If you are getting kicked or cant access site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are getting kicked or cant access site

its the servers DNS that is not allowing people to connect. YOUR dns has nothing to do with that. if you got this to work, maybe your server was unaffected.

EDIT:

or the servers just came back up, like mine did.

Actually, your DNS server resolves the name to an IP to tell it where to go. It's not just R2 that is having the issue.
    Cerden - Knight of Warlords on Edena Village

Comment

And yes, it was affecting me, just fyi.

Comment

your DNS having a problem could make a server/page not load. On wartunes website, it says the SERVER is having a DNS issue, meaning that no matter what YOUR DNS is, you would NOT connect to the server. As you posted this, the servers went back online. I work in and went to school for IT. I know what im talking about.

Comment

Obviously you didn't pay attention. People were still playing because the DNS server they use still translate the name into the IP to tell them where to go.
          This wasn't just R2 having problems, but several DNS servers that have this web address's IP translation.

Do some research bro.

Comment

do some research yourself bro, and try reading while your at it.

People who were logged in, where in BECAUSE they had already connected to the server before wartunes DNS went down. People who WERE NOT Logged in could no longer connect to the server without the DNS being live. If the DNS for wartune had changed alls you would need to do is clear your browsers cache and restart your browser, you dont need to TOUCH your IP.

And just to prove that point, when you couldnt connect to wartune's servers.. but you got on the forum? so clearly YOUR dns server was working fine.

But if you want to think that thousands of people who play this game from all around the world had bad DNS servers from their ISP's your just showing how little you know.

im done responding to this, instead of fighting educate yourself please.

Comment

Here pal, I'll spell it out for you. Since you went to school for this, you should know how to take notes. This is simple.

It's not your ISP dns that has the problem, it just doesnt have the IP. So it redirects to a top level domain server, which redirects to a lesser domain server which gives the IP.

Opendns's already knows the IP, so no need to go bouncing around from DNS to DNS looking for it.

Here, read up cowboy then ride off into the sunset. BTW, I couldn't access the forums and neither could a lot of folks. Have fun.
              http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2...ded-dns-delay/

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/announcement.php?f=&a=218

Dumbmasses ;

A term for the majority of people who willfully stay ignorant and follow the prevailing sentiment on a wide variety of issues. Those who can't think for themselves. A perfect compliment or synonym for Sheeple.
                >>> <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Cerden View Post

It's not your ISP dns that has the problem, it just doesnt have the IP. So it redirects to a top level domain server, which redirects to a lesser domain server which gives the IP.

[/url]
                  and again you don't know how to read?

ALLS YOU NEED TO DO IS CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE AND RESTART YOUR BROWSER. THIS WILL GET THE NEW INFORMATION AND ALLOW YOU TO LOG IN

I put it in bold, because apparently you have no idea how to read.

EDIT: let me put this in stupid people terms for you.

Let say you get home to your house, the door is locked. What do you do? you put the key in and unlock the door then walk inside.

People logged into wartune while THIER DNS was working, and logged in no problem.

But then behind you, you lock the door. Someone else comes up and trys to get into your house without the key and they cant get in.

Once the SERVERS DNS server went down, no one else could make a connection.

Thus, they had to use temporary info for people to log in. BUT, your browser does not have this information. WHY? because your browser stores old information to make things load fast. Clearing your browsers cache, will force it to obtain new information. Making it possible for ANYONE to get in.

IF YOUR DNS SERVER WAS BAD, you would NOT be able to connect to anything. Not just a game, but ANY webpage. Maybe YOU had a problem with your DNS but no one else is having this issue. If you scroll down a few threads you can clearly see people couldnt log in after refreshing and trying to re-connect.. why? BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAD THE KEY.
                  Last edited by bleedingxorange; 04-13-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

It is the DNS server because at home game doesn't work but when I vnc to my server (which hosted on godaddy.. same hosting for wartune server) .. everything works! .. unfortunately I cannot just use godaddy dns server as my dns at home so had to proxy to my server which in turn works.Being it dns issue... this should clear up in a matter of few days as that usually time records propogate around master dns servers (root servers).

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnetika View Post
                      It is the DNS server because at home game doesn't work but when I vnc to my server (which hosted on godaddy.. same hosting for wartune server) .. everything works! .. unfortunately I cannot just use godaddy dns server as my dns at home so had to proxy to my server which in turn works.Being it dns issue... this should clear up in a matter of few days as that usually time records propogate around master dns servers (root servers).
                      When you VNC into your server, it is using a different WEB BROWSER. therefor gaining the new server information.

On the web browser you use at home... CLEAR YOUR CACHE and restart your brower. IT WILL work.

Comment

lmao i aint no brain but i did empty cache and restart browser and i still dont work only can to log in page and thats it so what now smart guy lol

Comment

I didnt touch my DNS, i was logged in and had to log out. I cleared my cache, restarted and no problems at all back in my server.

maybe you dont know how to clear your cache? are you just clearing cookies or all history?

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
                            When you VNC into your server, it is using a different WEB BROWSER. therefor gaining the new server information.

On the web browser you use at home... CLEAR YOUR CACHE and restart your brower. IT WILL work.
                            Your not getting the point, I have done that .. and used diff browsers, It when I use my server for proxy it works.The issue symptoms deal with DNS .. has nothing to do with cache.R2 admins already announced the problem is dns issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnetika View Post
                              Your not getting the point, I have done that .. and used diff browsers, It when I use my server for proxy it works.The issue symptoms deal with DNS .. has nothing to do with cache.R2 admins already announced the problem is dns issue.
                              you used different browsers on your home pc that have previously ran wartune?

if your answer is yes, you are proving my point.

What broswer are you using? go download one you have never ran wartune on with your home PC and try to log on. i bet it works.

and the admin annouced there is a DNS issue on THIER end. Tell me how i cleared my cache and logged in no problem without touching my DNS, when i couldnt log in before?

test it out.

Your browsers cache holds the information from wartunes servers. If any of that information changed you wont be able to log in. The OP suggest the site and guess what at the end you have to clear your browsers cache and restart. except that is ALL you have to do. If your saying you tried that i assume you didnt clear the cache properly. If you are using chrome, take note that when you goto clear the cache there is a drop down menu asking how far back you want it to go, and its defaulted to 1 hour. You need to clear IT ALL not just from the past hour.
                              Last edited by bleedingxorange; 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X