Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fundamental flaw in assuming that everyone gains if you steal from your friends.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    Nah, you're missing the point.

We're having an academic debate. The whole point of my thread is to correct the false claim that "if everyone steals, every benefits".
    If you have no interest in an academic understanding, that's fine.
    YOU may be having an academic debate. All I'm seeing are loads of others being petty about a 'virtual' plant and talking about blacklisting peeps because they take a share of it? If they energize YOUR tree and tend YOUR 'virtual' garden while you're gone then what is the big flipping deal? It's called a GAME ... say it with me ... GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by kurgan2001 View Post
      YOU may be having an academic debate. All I'm seeing are loads of others being petty about a 'virtual' plant and talking about blacklisting peeps because they take a share of it? If they energize YOUR tree and tend YOUR 'virtual' garden while you're gone then what is the big flipping deal? It's called a GAME ... say it with me ... GAME.
      Say it again with me.. go troll other threads.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Say it again with me.. go troll other threads.
        Truth hurts don't it. If you think this is trolling, then you haven't been to many boards. Why don't you go rest your brain for a while and let the truth sink in a bit.

Comment

Lol an academic debate.. what a joke.

An actual academic debate about this would require an indisputable formula or induction to show that you're correct, and while you are, you have merely shown a bunch of exmaples.
          I'm sure a Ph.D in Statistics would know better.

Comment

kurgan, look at it this way:

You say they tend my farm and energize my tree, so they should get a steal from me.
            But I tend their farm and energize their tree too, so it's perfectly fine, right? No need for more rewards.

And if they steal from me and I steal from them, at best nobody gains anything extra which is exactly the same as no stealing at all! And if some of us gain less in the stealing process, then stealing is the wrong way.

Which part of that you don't understand?

And btw. I don't steal from my friends and I expect the same from them. If they don't understand how that works or if they don't respect my way of playing, they get removed or blacklisted if they camp my farm. And they don't have the right to complain or whine about it.

Comment

Dispute it, then. Prove CondorHero is wrong.
              As I see it, it's impossible to increase (or even decrease) the value of any percentages in the equation simply by moving them about.
              The "lost" spirits are simply percentage fractions, and the original farm owner doesn't actually lose anything - the thief does.

Wait, indisputable? So how can you possibly debate it, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowscarred View Post
                Dispute it, then. Prove CondorHero is wrong.
                As I see it, it's impossible to increase (or even decrease) the value of any percentages in the equation simply by moving them about.
                The "lost" spirits are simply percentage fractions, and the original farm owner doesn't actually lose anything - the thief does.

Wait, indisputable? So how can you possibly debate it, then?
                I already said he was correct, idjit. You've actually been successful in proving how dumb you are with just 3 or 4 posts on those forums in the last day. Kudos!

Comment

Electrical Engineering, not Statistics.

I simplify it for the sake of presentation.
                  Let me give you a sketch of the proof.

Construct a directed graph of ordered pair G = (V,E).
                  Let V be the set of players, and E be the set of links which represent players stealing from one another.
                  There can be at most 3 links going into each Vertex.

You can continue the rest of the proof.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

I never explicitly said that you thought or said that he was wrong. Rather, I was suggesting that you prove his "formula" was reasonably disputable.
                    There was, and certainly is now, a formula, by the way.

Comment

THANK YOU.

It is annoying to see people say you gain more when you share. They speak without thinking. It is not correct at all.

That is why I am confused as to why you can only steal your friend's crops. That makes no sense. You cannot plunder your guildmates, so why can you ONLY steal from your friends?

Comment

Originally posted by R27176943 View Post
                        kurgan, look at it this way:

You say they tend my farm and energize my tree, so they should get a steal from me.
                        But I tend their farm and energize their tree too, so it's perfectly fine, right? No need for more rewards.
                        Correct.

And if they steal from me and I steal from them, at best nobody gains anything extra which is exactly the same as no stealing at all! And if some of us gain less in the stealing process, then stealing is the wrong way.
                        You miss the point. The game is set up to SHARE in the farm and also by helping you increase the farm plots. It's called not being a D-bag and helping your fellow player.

And btw. I don't steal from my friends and I expect the same from them. If they don't understand how that works or if they don't respect my way of playing, they get removed or blacklisted if they camp my farm. And they don't have the right to complain or whine about it.
                        If you personally messaged them and set up that kind of arrangement, I think you require a bit of reality check ... the game ain't reality and you look like an even bigger D-bag.

Comment

This thread is in response to an earlier thread (which I forgot the title), where the OP makes this claim
                          "If everyone steals, everyone benefits.", which is false.

Edit: This is the post
                          http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-ancient-seeds
                          Thank you. And it is false
                          THey only gain for themselves.
                          Game: Wartune
                          Server: 2 Edena Village
                          Class: Mage
                          Name: Mary Magdalene
                          Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                          Flying with the fishes,
                          Or maybe in the Ocean,
                          swimming with the pigeons,
                          See my world is Different.

Comment

Originally posted by kurgan2001 View Post
                            Correct.

You miss the point. The game is set up to SHARE in the farm and also by helping you increase the farm plots. It's called not being a D-bag and helping your fellow player.

If you personally messaged them and set up that kind of arrangement, I think you require a bit of reality check ... the game ain't reality and you look like an even bigger D-bag.
                            Have you even read ANYTHING that has been written in this thread? like actually 'read', Stealing is not "Sharing", If two people steal from each other they BOTH get LESS than what they would have got if none of the stole from the other, You're not helping me by stealing from me, neither am I helping you by stealing from you, the only way for me to compensate that loss is to steal from someone else and the cycle goes on, in the end you'll end up hurting one of your "friends" who couldn't find anyone else to feed off.

And before you go on saying "This is just game! It isn't 'real'", that is exactly why we play games, they're not real and they're fun, when you make my life harder in the game you make it much less fun for me, so yeah, it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul2300 View Post
                              Have you even read ANYTHING that has been written in this thread? like actually 'read', Stealing is not "Sharing", If two people steal from each other they BOTH get LESS than what they would have got if none of the stole from the other, You're not helping me by stealing from me, neither am I helping you by stealing from you, the only way for me to compensate that loss is to steal from someone else and the cycle goes on, in the end you'll end up hurting one of your "friends" who couldn't find anyone else to feed off.

And before you go on saying "This is just game! It isn't 'real'", that is exactly why we play games, they're not real and they're fun, when you make my life harder in the game you make it much less fun for me, so yeah, it matters.
                              umm .. what part of 'you still gain from what you plant' do YOU not get? and do you not know what 'Friendliness' is? If you share .. yes SHARE your crop and they share theirs, they are more likely to tend and energize and, oh look, friendliness INCREASES and look at that, BONUSES FOR INCREASED FRIENDLINESS as well as INCREASED FARM LVL

you sir, are also a d-bag for not sharing .. you say stealing .. I say sharing .. because sharing is caring and that's how the game is set up.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with sharing crops with others, that is what it is there for, I could care less if my friends wanna share some on my seeds or crops, as I also share there's, people that get all ****** off over others sharing from there farm are just been silly, if you don't want others sharing from your crops then why add anyone as a friend? Just add no one and be alone farmer. You have farm friends to help out weed your crops, energize your tree, and YES share your crops!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X