Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

    Those people who are sending pm's accusing people of "stealing" their ancient seeds and being campers really need to rethink how this game works. In my estimation, you cannot get the max seeds by just planting your own from quests. You either buy them from the shop or your share with friends. They know very well that people are very excited about this event and these crops are being watched. I was waiting to pick my crops and as soon as they appeared I picked them and still 3 people beat me to it!

    Some were real friends and others just gamers on my friend list. It is not worth it to get mad. I'd rather my real friends get them anyway than someone just on my friend list who I don't really play with.

    All in all, I think the "YOU STOLE MY SEEDS" is very indicative of a truly selfish narrow closed minded and bitter spirit that can't see the fun in sharing and getting more in the long run if we all did it. Plus, I would bet that those same complainers take from other's crops all the time and thus are really hypocrites. Just my 2 cents worth.

  • #2
    you tell them Santa's come to farm lol

    Comment


    • #3
      I dont think you do have the right to put judgement on peole for them not liking their crops stolen. I mean, even the game notes it as "stolen"....

      How can you read a "truly selfish narrow close minded and bitter spirit" out of people simply not wanting their crops to get taken ? What do you know about their reasons ? Maybe the NEVER have the chance of being there in time ? Maybe they themselves just never do it to people on their friendslist simply because they have a different concept regarding crops in effect ?

      Just because you see it as you see it doesnt make you right, and everyone else who sees it different a bad and wrong person. Think about that...

      Comment


      • #4
        First of all, friends don't steal, they share their crops. I guess you don't live in the country where you have a lot of fresh food in your garden, but we do. We have friends and if they wants some tomatoes or bell peppers, peas, carrots come on over and take a handful. It's not like they are emptying the farm. What' you lose 10% by sharing and these friends come over and weed, get rid of bugs and energize your farm. Again. how would you like it if none of your friends energized your farm and yet because the game in it's short mindedness says "Stolen" you see it as a bad thing to share. Again, selfish and narrow minded.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, your righteous attitude really makes it difficult. You dont seem to be willing to accept that other people have a different concept about these things, in game and in real. And that their point of view is just as good - or bad - as yours. Its important for you to bring justifications to be able to judge people and call them "selfish and norrowminded"...why?

          Again, think about this: just because people think differently than you, and have other priorities, neither makes them "selfish and narrowminded" nor bad people in any regard.

          Me personally for instance, I would help friends weed their garden and get rids of bugs - in RL - but NEVER get the Idea to simply take off their crops unasked . Why ? Cos I have no right to do that, and it may be my friends have planned to do something with the crops . If id really need/want something of theirs, id simply walk over and ask - "hey, is it ok if...?"
          Last edited by Kastergir; 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am very much in favor of helping my guildies with this event, so my farm is open season. Ultimately though, to save stress, it will be easier to plan for getting 10 per crop. Consider anything additional a bonus, but plan for the MINIMUM and it'll help you project out what you need to do (steal, buy a box, log on for an extra event right after midnight, etc). Otherwise it's a little like pinning your retirement fund hopes on a lotto ticket.

            For those that plan well, this is doable. If guildies help each other out, then the whole guild grows stronger because more non and low-cashers will be able to get the chocobo.

            Comment


            • #7
              My attitude comes from the negative pm's people are sending to others when in fact I KNOW they take friends crops when it suits them. You know there is an ancient and well accepted attitude of gleaning from neighbors crops and it's not stealing. I think the game made a poor choice in labeling it "Stolen". I have a right to my attitude and yes they have a right to theirs. I just think they are very selfish and narrow minded.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pernilla View Post
                I am very much in favor of helping my guildies with this event, so my farm is open season. Ultimately though, to save stress, it will be easier to plan for getting 10 per crop. Consider anything additional a bonus, but plan for the MINIMUM and it'll help you project out what you need to do (steal, buy a box, log on for an extra event right after midnight, etc). Otherwise it's a little like pinning your retirement fund hopes on a lotto ticket.

