Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fundamental flaw in assuming that everyone gains if you steal from your friends.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified_Serenity
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    Your math is wrong.
    Do you want me to point it out to you, or do you want to spend a bit more time thinking about it?
    Ok, let's take it out to max friends of 200. You can all only take 200 even if you have opportunity for more. So, if all your friends let each other steal, and you all max out, then there is more than enough to go around. But again, you don't want to do it, you want others to not do it, and therefore the rub in the game. Solution, delete friends. Don't steal and take weeks longer to reach your maximum in the game. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Xhiah View Post
    So we get 300 each day!?
    Nope. It does not pay off in the long run dude. You are only focused on what you can collect, not others...
    Correct. Thanks for pointing it out.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
    There's a problem with your figures. You are saying everyone of the 21 people can get 200 by stealing. The thing is after your plant has been stolen from 4 times no one else can steal from it. So, somewhere some people are getting screwed here!
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
    Let me spell this out for you who think stealing is wrong and doesn't pay off if done in balance. Let's do the math for 1 day and 20 friends ok.

If you don't spend balens, and let's say you actually plant very 12 hours, you get to plant in 24 hours 10 plants. Now, let's just say you get 14 per plant, that equals 140 ancient spirit for you for the day. Now, limit your friends to 20, and you all agree to plant at the same time. You all agree to harvest from each other and you all max out at 200 "stolen". Thus you get 100 from your crops + 200 from theirs and your net daily amount is 300. No one gets more than anyone else.

You would have your precious ride in a matter of less than a week, and so would your 20 friends!
    Your math is wrong.
    Do you want me to point it out to you, or do you want to spend a bit more time thinking about it?

Leave a comment:

• R24907107
    replied
    Let me spell this out for you who think stealing is wrong and doesn't pay off if done in balance. Let's do the math for 1 day and 20 friends ok.

If you don't spend balens, and let's say you actually plant very 12 hours, you get to plant in 24 hours 10 plants. Now, let's just say you get 14 per plant, that equals 140 ancient spirit for you for the day. Now, limit your friends to 20, and you all agree to plant at the same time. You all agree to harvest from each other and you all max out at 200 "stolen". Thus you get 100 from your crops + 200 from theirs and your net daily amount is 300. No one gets more than anyone else.

You would have your precious ride in a matter of less than a week, and so would your 20 friends!

Here is the obvious rub. No one is limiting their friends to 20. Your guildies need help reviving etc.. Not many are as detail oriented as some of us who actually make spread sheets for whose plants are ready and when. So, they feel cheated and want to stand on some high ground of "I don't steal so don't steal mine" attitude. As it is, I am over half way and had I not been screwed out of playing last night I would have even more. Steal all you want from me, because I will get my 300 today.
    There's a problem with your figures. You are saying everyone of the 21 people can get 200 by stealing. The thing is after your plant has been stolen from 4 times no one else can steal from it. So, somewhere some people are getting screwed here!

Leave a comment:

• Xhiah
    replied

Here is the obvious rub. No one is limiting their friends to 20. Your guildies need help reviving etc.. Not many are as detail oriented as some of us who actually make spread sheets for whose plants are ready and when. So, they feel cheated and want to stand on some high ground of "I don't steal so don't steal mine" attitude. As it is, I am over half way and had I not been screwed out of playing last night I would have even more. Steal all you want from me, because I will get my 300 today.
    So we get 300 each day!?
    Nope. It does not pay off in the long run dude. You are only focused on what you can collect, not others...

Leave a comment:

• Unified_Serenity
    replied

Last edited by Unified_Serenity; 04-14-2013, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• laba-laba
    replied
    Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
    THANK YOU.

It is annoying to see people say you gain more when you share. They speak without thinking. It is not correct at all.

That is why I am confused as to why you can only steal your friend's crops. That makes no sense. You cannot plunder your guildmates, so why can you ONLY steal from your friends?
    I think you just answered your own question, I'd plunder guildies if I can just ask coords and no need to scout around.
    But plundering uses more valuable resources like HP and troops, so they make it so everyone can steal in farms.
    It's just players' mentality and basic economics, I agree game mechanic missing one condition to "punish" stealers
    or maybe disable it temporarily when we're online in the farms.

