Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitwritten
    started a topic Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

Who for art thou, Wartuner ?

lol since the servers are down and the forums are quiet.... I thought it would be nice to actually get to know some of the players......

I am in my 40's, veteran gamer that started back in the days of choose your own adventure books, pencil and paper D&D and AD&D, and the days when the trs 80, sinclair and other computers were just starting to hit the scene..... hell I was around when space invaders hit the scene....

I have been in and around the gaming scene for so many years that there are times that I have to remind myself that I have been gaming longer than some gamers have been alive.......

perfered character in Wartune : its a cross between a mage and a archer

character/s I would love to see in wartune ? druid with the ability to summon animals as troops and hybrid offensive mage / defensive knight styles....

would I be around in one year ? yes.....

favourite staff member.... thats for me is hard as I know so many of the staff that the players do not get to meet......... Memorylane was the forum mod that I saw the most.. and shes one of the best forum mods I have met in my years of gaming...... stormaggedon, awesome admin, doing a hard job ( announcements and updates ).... shadowgammadraco and kagelol are fellow mods in other forums and top guys.......
    when you are working with a team like that, its hard to put any of them at your most fav.........

gaming or real life ? gaming.... so many * worlds * to explore, people to meet , monsters to kill..... and I hate FB.....

• striker8780
    replied
    starting to think we might need to start a senior citizen thread here lol..my first console was a atari 2600..my first computer was a commodore 64..(remember that computer?). Played the old D&D games with the dice and character sheets when i was a teenager...good times

Leave a comment:

• R229378622
    replied
    i first console was the Sega, not sure where that puts me...

i'm an archer level 38, gonna be camping for awhile until i got a good BR and is properly set for level 40+ (hopefully).
    i once played as a mage and leveled too quick and became a bit of a "farm", i stopped playing for some time, might of been half a year, so my archer account is a retry.

Leave a comment:

• R21831753
    replied
    why lose half gems nr when synthesize ?

Leave a comment:

• Pharonix
    replied
    I'm a 24 year old male,
    I work at a website management and development company.
    And I am working on my own book series....when I'm not Wartuning.

Leave a comment:

• Merrywindl
    replied
    Here's Reaching out to my fellow wartuners and community. Going through a bitter custody battle with my ex for my son and I need legal assistance and cannot afford to hire an attorney any help would be appreciated beyond measure http://www.gofundme.com/ltpkr4

Leave a comment:

• Cynderfella
    replied
    In the chinese servers they actually do have a subclass system there. cant wait for them to make it on our servers.

Leave a comment:

• striker8780
    replied
    i'm just here....eating all the moderator's cookies

Leave a comment:

• R239359925
    replied
    I am 53, and been gaming since I discovered the magic of the sandbox. I play games to relax, unwind, have a little fun, and maybe even learn something, here and there. I do not really care who wins. That is, too much, subject to point of view, and personal interpretation. I am more into role playing games, and I prefer a game that follows a storyline, even to make up the story as I go. My favorite character has always been the Mage. You know, mind over matter. I think it is fitting that it is almost Christmas, and people are fighting over whether Rudolf is high enough in level to participate in the reindeer games. Having said that, I do not particularly care for PvP.
    Last edited by R239359925; 12-21-2014, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LauriB
    replied
    I am a 34 year old mother of two who works from home. When I was little we had an Atari and I enjoyed playing Miss PacMan and Night Rider. We got a Nitendo when I was a little older and thought Mario Brothers, Tetris, and Mortal Combat were fun. Didn't game much after that until I started working from home and had free time to spend on the computer. I got back into gaming by playing poker on FB and a friend asked me to come play with her and have been playing this ever since. It's been a year and a half now. I am a mage and like that I can heal and attack. ( I always played Scorpion in Mortal Combat for the same reason ) Characters I'd like to see added ~ none, I don't think it would work very well on older servers. Favorite Staff Member ~ NA, I don't spend much time in the forums unless am bored and can't log in. Gaming or real life, a little of both.

