Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

lol since the servers are down and the forums are quiet.... I thought it would be nice to actually get to know some of the players......

I am in my 40's, veteran gamer that started back in the days of choose your own adventure books, pencil and paper D&D and AD&D, and the days when the trs 80, sinclair and other computers were just starting to hit the scene..... hell I was around when space invaders hit the scene....

I have been in and around the gaming scene for so many years that there are times that I have to remind myself that I have been gaming longer than some gamers have been alive.......

perfered character in Wartune : its a cross between a mage and a archer

character/s I would love to see in wartune ? druid with the ability to summon animals as troops and hybrid offensive mage / defensive knight styles....

would I be around in one year ? yes.....

favourite staff member.... thats for me is hard as I know so many of the staff that the players do not get to meet......... Memorylane was the forum mod that I saw the most.. and shes one of the best forum mods I have met in my years of gaming...... stormaggedon, awesome admin, doing a hard job ( announcements and updates ).... shadowgammadraco and kagelol are fellow mods in other forums and top guys.......
    when you are working with a team like that, its hard to put any of them at your most fav.........

gaming or real life ? gaming.... so many * worlds * to explore, people to meet , monsters to kill..... and I hate FB.....
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

choose your own adventure books? What about Choose your own adventure games!? I to am old... and still remember the days of BBS and legend of the red dragon, Usurper and others.

Comment

im 14 i and a gamer hard core, i came from DDO its d&d but online

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
        choose your own adventure books? What about Choose your own adventure games!? I to am old... and still remember the days of BBS and legend of the red dragon, Usurper and others.
        violet the barmaid...... lol....
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
          violet the barmaid...... lol....
          brownie points for you lol.

Comment

hell I was around when space invaders hit the scene Donkey Kongggg

perfered character in Wartune : played an archer first, liked it but felt it was too eZmode, switched to knight but hated the feel of the class. Settled on mage, you can heal, buff or go out on attack.

character/s I would love to see in wartune ? Instead of adding new classes they could add subclasses that slowly unlock at, say in two stages, at 30, and L60. You would get to choose from more skills, and ultimately, talents. Fighters that can heal, archers that can tank, mages that can fire a real critmissile.

would I be around in one year ? Umm, prolly not

favourite staff member I'd need to see a list of those first I think!

gaming or real life ? RL pays the bills but I'd rather work to live, than live to work
            Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Donkey Kong? That was advanced for me

remember the Tandy trs-80 with the orange button? yeah, thats me.

I am also 40, I like games and adventures and puzzle type games and even Battle games such as Battlefield 3 and War Commander. It all seemed pointless, until I started joining in with my boyfriend getting headshots from 1,000 metres out, oh yeah! it's even better when they find out ur a girl

perfered character in Wartune : was going to pick an archer, but settled for mage. Very happy about it too

character/s I would love to see in wartune ? Don't have specific characters, although the druid idea sounds cool. Would like to see talents only, instead of HS dbags.

would I be around in one year ? Still here now.

favourite staff member: so far, just you Kit. Now, if Creamy was a staff member.......

gaming or real life ? gaming, I have multiple lives!!!! but the job pays for the internet, sigh.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

p.s. I couldn't even access the forums until now

Comment

Wow .. ya'll are old lolol

Naaa I can't say much, I'm 33 and grew up with Atari 2600, NES, and SNES. Never got into D&D though. Had a cousin that did, real hardcore into it when he was in college but not anymore. I do have a couple of the books however.

perfered character in Wartune : went with a knight .. I'm pretty happy for the moment

character/s I would love to see in wartune ? I like the subclass idea actually or cross skill / ability (knights that can heal or more multiple attack skills)

would I be around in one year ? depends if I find something better

favourite staff member: not been on long so I have no other reference

gaming or real life ? if I could go through real life by gaming .. ah the possibilities

Comment

My first game console was the Atari 2600. We played Pong. Also had the "laserpoint" gun, with which you could do skeetshooting etc. I played DonkeyKong and SpaceInvaders when they were only avilable on slotmachines in my country...

Comment

ah yes, pong .... then duck hunt came out on super nintendo

Comment

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
                        ah yes, pong .... then duck hunt came out on super nintendo
                        nope .. regular NES with the light gun. bundled with super mario bros on the same cartridge.

Hogan's Alley was fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by kurgan2001 View Post
                          nope .. regular NES with the light gun. bundled with super mario bros on the same cartridge.

Hogan's Alley was fun too.
                          whatever, it was sooo long ago, I'm allowed to misremember things, im oooolllddddd. and yes, i loved hogan's alley

Comment

Age: Younger than Kit (sorry, babe, love you but you know it's true)

Gamer: Yep, for long time. Loved MTG. Did my time on different platforms like Sega Genesis, original Nintendo, and the Sony Playstation. But my favorite platform was the PC. From the first time we did the Lost Dutchman's Mine in computer class at school I was hooked. Choose your own adventure to the max.

Preferred character in Wartune: Mage, I play them all but I love my mage.

Character I'd love to see in Wartune?: hmmm... a bit different. I'd like a craftsman character like a dwarf

Would I be around in a year?: Well, still play one game from six years ago, so either I'm stuck in a rut or loyal til they give a reason to not be. I'll play til I don't have fun anymore.

Favorite Staff Member?: Don't have one. From what I see they all do a fairly decent job considering the fact most of them are volunteers that take time out of actually playing the game to help out on the forums.

Gaming or Real Life?: There is a choice?
                            Last edited by Serrin; 04-14-2013, 06:00 AM.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Me: I wish I could still say 'Somewhere in my 20s', but it has just turned into 'Somewhere in my early early 30s' last January. Not the most avid gamer, but I've always played games. Absolutely not a fan of FPS, but I've lost many a day on games like Supaplex, TIM, The 7th Guest and Portal. ^_^ Am here on WT thanks to all my Castle Age friends who started playing WT, and obviously most thanks goes out to Ginger...

Preferred character in Wartune: Mage. I like BBQ'ing my opponents, for they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Character/s I would love to see in wartune?: Euh... I have no idea... Maybe some kind of assassin?

Would I be around in one year?: Seeing it took me 6+ months to only get to lvl 46, most likely. And most likely I'll still be sub 60.

Favourite staff member: I'd say Kit. His humor and sarcasm (though not appreciated by all) always makes me giggle like a mad person.

Gaming or real life: What is this 'real life' you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                              X