Stealing is what makes the world turns. Sun must set for the moon to go up, sleep is more precious than ancient seeds

Leave a comment:

• kanusti
    replied
    upgrade you farms whit vouchers and you can stile hit 2k even if players steal som from you my farms is lvl 8 could be 9 if dint wast alot on inventory,wb and rest skils a few times becuse i make som mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• kurgan2001
    replied
    Boy are you in the wrong game! There's absolutely nothing in WARtunes that has anything to do with sharing!!!! You might band with others to accomplish a goal, but in truth you are on your own! Even in the guilds - who gets the mount for being the #1 guild - the GM - NOT the members. WAR - that's the key part of the title! WAR does not equal sharing!!!!
    Also, if you feel that way then don't be in a guild at all. I mean if that's your final opinion on the matter. Oh, what's that .... oh that's right .. there's guild skills that pump your stats ... you may wanna rethink your argument there skippy.

Leave a comment:

• kurgan2001
    replied
    Boy are you in the wrong game! There's absolutely nothing in WARtunes that has anything to do with sharing!!!! You might band with others to accomplish a goal, but in truth you are on your own! Even in the guilds - who gets the mount for being the #1 guild - the GM - NOT the members. WAR - that's the key part of the title! WAR does not equal sharing!!!!
    then why have the friends if they can't share in your crop? just delete everyone and play on your own if you're so concerned about your precious 'virtual' seeds .... d-bag.

Leave a comment:

• R24907107
    replied
    Originally posted by kurgan2001 View Post
    umm .. what part of 'you still gain from what you plant' do YOU not get? and do you not know what 'Friendliness' is? If you share .. yes SHARE your crop and they share theirs, they are more likely to tend and energize and, oh look, friendliness INCREASES and look at that, BONUSES FOR INCREASED FRIENDLINESS as well as INCREASED FARM LVL

you sir, are also a d-bag for not sharing .. you say stealing .. I say sharing .. because sharing is caring and that's how the game is set up.

Leave a comment:

• BadKitty2
    replied
    I see nothing wrong with sharing crops with others, that is what it is there for, I could care less if my friends wanna share some on my seeds or crops, as I also share there's, people that get all ****** off over others sharing from there farm are just been silly, if you don't want others sharing from your crops then why add anyone as a friend? Just add no one and be alone farmer. You have farm friends to help out weed your crops, energize your tree, and YES share your crops!!!

Leave a comment:

• kurgan2001
    replied
    Originally posted by Abdul2300 View Post
    Have you even read ANYTHING that has been written in this thread? like actually 'read', Stealing is not "Sharing", If two people steal from each other they BOTH get LESS than what they would have got if none of the stole from the other, You're not helping me by stealing from me, neither am I helping you by stealing from you, the only way for me to compensate that loss is to steal from someone else and the cycle goes on, in the end you'll end up hurting one of your "friends" who couldn't find anyone else to feed off.

And before you go on saying "This is just game! It isn't 'real'", that is exactly why we play games, they're not real and they're fun, when you make my life harder in the game you make it much less fun for me, so yeah, it matters.
    umm .. what part of 'you still gain from what you plant' do YOU not get? and do you not know what 'Friendliness' is? If you share .. yes SHARE your crop and they share theirs, they are more likely to tend and energize and, oh look, friendliness INCREASES and look at that, BONUSES FOR INCREASED FRIENDLINESS as well as INCREASED FARM LVL

you sir, are also a d-bag for not sharing .. you say stealing .. I say sharing .. because sharing is caring and that's how the game is set up.

Leave a comment:

• Abdul2300
    replied
    Originally posted by kurgan2001 View Post
    Correct.

You miss the point. The game is set up to SHARE in the farm and also by helping you increase the farm plots. It's called not being a D-bag and helping your fellow player.

If you personally messaged them and set up that kind of arrangement, I think you require a bit of reality check ... the game ain't reality and you look like an even bigger D-bag.
    Have you even read ANYTHING that has been written in this thread? like actually 'read', Stealing is not "Sharing", If two people steal from each other they BOTH get LESS than what they would have got if none of the stole from the other, You're not helping me by stealing from me, neither am I helping you by stealing from you, the only way for me to compensate that loss is to steal from someone else and the cycle goes on, in the end you'll end up hurting one of your "friends" who couldn't find anyone else to feed off.

And before you go on saying "This is just game! It isn't 'real'", that is exactly why we play games, they're not real and they're fun, when you make my life harder in the game you make it much less fun for me, so yeah, it matters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X