Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fundamental flaw in assuming that everyone gains if you steal from your friends.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weirdjohn View Post
    i think you missed my point,,,yes there are not enough seeds for 25 days worth (one of the "have not been considered" variables in the calculation),,,the point i WAS trying to get across was you will end up with WAAAYYY more spirits than you actually need for the mount. that is unless you are just greedy and want more than the mount while other members of your guild do not end up getting enough (without being stolen from or stealing themselves). I would also like to point out,,,the under lvl40 players got royally screwed with the "train your mount" part of even,,,5seeds for training your mount 5 times,,,but if you are not lvl40 you can't train a mount due to the fact you don't have one to train. The whole thing is bull,,,can't wait for it to be over,,,once again my point was that you will have more than enough to share if you are an active player
    I would really really love to see the math behind "you'll end up with WAAAAAAAAAY more than you need for the mount", like really, actually do the math and let me know, I would be very very interested to see your results.
    Last edited by Abdul2300; 04-19-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• The only real benefit to stealing is the whole "If you have two loaves, and someone has none, give him one" idea. Namely, the idea that if someone has a lot more than they need, that others that don't get enough can "steal" from his.
      Even so, this idea is exploited and abused, and means very little anymore.

Comment

• nice approach in discussing the game with game theory

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
          He simplified the current scenario though.

You also don't understand that the number of seeds/spirits is limited. You're stating "they will reach a lot more together". You're insinuating a group of players will come out ahead by a large amount. Where did those seeds/spirits come from? That's right, a large group of players outside your original group. In fact, using Condor's excellent example, your group of players affected *more* players negatively than in your original group.

ok knowing, i cant defend you on this one because your completely wrong, maximum loss per grow if you get sniped of all but 10 is around 50 sum, ok the a,b,c,d would be plausable, yet its not a 27 alphabet, i have over 200 friends on my friends list, if i steal 1 from each of them, how am i hendering the whole group? if everyone did that, everyone would come out on top. plain and simple, it's sharing not stealing. if your mad about it delete them, just remember thats alot of daily grinding thrown away over petty idiocness, thats only gonna last a month. you guys dont get it when mass number's come into play, over 70, you cant use that style of judging anymore. they teach you this in 9th grade lol.

Comment

• also, i doubt we'll keep getting seeds much longer after this set of event quests, and probably be foorced to buy the spirits, so the f2p's will have no chance at alll to get the mount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowscarred View Post
              I loved your two posts, I feel they expressed the issue well, and in words I wouldn't have managed.
              The idea that a person "greedily steals" the crops is two-sided. For example, hoarding the wealth of your crop yield could be considered greedy, couldn't it? Communal farmers will often share a small portion of their harvest with one another, and the one that keeps it all to himself is looked at with disdain.
              7Road is a communist society so they focus about sharing.
              Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
              Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
              Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
              One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
              In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
              One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
              One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
              In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmadrox View Post
                ok knowing, i cant defend you on this one because your completely wrong, maximum loss per grow if you get sniped of all but 10 is around 50 sum, ok the a,b,c,d would be plausable, yet its not a 27 alphabet, i have over 200 friends on my friends list, if i steal 1 from each of them, how am i hendering the whole group? if everyone did that, everyone would come out on top. plain and simple, it's sharing not stealing. if your mad about it delete them, just remember thats alot of daily grinding thrown away over petty idiocness, thats only gonna last a month. you guys dont get it when mass number's come into play, over 70, you cant use that style of judging anymore. they teach you this in 9th grade lol.
                Sigh... If you, Sir, stole from your 200 friends once from each, you've cost the whole group of 200 friends 400 spirits (in case you don't know when someone steals once from 1 crop and you collect it he gets 1 spirit, you collect 12, and 1 spirit is lost to the server, assuming your original gain is 14 from seeds), and for your 200 friends (who just lost 400 spirits as a group) to compensate they'll have to steal 400 spirits which gonna cost the group 800 spirits (each of the 200 gonna have to steal 2 crops to compensate the lost 2 spirits from their original gain, remember they got 12 when they were supposed to get 14), be it among the same group or outside it, the whole group of say the server as whole itself net gain of seeds drops significantly, due to that one seeds that just gets lost to the server that no one gets to benefit from.

I sincerely hope people would give their posts just a little thought before they post them, between this thread and the custom clothing contest which is now a google fest, I dunno what to say really, it's just sad.

Comment

• yeahbut were not talking about bulk, were talking about every person individually, if everyone steels one seed from there friends, no one will be hendered, sigh. dont try to argue to makeyourself look intelegent, your laws are flawed, and you lack common sense, just so you cn try to be righ, yes 400 are lost, but only 2 seeds are lost per person, so everyone loses 2 seeds, which isalot less significant then 1 person losing 400, because that's not how it happens. now please **** your logic is flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmadrox View Post
                    yeahbut were not talking about bulk, were talking about every person individually, if everyone steels one seed from there friends, no one will be hendered, sigh. dont try to argue to makeyourself look intelegent, your laws are flawed, and you lack common sense, just so you cn try to be righ, yes 400 are lost, but only 2 seeds are lost per person, so everyone loses 2 seeds, which isalot less significant then 1 person losing 400, because that's not how it happens. now please **** your logic is flawed.
                    Talking about every person individually, if I steal from you I gain one, you loose 2. Then you steal from me, so you gain 1, and I loose 2. At the end we both lost 1 spirit each.

Stop arguing with math, Abdul is 100% right -.-

Comment

• Just want to say... "Stealer Mount" LOL

Comment

• Well yeah, stealing reduce the spirits count, it's obvious.
                        But who care? the thief always steal more than he could lose, and there will be always players who don't care about spirits lost, so only those who don't steal will lose, but hey, if they don't wanna steal, they can buy the boxes.
                        Like everything else in this game, you can buy the mount aswell.
                        Cashers happy and non cashers too. Cashers get it fast with money, non cashers have to camp farms and waste more time. Seems fair to me.
                        Nick: SquaLLuNReaL - Guild: WolfPack - Archer
                        I'm Italian
                        Server pst (USA) Kongregate

Comment

Working...
                        X