Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fundamental flaw in assuming that everyone gains if you steal from your friends.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    Did you read my math?
    Which part of a zero-sum game do you not understand?

Maybe wikipedia explains it better:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero%E2%80%93sum_game
    Hmm, maybe you don't understand, if every player steals from someone else, 200 times, not just 5 people sharing... Then they will reach a lot more TOGETHER, than they would of reached individually?

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    If everyone steals, they'll hit that 2k very, very easily. So why would you NOT steal?
    Did you read my math?
    Which part of a zero-sum game do you not understand?

Maybe wikipedia explains it better:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero%E2%80%93sum_game

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    If everyone steals, they'll hit that 2k very, very easily. So why would you NOT steal?

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    I'm just gonna go with... maximum seed gain for free player is 136. Which depending on farm level is around 1768-2000ish.

Maximum steal gain is 200 a day. Over approx 30 days? You can do the math on it.
    The problem with your math is that those spirits have to come from somewhere. There are a plethora of players waiting in line to do the same to you.

Leave a comment:

• KnowingEyes7
    replied
    What also makes this tough for some players is the greed factor. Let's assume for a moment everyone CAN get the mount. Do you honestly believe players will, when reaching 2K spirits, quit sniping/sharing them? Oh HELL no.

Leave a comment:

• R27176943
    replied
    This thread should be sticked. And everyone who doesn't understand how stealing works should be blocklisted. I don't steal and I won't, so don't steal from me. And it's less stress than "sharing".

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    I'm just gonna go with... maximum seed gain for free player is 136. Which depending on farm level is around 1768-2000ish.

Maximum steal gain is 200 a day. Over approx 30 days? You can do the math on it.
    As I said in another post, when you steal, you are making someone else pay more for his hawkstrider.

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    And if you noticed my example.
    The sum output of crop is 14+14+14+13+10 = 65.
    This is exactly equals to the sum yield of crop.

I re-iterate, this is a zero-sum game.
    You can't gain without anyone else losing out.
    We're operating at pareto optimality.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    and on the next rotation it can start with B,C,D being the main ones to profit, and on the one after that C,D,E then, D,E,A ...
    In that case, you gain exactly ........nothing.

Why would you steal?

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    and on the next rotation it can start with B,C,D being the main ones to profit, and on the one after that C,D,E then, D,E,A ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X