• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent DNS Provider Changes

This link shows r2's old DNS provider as of 4/12/13
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...in=r2games.com

And this link shows a brand new DNS provider as 4/13/13
    http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy

Please don't keep us in the dark. What does this mean for us? Is this temporary fix or permanent? Some of us would like the specifics of what happened and how r2 is going to prevent this in the future.

Thank you

godaddy ... renamed to noaddy
    Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Looks to me like they might have changed DNS providers and the change didn't go so well!

Comment

Why do you need to know the specifics?
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Most likely to make an informed decision on whether to continue to play AND/OR PAY to play.

Sorta like if you own stock in FB and they decide to delete the ability to have a friends list. Kinda defeats the purpose of FB. And If I owned stock in that company, I sure would wanna know.

And for people who are "blablbala it's justa game" blablbala. That is true. But money is real and if you spent it with an expectation of a service, then it's your right to know. All those moneys that were paid to R2 weren't for "Donations", they were for goods provided while using a free service.

And to the lame mods who think closing all threads talking about the server outages think that it will keep people from making informed decisions about the future of their game play, I'd just like to say, we were here. We know what happened. You can't stop it or hide it by closing threads on a forum. You simply exacerbate the problem by trying to keep a lid on it.

Comment

i still cant log in s54... is it still bug or my char got deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              Why do you need to know the specifics?
              J. Douglas couldn't have said it any better. If I'm going to keep feeding the r2 piggy bank I feel I deserve a right to know what happened and contingencies in place so this doesn't keep occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Douglas View Post
                And to the lame mods who think closing all threads talking about the server outages think that it will keep people from making informed decisions about the future of their game play, I'd just like to say, we were here. We know what happened. You can't stop it or hide it by closing threads on a forum. You simply exacerbate the problem by trying to keep a lid on it.
                The more individual threads there are about the same issue, the slower everyone gets the answers they are looking for.

As for the DNS change- it means nothing except that it can take 24-48 hours for everything to sync back up after a DNS change. This was done by the host (GoDaddy) in response to the issues they were having.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

what's going on with wartune? why i cant play in server 198 right now?

Comment

Originally posted by speecool View Post
                    what's going on with wartune? why i cant play in server 198 right now?
                    can you share what issues you are having
                    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                      The more individual threads there are about the same issue, the slower everyone gets the answers they are looking for.

As for the DNS change- it means nothing except that it can take 24-48 hours for everything to sync back up after a DNS change. This was done by the host (GoDaddy) in response to the issues they were having.
                      And that's the rub. I'm absolutely sure Go-Daddy didn't do this without notifying R2 well in advance. Now, if R2 had been a little more open about what's going on and told us users that there might be an interruption of service, AND if R2 had shut down the affected servers to prevent a few from gaining an unfair advantage, most of us wouldn't be having issues with what has happened.

Comment

ok... this is where players are making a mistake.....

shutting down the servers would have caused too many issues...... for a start, the forums would have been swamped, that is not fair on memory or the rest of the staff that would have to deal with the issue.....

also it would stop the techs working on some of the servers that had other issues...

lastly, the understanding that there was ample time to notify people in advance, is something that players think should have happened... but the reality is that its simply not a option.... there could be no well in advance warning because of the nature of the issue... and players are assuming that R2 was told everything as it was happening....
                        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                          ok... this is where players are making a mistake.....

shutting down the servers would have caused too many issues...... for a start, the forums would have been swamped, that is not fair on memory or the rest of the staff that would have to deal with the issue.....

also it would stop the techs working on some of the servers that had other issues...

lastly, the understanding that there was ample time to notify people in advance, is something that players think should have happened... but the reality is that its simply not a option.... there could be no well in advance warning because of the nature of the issue... and players are assuming that R2 was told everything as it was happening....
                          I agree with most of what you said - but allowing players to rack up ungodly amounts of gold/daru and performing daily activities by applying an "unofficial fix" will grate nerves. To equalize this, the moment there's a known widespread issue akin to this, servers must be pulled down. It's done like this virtually everywhere else. I can understand the need to allow servers to remain operational for spenders but there also are spenders who are not savvy enough to jump through hoops in order to log back on.
                          Last edited by KnowingEyes7; 04-15-2013, 01:44 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Comment

As I understand the situation that R2 was put in, there was absolutely no way of predicting about all of this happening, but it has happened nonetheless, and since it is well known how many players were able to benefit from the World Boss hunt yesterday for example who were able to be on it and caused them to make very large amounts of gold and daru due to the fact that very few people were online at the time, and from my past knowledge with companies like R2, they should keep/have logs on players' activities, so they can know which players were online at the time and actually made benefit from this, though would take some time and effort to root it out.

My suggestion, is they could compare the gold and daru made at the time, then send compensation packs to the players who where online at the time but unable to take part in the world boss hunt, this would probably even things out to some players.

I personally don't really mind about any compensations, but it doesn't hurt to suggest it
                            BladeMcNeil
                            Balenor's Strongest Warrior
                            Archer
                            [S56] Dawnton Forest

Comment

sry i want to change its not server 198 but 196... after i klik play on server 196 it becomes like this:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at s196.wartune.r2games.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
                              ww.example.com instead of
                              www.example.com
                              If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
                              connection.
                              If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
                              that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Comment

Working...
                              X