Compensation packs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueEarth View Post
    Lol... Not everyone has a 'sanguine' personality as you have... Some are melancholic, people who cry when things don't go as they have planned... And please remember that changing personalities and behaviors is a very hard thing to do to yourself...
    My honest opinion for what they should do to deal with it is only play offline games. There are way too many variables in online games. Things will almost never go as planned. Humans make mistakes. Trust me if you leave the game your attitude won't be missed and neither will you.

If that advice isn't accepted for the melacholic or the melodramatic thats fine with me honestly. They don't ruin my gaming experience. The only thing that they do to even effect my gaming experience is possibly contributing to degrade the attitudes of those they complain about to facsimiles of their own attitudes
    Last edited by BlitzofChaos; 04-13-2013, 10:11 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
      If you don't plan to steal, then unless you cash you're not getting the mount, with or without the 5 seeds. If you do cash, then it's just a little extra you need to spend =)

Luckily majority of your server along with every other server would of missed out also. So it's not like you or they are the only ones. Compensation packs are always garbage though. =D

Good thing work just involves typing just a few words a minute, or saying a few words a minute, or doing whatever you get paid to do a few times a minute =D
      With my level farm and doing some events twice on the first day because I do it before reset, I would not need to steal, nor buy balens. But this has pretty much ruined my plans. I will either steal from my sister's character since she doesn't care, or I will watch videos for balens... But this isn't really my point. I just want some sort of reform to the compensation packages. Like you said, they're garbage. What I meant in my first post was that I don't see why they can't just give us a few seeds, or whips, or whatever... why be so stingy? Who will complain if they do? Rather, people are complaining because they are not. Get me?

And what I'm studying for will probably take a bit more time than that... but I don't mind It's something I chose that I like doing.

Comment

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
        I'm a 4.0 student attending a 4 year private college.
        You're right, I do sit on my butt all day! Writing essays and getting my work done on time while balancing out work with play. Ooh, I'm so lazy.
        Don't bother commenting anymore. You are not contributing to this discussion. Re-read my last paragraph please. If you will not be civil, do not comment. Thank you.
        that time you got everything right except for the fact i didn't call you lazy. You said you balance out your work with play. The play is obviously in a different category than the work as you said yourself.
        I commend you being able to balance out the work of going to college and the play of this game. I just hope you don't readily confuse it to being the play of going to college and the hard work you do in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzofChaos View Post
          that time you got everything right except for the fact i didn't call you lazy. You said you balance out your work with play. The play is obviously in a different category than the work as you said yourself.
          I commend you being able to balance out the work of going to college and the play of this game. I just hope you don't readily confuse it to being the play of going to college and the hard work you do in this game.
          I guess "hard work" wasn't the best choice of words. How about I put in lots of time? And, being a full-time college student, I have to spend that time wisely.

College is definitely tons more difficult than this game. But it doesn't undermine how much time and effort I've put to keep myself up to pace with everything in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by TimlaVmun View Post
            I guess "hard work" wasn't the best choice of words. How about I put in lots of time? And, being a full-time college student, I have to spend that time wisely.

College is definitely tons more difficult than this game. But it doesn't undermine how much time and effort I've put to keep myself up to pace with everything in this game.
            Great that was all my point was now with that edit i agree 100% with your post.

Comment

My honest opinion for what they should do to deal with it is only play offline games. There are way too many variables in online games. Things will almost never go as planned. Humans make mistakes. Trust me if you leave the game your attitude won't be missed and neither will you.
              What I mean to say is that not all people have the same "let it go, it happened already, accept it" personality as you have... And please don't even say that this kind of game is only for people who have personality like you... Even if you doctrinate them with your beliefs and philosophy, they will still be acting their own personalities...

Hayzzz... In the end, the readers of what TimlaVmun posted was the one who got confused... I believe Tim knows what he said.. It was us who didn't understand him, that he even need to change the "hard work" phrase to something better in order for us to understand what is his feeling about the compensation.