                For those that plan well, this is doable. If guildies help each other out, then the whole guild grows stronger because more non and low-cashers will be able to get the chocobo.
                Amen Sistah

                Comment


                • #9
                  I plan to let everyone who managed to remain on my friendslist ( i.e. didnt take unasked ) take freely as much as they need as soon as I have enough Spirits to get the mount. Which will be in around 5 days or so.

                  In regards to an ancient and well accepted attitude of taking from neighbours crops, and it not being stealing - not where I grew up. Youd at least ask bfore you take. But generally, people have killed each other in masses for the last few thousands of years around here mostly to have enough space and fertile land to be able to live...taking unasked, or what is another persons, cost you your hand at least. You know, slavery, later feudal lords and all...
                  Last edited by Kastergir; 04-09-2013, 11:46 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It never ceases to amaze me, the lack of understanding how this game works. Look at the numbers, people! The system will not allow your crops to fall below a certain percentage when 'friends steal'. Now look at how much you can steal. If you 'steal' and your friends 'steal' from you, you both get more than if you each could only harvest your own crops. Get a grip people. It's just a game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Too many assumptions....just not taking into account there are people who rarley get the chance to "steal" but get taken off their crops a lot...simply due to their schedule.

                      To make your above statement become true, if id allow everyone to "steal" of me recklessly, id have to be on idk how many hrs constantly per day to make sure I "resteal" enough to break even. During that time, would have to monitor many farms a lot all the time, to make sure I get off their crops once their ripe for the taking...not even mentioning the max amount of "harvesting" from others farms. Or different lvls of Land upgrades...etc.
                      Last edited by Kastergir; 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
                        Those people who are sending pm's accusing people of "stealing" their ancient seeds and being campers really need to rethink how this game works. In my estimation, you cannot get the max seeds by just planting your own from quests. You either buy them from the shop or your share with friends. They know very well that people are very excited about this event and these crops are being watched. I was waiting to pick my crops and as soon as they appeared I picked them and still 3 people beat me to it!

                        Some were real friends and others just gamers on my friend list. It is not worth it to get mad. I'd rather my real friends get them anyway than someone just on my friend list who I don't really play with.

                        All in all, I think the "YOU STOLE MY SEEDS" is very indicative of a truly selfish narrow closed minded and bitter spirit that can't see the fun in sharing and getting more in the long run if we all did it. Plus, I would bet that those same complainers take from other's crops all the time and thus are really hypocrites. Just my 2 cents worth.
                        I'm okay with being called selfish. Delete/Blacklist is my friend. What I have earned (ancient seeds) or bought (daru/kyan/gold seeds) you aren't entitled to. No matter what excuse you put to it or try to guilt others into, doesn't change that I put in the effort as to whats in my farm and the reward is mine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
                          Too many assumptions....just not taking into account there are people who rarley get the chance to "steal" but get taken off their crops a lot...simply due to their schedule.

                          To make your above statement become true, if id allow everyone to "steal" of me recklessly, id have to be on idk how many hrs constantly per day to make sure I "resteal" enough to break even. During that time, would have to monitor many farms a lot all the time, to make sure I get off their crops once their ripe for the taking...not even mentioning the max amount of "harvesting" from others farms. Or different lvls of Land upgrades...etc.
                          OMG do you really plant crops when you don't know if you'll be around to harvest? I only plant when I'm going to be online. If in doubt, I plant one hour crops and rarely have to have them revived. Almost everyone complains about only being able to harvest a certain number from friends per day, so NO you don't have to hang around all day. After you reach your limit you can't harvest from friends anymore. Most of my friends reach their limit everyday and I doubt they play 24/7. They do have real lives lol.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You fail to understand, many people who dont want their crops taken by others do so cos they have RL lifes also...and it may revolve around other cycles as the games harvesting cycles. Your statment basically tells those people: "dont plant anything at all, you cant be on when its ready anyways...or suk it that its going to be stolen."
                            Last edited by Kastergir; 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well those of you with the "Don't take my crops" attitude better not ever take anyone else crop. I find you live in glass houses most of the time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X