[ Suggestion ] Farm System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ Suggestion ] Farm System

Well, a few players from s179 where thinking that the ''Steal'' is wrong in farm, cause it's a ''Friend List''

Gandor (A Friend of Mine) came with a simple idea, and i think that would be perfect cause most of people are getting ****** cause of losing croops and all, i know that this is a way to encourage ''Online Time'' but its also a Pain for some players.

Well, his idea is one simple change at the farm:

Steal = You take a % of a plant, stealing it from the owner

Gandor's idea:

Farm Blessing = You can Bless a friend's plant, giving it a boost for some time ( So it would encourage active time anyway ) you get a fix % of a plant (Same as the stealing %), you can bless the plant when its ready, same as stealing, and there is cap at a % of a plant maximum bless, (Inverse Stealing, instead of taking away you boost) That would encourage more people to be online cause they will have blessed plants and you can have extra Daru/Exp/Kyanite/Gold/Etc... on the farm.

Hope r2games like the idea.

Sincerely, Raed.
    Last edited by RaedOfHeLL; 04-08-2013, 06:15 PM.

I like that idea, it would really help because i start to delete friends (people who i like) because they ''steal'' from me. Dont like that but i dont like the fact that people steal from me aswell, if you can help to get more of it, it would be more a FRIEND thing instead of stealing. Great idea and i hope r2games also like it and do something with it

Comment

Isn't it posted somewhere that it's actually profitable to steal from each other?

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        Isn't it posted somewhere that it's actually profitable to steal from each other?
        Sure is, there was a thread with all the calculations. Everyone makes more if they "assist" in harvesting from each other
        ♥Hell♥
        Sybian
        S1 - VictisHNR
        *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

omg, one wrong word in translation....... they call it stealing but really, its sharing. Yes, you make LESS on your farm, but you get to take back so much more. I think I make 10 times as much as I give away. So, change your brain and when it says STEAL replace it with SHARE.
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Hehe, I had someone defriend me because I stole her farm. Yet plundering someone in the wilds, or "stealing" honor in BG is fine... Petty hypocrite is hypocritical. *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
              omg, one wrong word in translation....... they call it stealing but really, its sharing. Yes, you make LESS on your farm, but you get to take back so much more. I think I make 10 times as much as I give away. So, change your brain and when it says STEAL replace it with SHARE.
              No, it is STEALING! If you're making 10 times what you're giving away, that means there is some people somewhere that are loosing out - to the tune of 10 times what you lost. THERE IS NO GAIN IN FARM GOODS BY STEALING!!! 100=100! PERIOD!!! If you think otherwise, you're fooling yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
                No, it is STEALING! If you're making 10 times what you're giving away, that means there is some people somewhere that are loosing out - to the tune of 10 times what you lost. THERE IS NO GAIN IN FARM GOODS BY STEALING!!! 100=100! PERIOD!!! If you think otherwise, you're fooling yourself!
                You are so horribly, horribly wrong.
                You can't lose 200 harvests in a day*, unless you're planting crops that grow very fast. Even if you were, you still aren't likely to lose more than you gain from harvesting 200 times from other farms. You don't think just one person is being harvested from, do you?
                There is no ultimate collective bonus to stealing - the value of any crop doesn't increase, so whatever information you're basing that opinion on is in some way flawed. CondorHero explains why in another topic.
                The idea sounds silly, but it may not be a bad idea.
                My ideas:
                1; Countdown on other players' crops not displayed. Thus, people will not know when the crop is ready, and only the most meticulous of campers will get at them.
                2; Some silly concept where a friend tending your crop increases it's yield, based on your relationship with them (friendship). I can't think of a rationale for this one, but it'd statistically improve the system, since it actually encourages the stealing.
                3; Change the string to "XX took a share of your XX crop", or something, instead of using the dangerous taboo "stole".
                4; Remove it entirely.
                5; "Privileges", allowing only certain friends access to your crops, or something similar. Admittedly, one could argue that just being on your friends list alone is privilege enough, but apparently people took this into account and started removing decent friends from their friends list. Very clever.
                The sarcasm may not have been very obvious.
                6; Ask the player. If they're offline, or busy, the player could choose an automatic "allow" or "disallow" setting, saving them some small amount of trouble.
                7; Don't let people steal until after the owning player harvests, leaving about 10% of the plant remaining (The scraps, say, that the original farmer left behind).

I really think just changing the strings involved would make it much easier to tolerate. Calling it stealing was a bad move.

*Some semantics:
                A crop can be harvested thrice, so assuming 9 plants:
                27 per "farm". Using superior seeds, that's 6 plantings a day (4 hours per plant, 24 hours a day, so 24/4=6), which is therefore:
                27*6=162, which means you could get stolen from as many as 162 times a day on superior seeds, roughly.
                There are other factors, circumstances, and semantics to consider. Based on this information, though, you can't lose more than you gain, unless you farm poorly.
                Last edited by Shadowscarred; 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM. Reason: Semantics are helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                  Hehe, I had someone defriend me because I stole her farm. Yet plundering someone in the wilds, or "stealing" honor in BG is fine... Petty hypocrite is hypocritical. *headdesk*
                  It's not this black and white.

When I am waiting for my crops, and I click on them within seconds, and then see that someone was faster, it tells me they were intentionally, and perhaps systematically, camping my farm. I general unfriend those people, since it goes beyond the opportunistic give and take of the system in my mind; and I am not intentionally camping their farm in return.
                  Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

That is where I draw the line. Those people are actively seeking to take from you. I see that as different to offering a share of your harvest with a helpful community.
                    Not that I don't do it, but usually when the owner isn't aware that their plants will be ready soon, and when I have no power to tell them. I usually leave "special" farms alone if their owner is online, and other farms are too... inferior, for anyone to care, I've noticed.
                    Maybe what I do is morally questionable, but someone else will beat me to the punch if I hesitate (and not the owner), so why should I?

Comment

I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

Harvesting your own plant will produce more than what you get from harvesting another person's plant, regardless of how many people harvest your plant. Other people harvesting my plant is, to me, a small price to pay for the upkeep I am asking them to do. They energize my tree, they weed, they revive, they de-worm and I get the most from the harvest. Win/win by my view.

You don't want me harvesting your plants, then defriend me, or don't friend me, I don't mind. If you are so concerned about the 400 daru that you overlook the fact that I helped progress your farm, then we don't need to be friends.

I am thankful for the help I receive and I willingly share my crops with anyone on my list, guild or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X