The phrase "hard work" for me means effort... So whether it is a work or a play, as long as you put effort on it (not only with body, but can be with mind also), then I can say that I have worked hard on it.

The compensation was always, well, I don't know.. Maybe fate want us to buy balens afterall... hahaha
              If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
              -quoted from R.K.

Comment

The comp packages suck compared to what is loss. At least include ancient seeds for the packages if nothing else. You don't shut down the whole server so few people end up getting bigger rewards than they are suppose to. While others who are locked out don't get **** but these stupid small comp packages and lose out on the event rewards due to it.

Comment

The phrase "hard work" for me means effort... So whether it is a work or a play, as long as you put effort on it (not only with body, but can be with mind also), then I can say that I have worked hard on it.
                  I'm a firefighter, sorry i will never see playing an online game as being hard work.

Comment

Thats not the sad thing. The sad thing is everytime r2 tries to give free stuff away and add events to increase peoples enjoyment, they feel the need to complain about every little thing that goes wrong instead of just honestly thanking r2 for the fun they have everyday.
                    I agree with this.. I just see constant complaining. The amount of it is insane. Yes I was mad yesterday. Because i'm addicted to this game. Yes I lost out. But I do love playing this game and the reality is R2 didn't have to compensate anything. I appreciate that they did. Yes it obviously could be better considering how expensive many parts of this game is, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

To the OP: It has been addressed in the thread, but I will agree: do not lump in games and entertainment into any kind of "work" category. You will just alienate people! haha

In general, compensation is a bonus. They could easily give out nothing. It is something the publisher is putting out to "bribe" you into not leaving the game thanks to their screw ups and interruptions. I think they know that those seconds/minutes/hours that gamers can not log in is the most dangerous time, the time when those gamers could easily go play any other of the millions of games out there and never come back.

The bribe was pretty good, but it could have been better. I lost 20 seeds due to steals that I would have prevented if I had been able to log in.

Ya know, if you really want those seeds, vote with your wallet.
                      Last edited by ecla2; 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM.
                      Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I actually disagreed
                        If the Op go to the point of
                        Well u see those korean players playing Starcraft
                        They have been drawing a whopping 300 k usd a year
                        To them playing game is work
                        That might help OP in debating
                        In some other part of the world human regards game as work
                        so .... its just a game get a life .. logic fails on them
                        coz its not just a game it is life it is work for them

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
                          To the OP: It has been addressed in the thread, but I will agree: do not lump in games and entertainment into any kind of "work" category. You will just alienate people! haha
                          I'm a full-time private college student with a 4.0 average GPA. I think I know what is work and what isn't. Rather, what I meant by "hard work" was that I put a lot of time into it. And, being a full-time student, I don't waste my time on just anything. Let's put it this way: I have put effort to keep up with the strong people on my server that are not juggling college and Wartune. Does that make more sense? You could also refer to the comment I made to the person who just told me the same thing.

I also don't understand what you mean by "you will just alienate people." This affected people with nothing else to do and busy people alike.

Comment

I'm a firefighter, sorry i will never see playing an online game as being hard work.
                            You just missed the whole point of what he/she was explaining to you. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by R29998503 View Post
                              Yes it obviously could be better considering how expensive many parts of this game is, but it's better than nothing.
                              There it is!

but it's better than nothing.
                              Right THERE.

it's better than nothing.
                              And that, my fellow Wartunians, is why they give us shoddy compensation packs and, honestly, shoddy customer service. Because it's better than nothing.

I'm not trying to whine or complain or b***h, but c'mon. It's the truth. Think about it. Don't even pick a side right now, just be logical. That's why they half-a** everything, because it's barely enough. It's something. It's better than nothing. And we keep playing. Even I'm still playing. Though I plan on only playing until I move into on-campus housing at my college, it's still a good example.

in b4 flamers who don't bother to read/understand my post

Comment

^ Why did you quote me three times?
                                Anyway, not happy this is going on yet again. I'm out of nice things to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X