Considering last nights DC and ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
    You're not giving any arguments at all. What you're saying is that the difference between those who stayed and those who didn't is great. Sure, okay, some got something.

But, for example, if everyone gets 4 stamina pots for 200 stamina total, it will give the same amount of blitzes to everyone, including those who stayed online. The difference between those who stayed and those who didn't doesn't change at all.

.. I can't believe I have to say it so bluntly, seriously, I hope you're reading.

Even if people who were able to stay on last night and get things would receive the compensation, it wouldn't matter that much, the main concern is the fact of people who lost their gameplay, insignias, honor and ancient seeds.

THAT'S WHAT'S THE MATTER.

It's not the fact of : oh my god now this guy who originally was higher than me is still higher than me...

It's more of a fact of : oh my god, I wish I had my gameplay time to be able to do these things so that I could achieve higher level and better items.

I do hope you're capable of processing that.

Comment

I was online and I got kicked a few hours after the WB. The WB was the same as always.
      I guess thats because the WB on your server happened before the servers problem. Not all the server events are on the same timeline...

And yes the players who stayed online would take advantage from a compensation too, i get that, but i dont want a compensation because some players took (a huuuuge)advantage from being online while 4/5 of the players database couldnt, i want a compensation for what i have lost if i was able to play thats all. i mean, this game is all about time you spend to farm everything needed so losing almost 2 full days of activities deserve a compensation, period.

For the gap created between the lucky players that were still online and the others, the only good solution would have been to totally shutdown the servers, as soon as the problem happened. i can understand that they didnt had the reactivity the first time, but the second time seriously...
      Somehow im hoping the problem happen a 3rd time to see if they have the brain needed to finally take the good decision.

Comment

Originally posted by R26092269 View Post
        I guess thats because the WB on your server happened before the servers problem. Not all the server events are on the same timeline...

And yes the players who stayed online would take advantage from a compensation too, i get that, but i dont want a compensation because some players took (a huuuuge)advantage from being online while 4/5 of the players database couldnt, i want a compensation for what i have lost if i was able to play thats all. i mean, this game is all about time you spend to farm everything needed so losing almost 2 full days of activities deserve a compensation, period.

For the gap created between the lucky players that were still online and the others, the only good solution would have been to totally shutdown the servers, as soon as the problem happened. i can understand that they didnt had the reactivity the first time, but the second time seriously...
        Somehow im hoping the problem happen a 3rd time to see if they have the brain needed to finally take the good decision.

It most likely will happen a 3rd time

DNS issues 04/12-04/13
        Posted: 04/13/2013 by: R2Games
        ​As I am sure players are aware, we have been having DNS issues with the company hosting our servers, making it difficult for players to access our website and games. The company that hosts our servers is aware of the issue and is currently working to get the problem resolved, but we do not as of yet have an ETA from them was to when we can expect service to return to normal. We apologize for the interruption in service, and ask for your patience while the matter is being worked on. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshín© View Post

It's not the fact of : oh my god now this guy who originally was higher than me is still higher than me...

It's more of a fact of : oh my god, I wish I had my gameplay time to be able to do these things so that I could achieve higher level and better items.

Exactly. As I said in the first sentence, this is my view on the problem. And as I see it, relative power is the only thing that matters, not absolute power. By this I mean the difference in BR, not your BR total. You're seeing the 2nd part, I'm seeing the 1st part.

Comment

Exactly. As I said in the first sentence, this is my view on the problem. And as I see it, relative power is the only thing that matters, not absolute power. By this I mean the difference in BR, not your BR total. You're seeing the 2nd part, I'm seeing the 1st part.
            ..Are... Are you trolling me?.. I'm sorry.. But.. That's the only explanation .....

Comment

..Are... Are you trolling me?.. I'm sorry.. But.. That's the only explanation .....
              Same goes for you.

Comment

Same goes for you.
                Clearly seeing as you don't keep the same point of view and constantly change it with each post you make, it only makes me think that you're trolling.
                Combined with what you've just said.

Have a nice day sir, 8/10

Comment

You too

Comment

East coast servers the problem started around arena time both days. Anyone who wasnt able to get on for it have only the option of paying real money to make up the loss of ancient seeds. It's not like the event will be extended because of this downtime.

Everything else is relative gain, I can live with that. Being set back actual real money if you are to keep up with those that didn't have to pay at all because of the difference of when the servers went down.. That's a genuine problem.

Comment

If this happens again like last night....
                      I will scream
                      Game: Wartune
                      Server: 2 Edena Village
                      Class: Mage
                      Name: Mary Magdalene
                      Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                      Flying with the fishes,
                      Or maybe in the Ocean,
                      swimming with the pigeons,
                      See my world is Different.

Comment

couple facts about what did and didn't happen:

on my server, armorgames 1, the outage was just before gb on friday and 2nd wb on saturday. i happen to belong to the strongest guild on my server, and we won the gb (with 6 of our players vs 2 of theirs), but there were other servers where the tables were turned and the stronger guild ended up losing (there are threads and posts about this). this impacts players whether they were online or off, due to the gb rewards. i'm also usually a participant of the gb, so i missed out on gb participant rewards and exp, which cost me the advantage i'd usually have over players in weaker guilds.

saturday, the outage occurred just prior to the 2nd wb. those who were able to stay online got nearly double the amount of gold/daru than normal, simply due to the fact that there were fewer people online to participate. a distinct advantage especially given the new troops that came in part 2. those of us who saved in advance lost some advantage to the less forward-thinking players as a result.

wickedsilk, nothing personal, but your point of view makes sense only as long as you don't think through the entire set of circumstances, such as the examples that i've given. i could list some more, but i'm not interested in going on a rant, i just wanted to bring some facts and clarity to the argument.

Comment

It would still help the people who weren't able to be on, because even the ones who stayed on, sooner or later were disconnected, even if it happened later, it still gave them a huge advantage, considering the fact of a thing called time zones, seeing as some people were able to play the whole day without logging out/dcing whilst others couldn't log in from the point of starting their day.

For those people it would make a big change and would help them. stop thinking inside a box please.

Also if that really was your point, you missed it completely.
                          Not true at all. I stayed online for both days never logging off or getting booted. I did all my daily stuff plus made over 10 million extra on the world bosses and got the compensation pack. There are others like me that got to stay on and get a major jump on the competition.

Comment

Working...
                          X