Leave a comment:

• R28599293
    replied
    lol nice to meet ya, we have alot in common. im almost 60 and been gamming about 40 years now lol. the game that really got me playing all these years is Zelda.I still have all gamming consulas, but dont have time to play the old games. Wartune taking all my time lol I love knights then Mags wish thay would combine the two and call the toon pandalens have the best of both. ofcorse Im well on my way being one with my troops
    Last edited by R28599293; 12-16-2014, 10:36 AM. Reason: added

Leave a comment:

• JUGGALO449
    replied
    Wildbill449 on kabam server24
    Created juggalos only to leave 2 stay in Guild battles

Wildbill449@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• R22891362
    replied
    Ha ha ha how old is this thread?!

Just read the first page, will read through the rest when I have time to sit down lol. LOL Kit, Choose your own adventure books was all I did during 'reading time' at high school (when I wasn't reading non-fiction). I'm 33 FEMALE (Even though many have mistaken me for a guy). Server hopper since I started playing the wonderful world of browser games. I have to say s451 has been the longest character I've ever played EVER. Discovered r2 back in 2011 when I was playing Crystal Saga. I was playing on a different platform at the time, and thought I'd check out r2 to see what the difference was, and boy, the other platform was ultra easy to get top 10 in new servers.. not r2.. was always top 20 lol.

So I guess I've been 'gaming' since late 90s, and even though I never had a console until I left home, I'd play where I could. Even went to Uni to study Software Engineering.. but have been on and off that, never finished, but went back a few times lol.

I'm now a mum, so not tooo much time to play. I just love sitting on my toon(s) after the kids are in bed, and 'escape' from responsibilities of RL. If I could work in the industry, I'd be ultra happy.. but isn't that what we'd all love to do

Ooo Right.. went off track there. My fave Wartune toon has got to be knight to be honest! Next would be Mage. I love the idea of Druid! However, that would just confuse people.. isn't that ultimately what the Sylphs do? Will I be around in a year? Hmm I've been playing for more than a year now, so who knows. If a better game comes along, I may jump, but only time will tell

Leave a comment:

• R261439325
    replied
    In my late 40's...I remember when the first oscillator was converted into what became the game known as Pong.

Have always enjoyed numbers from the time back when we used to take trips as a child, and play the car tag game, (get a board, and mark off tag numbers as you see them).

grew up with the Atari's, com's, and later a great little computer called the Amiga made by commodore, of course owned several Nintendo entertainment systems which was basically a repackaged version of Atari (but marketing guru's never tell the consumer do they?) super nintendo was a graphical marvel for it's time, but I cannot leave out Sega systems from being ahead of it's time as well, having some really great games that could be played from using a small card you inserted.

Of course I have gamed on ps1, 2's, 3's, as well as all xbox versions, but my true favorite platform has got to be the pc...it has far more capabilities than any game system that has ever attempted to be boxed.

Maybe perhaps I'm a bit bia's towards the pc, for reasons that I built several of my own machines, as i'm a tinkerer when it comes to electronics, experimentation often leaves me in awe when I discover how to do something in which no one instructed me on how to do it... I remember taking my portable cassette recorder apart, and discovered that by merely placing my fingers on certain soldered circuits I could tune into a radio station .

These days i'm an avid but amatuer game programmer, mostly like to create games such as slot machines, video poker, keno, random stuff, of course I have made lots of clone games of my all time favorites, such as Donkey Kong, pac-man, Asteroids, etc.

A current project I have been working on for several years now, is based on the Stargate sg1 series that has since been canceled, however am determined to finish it, however because it's just me working on this large project, it takes a long time, but Im happy with the progress overall..
    I dont know the wt mods so well myself, but clearly can see they all have alot more patience than many, they all seem to have great peoples skills, even when being treated unfairly, and down right rude too.

My Char is a Knight, I choose it I guess from a personal attribute that I hope to also have, the best qualities that determine a Knight, although I still dissagree with the magic shield given to the WT Knight, that seems less than adequate, and a bit off the mark of reality, a Knight should have varying shields (wood, iron, etc.), and never a magic shield, also their shield should not be easily taken down by either mages or archers, on the scale that they do, one or two hits and it fails, while it takes 2 moves to bring it up.

Leave a comment:

• SakamSkopsko
    replied
    To give me Accaunt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X