Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Spawn camping either in Battlegrounds for Guild Battle. Can you get banned for that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In GB, if you are outclassed and standing in your spawn, I think it is poor taste of the other team to sit there and kill over and over again. Have mercy on the poor hp for crying out loud! Most show respect and dont go past the tower in our guild and usually other teams do the same. I have seen it as a tactic where 4 go in and rush the spawn, but when you have 4 towers and are beating down the tower, leave me alone when I'm sitting in my spawn and not trying to fight back. However, 1 tactic, that most forget about, is to use the invulnerability when you are in spawn. At least it gives you a minute where you cant be attacked. Or is it 90 seconds.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

they could easily solve this by making it impossible for enemy teams to enter the spawn zone. then we wouldnt have to talk about if its a reason to get banned or not.
      also bg or gb is the same thing to me. i never considered preventing people from getting their carts a bad thing. dont get me wrong, i always let them but if people really cared about winning in bgs, then it would be a smart and valid strategy to stop others before they get to their carts.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
        Depends on your spawn camper and target. I've seen quite a few seriously OP'd spawn campers picking on tiny peeps. Where 150% dryads would not be enough to redress the balance.

all in all I agree with creamy, in GB while maybe not the friendliest tactic it's not gonna change the game outcome if you're that over whelmed.

In BG's though - I really dislike it as a tactic. I generally only cart in BG. But I will actively hunt peeps I see spawn camping.
        I going to spawn camp your face!
        ChieftainRez
        Knight
        VictisHNR
        [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

If you are against an active opponent then I would say that camping in the spawn point is acceptable.

Some lower guilds join the GB and ask not to be attacked in the spawn point, and offer no resistance to hitting their ward tower.
          In this case I believe it unacceptable to enter the spawn point as it will have no direct effect on the battle. Killing someone in the spawn point who is not offering resistance should be frowned upon.

Comment

On our server we mock the people that come into spawn zone to kill the little players. Almost all of the guilds now will no longer do it. Of course there are those that think they are actually doing something by attacking in the spawn zone. And other than showing they have no class, and are to scared to hit the ward tower, the only thing they show is they are making up for a small inadequacy if you catch my drift. Killing in spawn zone gets you no points, and if it is a guild that can not possibly beat you thru numbers or strength then spawn killing is just showing how big a rear end you are. If you want the fight to end faster, as was mentioned, hit the ward tower as that WILL actually get you points and end the fight faster.
            Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
            Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
            #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
            #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

really...spawn camping in gb as harassment??? is an individual targeted? no. while it could be considered offensive, it is not universally accepted as offensive, and is far down the list of things i've seen in-game that would even cause me a moment of distress. looking at the r2 terms of service, it would be an extreme stretch to classify spawn camping as harassment or offensive behavior. additionally, teams are rewarded for killing their opponent quickly, so what do you expect to have happen? finally, it reminds me of what is said about teams in sports who run up the score: if you don't want the score to be run up on you, stop them. recruit stronger players, get smarter at playing the game, or if you can't beat em, join em.

as far as spawn camping in bg goes, that is a little bit of a different story but the premise is almost the same: kill as quickly as possible and move on to the next one. while it can be said that one individual is targeting another (i can remember bgs where a player let others go by so he could attack me 8-10 times), in the end, they're helping their team by stopping the opponent from scoring (pulling carts). oh, you forgot that bg is also a team battle? it is, and the object is for one team to outscore the other.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenDeschain View Post
                On our server we mock the people that come into spawn zone to kill the little players. Almost all of the guilds now will no longer do it. Of course there are those that think they are actually doing something by attacking in the spawn zone. And other than showing they have no class, and are to scared to hit the ward tower, the only thing they show is they are making up for a small inadequacy if you catch my drift. Killing in spawn zone gets you no points, and if it is a guild that can not possibly beat you thru numbers or strength then spawn killing is just showing how big a rear end you are. If you want the fight to end faster, as was mentioned, hit the ward tower as that WILL actually get you points and end the fight faster.
                Not quite true.

