Considering last nights DC and ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering last nights DC and ancient seeds

Hello, the servers got disconnected for 2nd time in a row, for who ever logged out and then tried to log back in, they were locked out from the game,
    Question, we got compensation for last time, why not for this time? and another question, in total people would have lost between 10 - 15 seeds, what will be done about this? is the even still going to last till original date or is it going to be prolonged ?

Originally posted by Kenshín© View Post
    Hello, the servers got disconnected for 2nd time in a row, for who ever logged out and then tried to log back in, they were locked out from the game,
    Question, we got compensation for last time, why not for this time? and another question, in total people would have lost between 10 - 15 seeds, what will be done about this? is the even still going to last till original date or is it going to be prolonged ?
    Hmm, imo, we should show our support by buying ancient boxes.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
      Hmm, imo, we should show our support by buying ancient boxes.
      So what you're saying is, a person should pay for something that doesn't quite work?

Comment

well they have two choices here, either they give us ancient seeds or spirits to compensate our loss, or they dont give us, thus forcing players who really want the mount or whatever event reward to buy the missing spirits with balens, therefore making more money from us...i think this is an easy choice for R2

Comment

Originally posted by R26092269 View Post
          well they have two choices here, either they give us ancient seeds or spirits to compensate our loss, or they dont give us, thus forcing players who really want the mount or whatever event reward to buy the missing spirits with balens, therefore making more money from us...i think this is an easy choice for R2
          Or 3rd option, players who get annoyed will leave the game, seeing as they already spent money on it and the game is still broken thus reducing the revenue for the game

which is more of a case seeing as R2 gets its most money from the start of the servers, and if a server can't function properly, people wont spend money on it.

Yes... Easy option

Edit:

My point proven :

Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
          I put in about 40 bucks a week. I am getting to the point that I am ready to look for another similar to wartune without all the trouble and hackers. Anyone have any ideas? I have been checking out game sites recommending games, but haven't seen much to my liking. One was so complicated, I gave up after reading about the umteenth character and it's godzillion builds. I don't want it to be too complicated, but I do like options.
          Last edited by Kenshín©; 04-14-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I put in about 40 bucks a week. I am getting to the point that I am ready to look for another similar to wartune without all the trouble and hackers. Anyone have any ideas? I have been checking out game sites recommending games, but haven't seen much to my liking. One was so complicated, I gave up after reading about the umteenth character and it's godzillion builds. I don't want it to be too complicated, but I do like options.

Comment

Well, all the popular games are being hacked, it's 1 group of peoples doing it, there was an article last night speaking about it, so stay here for a bit and see how it goes.

Comment

You know, i can deal with hackers on some levels, but when they are getting away with as much as they are, and then we have issues like this and they compensate you 400 insignia and honor when their screw up cost you guild battle, that is where it's getting very gold. Had you lost gb you would have gotten 550. They don't even compensate you at the level of the event which you were kept from doing.

R2 had better figure out that pissing off their bread and butter is not in their long term interests.

Comment

You know, i can deal with hackers on some levels, but when they are getting away with as much as they are, and then we have issues like this and they compensate you 400 insignia and honor when their screw up cost you guild battle, that is where it's getting very gold. Had you lost gb you would have gotten 550. They don't even compensate you at the level of the event which you were kept from doing.

R2 had better figure out that pissing off their bread and butter is not in their long term interests.
                  True, the compensation for these things is pathetic..

Comment

Another view on the compensation problem.

Wartune power is all about relative power. Meaning, if you miss out on something and someone else misses it too, you neither gained nor lost any power. If they give equal rewards for this to everyone, it's the same thing - you neither gained nor lost any power (this is not EXACTLY correct, as different people need different things, but it's close enough for the compensation we got). What do I mean - compensation is just their good will. Nobody got nor lost anything while you were offline. Yeah, some people stayed online during a part of that time and could gain some advantage through this. However, if they are active enough to stay online enough to actually use that advantage they probably have that advantage on others every day anyway (the event makes this kinda complicated - again a thing that isn't EXACTLY right, but still, kinda hard not to compensate those too).

