawn killing people and keeping them there not provide an advantage?
            I can say defending towers is a cheap tactic. Using a 4 man advantage over anyone who tries to attack it. Only way to claim it is to be stronger than the defenders. Hit it as a team and pray you're better...Hit it as one and lose to 4.
            Hitting Ward tower is a cheap tactic....
            All tactics to win a dirty and cheap. Alls fair in love and war.

Comment

The purpose is to win, should you not seize every advantage you can gain? If you have two evenly matched teams, would having a few people in their spawn killing people and keeping them there not provide an advantage?
              I can say defending towers is a cheap tactic. Using a 4 man advantage over anyone who tries to attack it. Only way to claim it is to be stronger than the defenders. Hit it as a team and pray you're better...Hit it as one and lose to 4.
              Hitting Ward tower is a cheap tactic....
              All tactics to win a dirty and cheap. Alls fair in love and war.
              All of those other tactics have merit though. Spawnkilling is in poor taste and many guilds usually back off of that area.

Comment

Spawn camping is only in poor taste to those who can't defend themselves enough to keep it from happening. I'm just saying.

It's all in the POV of the situation. Just because someone else says something is wrong, doesn't make it so.

We had a guild that we usually crushed in under the 20 minute mark repeatedly whine and complain that some of our players where spawn camping them. We decided that we would reign in some of our more enthusiastic fighters and let them spawn and meet them outside of spawn ground the next time we faced them. Fair, right?

They used the opportunity to bring in more people for the next GB, and not necessarily those who I believe were always members of the guild to be honest. The ensuing battle wound up lasting around a half an hour and even though we still won, we lost about half the rewards we would normally have gotten.

You can bet after that, all bets are now off.
                ChieftainRez
                Knight
                VictisHNR
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

If you don't like being spawn campped, just leave and the GB will end.

Comment

I don't have a problem with spawn camping in GB. The results of the battle are the same if you get killed in spawn, or a little down the road, so you don't lose anything from being stuck in spawn. Yes, lose the battle, but if you get spawn camped, you'll probably lose no matter what.

In BG it's different for me, because there spawn camping prevents people from carting, getting crystals and the BG chests, which helps them grow in game. Therefor I won't tolerate spawn campers camping in front of my team's spawn, and will send them on a trip back to their own spawn whenever I see them.

Comment

If you get spawn camped in BG, you should have enough dryads after 2-3 deaths to kill them?

Comment

I agree with creamy.

I think in GB it can be done. I mean if you're outclassed that much you need to work on your BR or recruit better players. You are going to lose anyways if your guildies are that low of BR. I mean I'm in a mid level guild and we try to form walls of our lower level players to block good players from attacking our ward. So in the same sense I don't think it's a big deal if higher level players of theirs try to block our lower level players from doing so. It's all strategy. People who complain about this in GB seriously need to think about raising their players or just giving up lol its a game

I think for BG it's kind of poor taste, but definitely not a bannable offense. It's up to the individual whether they wish to do so or not. You can choose to be rude or not, but I would't get real mad if a player spwaned my camp. I 'd just run away from him lol...part of the game and you will get to that level some day too if u put in effort

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                          If you get spawn camped in BG, you should have enough dryads after 2-3 deaths to kill them?
                          Depends on your spawn camper and target. I've seen quite a few seriously OP'd spawn campers picking on tiny peeps. Where 150% dryads would not be enough to redress the balance.

all in all I agree with creamy, in GB while maybe not the friendliest tactic it's not gonna change the game outcome if you're that over whelmed.

In BG's though - I really dislike it as a tactic. I generally only cart in BG. But I will actively hunt peeps I see spawn camping.
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Aeria games are stupid.

right on man whats next we cant kill girl characters this is wartune not peacetune
                            Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

I think it's in poor taste but not against the rules. But you can always, especially in Guild Battles, team up to take them out. We do that quite often when they send a heavy hitter over. Four on one works everywhere not just on towers

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Working...
                              X