Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i quit playing xbox live cause of wartune always was a big xbox player but not anymore ^^

Comment

Okay, why the hell not
      Im 32 from germany, though i lived a decade abroad and will leave this godforsaken place again ^^. I used to love my comodore 64 when i was a kid, played underwurdle, frogger, SPACE TAXI and so on. I wrote my own text based adventures when i was about 7 i think , because basic was so easy and accessible

Later i was a big Amiga defender. And back then the IBM PC'S really had nothing going for them when it came to graphics and sound. Its a pity such a nice system had to die eventually.

Never really got to play AD&D, but it must have been interesting lol. Instead i was into Magic the gathering.

Its fun to see people here who were really around when pong came out, makes me feel young again :P

c ya

Comment

how old are you people? 90?

Comment

Originally posted by Erabonknight View Post
          I am 42 and own quite a few of the old games. I am also a game collector with almost 13,000 games which i have collected over 30 years.

My first real game that got me into gaming on a big scale was Sid miers pirates on the commodore 64. I played that over and over again and spent months on it. Archon also had me hooked which was on the commodore floppy drive, kinda like a chess board but you went into battle with the different pieces (light vs dark).
          Strategy and fantasy are my favorites so the first game i spent 6 months plus on was Heroes of might and magic 2 then 3 which is my favorite strategy game of all time. I have played everything from zelda to final fantasy and radiant silvergun on the saturn to halo on xbox.

Browsers games i choose to play free and if after 6 months or so if i like the game then i might put money into it. I do really like wartune but have realized that its not worth putting money into it because it would require so much money to compete with the other players.
          There are some insane amounts of spending going on and way to many events that give a huge advantage to other players.
          For me that takes the fun out the game because it means idiots with a wallet can outplay you with no real strategy.

Will i play on?? Yes i probably will unless it gets so crazy on pay to play that its not worth it no more.

Preferred character ---Knight ofc mages and archers are so easy to play with no real strategy to them.

Character i would like to see ---Necromancer who can revive the fallen in battle once per turn. (also summons the dead).

Real life first but if you have got the time GAME IT ALL THE WAY!!!

Staff i don't know any!!!

Most op Character--Has to be a mage (damage and heal )

Pro's of Wartune -- Great graphics,Plenty to do,Free to play Uncompetitively.

Con's of Wartune -- Lack of quests after you reach lv30,Repetitive late game,Pay to play advantages that spoil the game,No real strategy involved you can just buy your way to the top.
          Hehe, I loved Archon on the C64. Would you be around if i made a version that you could play through the internet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by R27652377 View Post
            how old are you people? 90?
            Old enough to know better still too young to care

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Wow. I remember playing brickgames and lode runner, at that time, console and hand held too XD GB was at its peek back then. the Mario Brothers were ruling the console games.

Comment

I to am in my 40's but have only played Wartunes for a little over a year,having come from Dragon's call as a mod there,but I am a hardcore player of DDO....never played the pencil and paper version lol.I am also a hardcore player of Diablo LoD....I have played all the toons on Wartunes and also all the toon on DDO and Diablo.....When I am not working I am gaming......

Comment

Originally posted by Syndal View Post
                  I to am in my 40's but have only played Wartunes for a little over a year,having come from Dragon's call as a mod there,but I am a hardcore player of DDO....never played the pencil and paper version lol.I am also a hardcore player of Diablo LoD....I have played all the toons on Wartunes and also all the toon on DDO and Diablo.....When I am not working I am gaming......
                  this..except ive never played DDO just the paper version and I date back to 2.0 in that

Comment

Hi peepz.. Im 26 years of age. Well people say im a playah, but really im just a good hardcore gamer. xD Very competitive both in Real Life & gaming world. Me & my boy friend started playing wartune & find this game really fun. =)) & oh so addicting.. xD
                    Preferred character in Wartune? I love archers .. it is more challenging to build a good archer =))
                    Character/s I would love to see in wartune? Cute pets that we can take on dungeons & battle with monsters; SUB CLASSES like Priest (purely healing & supporting skills) Wizards (psychic skills) and Snipers/Assassins =))
                    Would I be around in one year? Sad to say but quitted already.. I don’t know if I will be back though xD
                    Favorite staff member? I don’t have one..
                    Gaming or Real Life? Balanced.. well, all work & no play makes me a dull woman xD
                    "The WEAKER you are.. the LOUDER you bark.."
                    vavavoom : [S7] serpent's den
                    i don't BALENS.. i play HARDCORE

o3.15.2o13 QUITTED WARTUNE

Comment

Good thread I to have been gaming longer than a lot of our players have been around/alive. I remember when D+D first came out and all we had was 1 smallish paper
                      back rule/guide book. We had to make up our own hit tables ect (talking mid 70's here) then towards later part of the 70's they came out with the 3 pack paper-back box set of rule/guide books. Then ofc I wana say 78-80 somewhere in there the hard back editions started coming out when D+D and AD+D really started taking off.
                      Besides the D+D days one of my fondest gaming memories was when the original Nintendo system was out and they released the 1st Final Fantasy man the graphics we're complete **** but i played that game 24/7 for a few months straight I think lol ( besides few hrs for sleep and to eat here and there ). Anyway thx 4 the thread ! cheers =)

Comment

Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
                        Yeah. I was a heavy AD&D player!!! LOVED the game. A shame they didn't find a viable way to put it on-line! But, then again, there was the player interaction that would be hard to emulate on-line!
                        Their actualy is a online version of it out their. Not anywhere the same really as the original version but its not bad either. ( hope its ok to say/post this)

Comment

Originally posted by Syndal View Post
                          Did you play an unpublished beta?
                          Blizzarea
                          S147
                          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                            Did you play an unpublished beta?
                            I think he meant playing the Chinese version, but hey I can be wrong.
                            The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                              I think he meant playing the Chinese version, but hey I can be wrong.
                              I thought Chinese version was only released last June? I could be wrong though ^^
                              Blizzarea
                              S147
                              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

i thought R2 version was released in June (when we all moved from CA to VH on S1). I believe the Chinese version was released about 8 months before that, in late 2011?

Comment

Working...
                                X