What I meant to say is this - don't worry about the compensation too much. I'm just unhappy that I couldn't play when I wanted. Compensation should be irrelevant (but, of course, welcome .

Of course I'd like some VIP cards with a few hundred tokens. Could even happen this time.

Considering the event, this sucks for some. I have no official news, but this is the first time I know of that something on this scale happened, and had such an impact on an event. Hopefully another event will be introduced in the last week, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                      Another view on the compensation problem.

Wartune power is all about relative power. Meaning, if you miss out on something and someone else misses it too, you neither gained nor lost any power. If they give equal rewards for this to everyone, it's the same thing - you neither gained nor lost any power (this is not EXACTLY correct, as different people need different things, but it's close enough for the compensation we got). What do I mean - compensation is just their good will. Nobody got nor lost anything while you were offline. Yeah, some people stayed online during a part of that time and could gain some advantage through this. However, if they are active enough to stay online enough to actually use that advantage they probably have that advantage on others every day anyway (the event makes this kinda complicated - again a thing that isn't EXACTLY right, but still, kinda hard not to compensate those too).

What I meant to say is this - don't worry about the compensation too much. I'm just unhappy that I couldn't play when I wanted. Compensation should be irrelevant (but, of course, welcome .

Of course I'd like some VIP cards with a few hundred tokens. Could even happen this time.

Considering the event, this sucks for some. I have no official news, but this is the first time I know of that something on this scale happened, and had such an impact on an event. Hopefully another event will be introduced in the last week, or something like that.
                      This is where you're wrong

Firstly, the people who stayed logged in were not kicked out, so only people who tried to log in got rejected so, people who stayed got more power than the ones who didn't.

so kindly... first find out what happened before saying such things....

People who weren't able to log in lost seeds honor and insignia, the people who were logged in before the crash stayed in and they were able to get those things, tell me, how the hell is that fair? for 2 days in a row.

Edit: here you go

Originally posted by R26092269 View Post
                      Well thats not true at all, i was active enough to stay online while the whole time of servers being down but i couldnt be logged in before the problem occured. Some of the few players still online made up to 7m gold and darus on WB, plus being able to handle their farms, do all their daily quest/mpds/spire and all, i can asuure you that they wouldnt had these advantages anyway...
                      Last edited by Kenshín©; 04-14-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Nobody got nor lost anything while you were offline. Yeah, some people stayed online during a part of that time and could gain some advantage through this. However, if they are active enough to stay online enough to actually use that advantage they probably have that advantage on others every day anyway
                        Well thats not true at all, i was active enough to stay online while the whole time of servers being down but i couldnt be logged in before the problem occured. Some of the few players still online made up to 7m gold and darus on WB, plus being able to handle their farms, do all their daily quest/mpds/spire and all, i can asuure you that they wouldnt had these advantages anyway...

Comment

I was online and I got kicked a few hours after the WB. The WB was the same as always.

Either way, my point was - does compensation mean anything for you, as those people who stayed online will get the same compensation you will?

Comment

I was online and I got kicked a few hours after the WB. The WB was the same as always.

Either way, my point was - does compensation mean anything for you, as those people who stayed online will get the same compensation you will?
                            It would still help the people who weren't able to be on, because even the ones who stayed on, sooner or later were disconnected, even if it happened later, it still gave them a huge advantage, considering the fact of a thing called time zones, seeing as some people were able to play the whole day without logging out/dcing whilst others couldn't log in from the point of starting their day.

For those people it would make a big change and would help them. stop thinking inside a box please.

Also if that really was your point, you missed it completely.
                            Last edited by Kenshín©; 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

You're not giving any arguments at all. What you're saying is that the difference between those who stayed and those who didn't is great. Sure, okay, some got something.

But, for example, if everyone gets 4 stamina pots for 200 stamina total, it will give the same amount of blitzes to everyone, including those who stayed online. The difference between those who stayed and those who didn't doesn't change at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X