If I go in and spawn camp a guild, and can successfully take out 4 at a time by myself, that is 4 people not preventing my guildies from hitting the ward tower.
                If 5 more people join me, we could keep a large chunk of their guild stuck in the spawn camp while 44 more people attack the ward tower undisturbed.... and finish within the 15minute mark.
                So it's not just about showing off. But, helps you win, and win faster ^^

Against #3 or #4 guilds, I will secure a tower, once it is secured I will run into the spawn and kill for that very reason. Luckily our guild has managed to keep it a fairly even playing field when it comes to the fighting, but we can still safely win through towers.
                Last edited by ElusionM; 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                  I don't have a problem with spawn camping in GB. The results of the battle are the same if you get killed in spawn, or a little down the road, so you don't lose anything from being stuck in spawn. Yes, lose the battle, but if you get spawn camped, you'll probably lose no matter what.

In BG it's different for me, because there spawn camping prevents people from carting, getting crystals and the BG chests, which helps them grow in game. Therefor I won't tolerate spawn campers camping in front of my team's spawn, and will send them on a trip back to their own spawn whenever I see them.
                  I tend to agree with you CS. I heard though have not verified that in gb if you kill them in their spawn you lose points. What's the big difference in killing them at their ward tower vs spawn? It's a battle and you try to win by killing your opponent.

Comment

If they are not fighting you and they just want to be there to show their loyalty, then there is absolutely NO reason to spawn camp and continuously attack them. I'm amazed at how so many of you act. Just pretend for once you weren't in a massive guild.

Does it make you feel better about yourself avoiding the guild's tower and just spawn camping 10 people again and again?? That's harrassment. Completely unnecessary.

Comment

Spawn Camping in GB is okay IMO, since some guilds are desperate to win, and they need the rewards, of course assuming that there are only like 10-20 people active in that guild :P.
                      Spawn Camping in BG isn't ok, since that would be basically harrassment. It's just as bad as attacking a player over and over again.
                      Character Name: Piman
                      Server: Kabam S15
                      Class: Mage
                      Level: 55 Finally
                      Some Awesome Tank War Scores :D

Comment

Well it sure should be a rule to get banned from spawn camping. Especially when the other guild has a kid for a guild master and doesn't give a rats *** about how many of his guild are spawn camping.
                        Last edited by R28452417; 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

ther is diffrences of camp BG or GB if you think only GB is ok then you is wrong if you think only is ok then all camp is ok, but up to player if ther want to camp if you camp on say GB then donr cry if you team get camp on BG.

Comment

Originally posted by kim346 View Post
                            Spawn Camping in GB is okay IMO, since some guilds are desperate to win, and they need the rewards, of course assuming that there are only like 10-20 people active in that guild :P.
                            Spawn Camping in BG isn't ok, since that would be basically harrassment. It's just as bad as attacking a player over and over again.
                            That logic really fails because anyone in bg is desperate to win also. And they think they get more rewards by spawn camping players in bg. So there really is little difference.
                            Spawn Camping in GB is also harrassment. It's called not letting any player move at all or do anything the second they revive. There's just no excuse. Just sit outside their spawn camp and attack if they try to come out. It's not rocket science!

Comment

Well, since it got to the GB / BG camping discussion here's my grain of salt: You can camp BG as much as you want, eventually the opponent losing over and over will get so much dryad that he will eventually defeat the camper.

On the GB part: if I would be in a small guild VS a big camping guild, I would PRAY that they would be stupid enough to send their whole team camping us. Reason is: After 20 minute mark, the winning team gets LESS honor and insignas, and the LOSING team gets MORE honor and insigna. Basically: the time they waste camping is GOOD for the losing guild. Any big guild having leaders with half a brain will ask their members to 1) get and hold 4 towers and 2) attack the ward to win as soon as possible. If they don't have half a brain, well, too bad for them and good for the small / losing team.

That's it folks!
                              Cheers!
                              Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
                              Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
                              Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
                              Weak warrior

Comment

If you get spawn camped in GB you have lost already.
                                If got get spawn camped in BG you/your team is so much weaker you would die anyway... most ppl dont want to wait for you get the treasure.. cuz they want to win the BG obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X