Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

I don't get it. Why does Yitien have a real money trade post but wartune doesn't?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it. Why does Yitien have a real money trade post but wartune doesn't?

So the main reasons why people don't want any kind of trade system in Wartune is due to exploits and easy farming. Yet the new game Yitien which resembles Wartune in a lot of ways has a real money tradepost. There real money currency is ignots. Not to mention you are able to aquire this through monsters called lore beasts that drop them in cities. So my point is what is the real reason why Wartune is getting shafted here when it comes to earning balens. If it isn't about exploits or something like that. Then why can't we have one? Supposedly devs confirmed that Wartune will be getting the auction house "soon" but that was stated back in Sept when the game released. The reason they stated were some "bugs" happened and they needed to fix it before releasing it. I find that load of bull and I also find the reason of exploits being a load of bull as well. The only reason that comes to mind is greediness and wanting everyone to pay the over price items. Discuss.

As a player, I'm kind of against the trade system as it is really easily open to exploit.

I am aware that there are proponents to both sides -- for trade and against trade.
    I can give you my views but prefer to take it to the "suggestions/feedback" subforum.

I'd prefer a real developer answer this question here.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      As a player, I'm kind of against the trade system as it is really easily open to exploit.

I am aware that there are proponents to both sides -- for trade and against trade.
      I can give you my views but prefer to take it to the "suggestions/feedback" subforum.

I'd prefer a real developer answer this question here.
      Well I do agree that there may be exploits but all games can be "exploited" it's just the risk you need to take to make the game more fair to everyone and actually set up some economy. I don't see that a big enough issue to not have one though. Just my opinion on the subject though. Also I don't think that is the reason why the devs don't want it in here. As the other games have trade systems in them. If it was that reason then all games won't have a trade a system. Not just wartune. Lastly, this was more of a discussion based on why Wartune doesn't have any sort of trade system or auction house in place while there other new game has plenty of ways to earn real money currency in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
        So the main reasons why people don't want any kind of trade system in Wartune is due to exploits and easy farming. Yet the new game Yitien which resembles Wartune in a lot of ways has a real money tradepost. There real money currency is ignots. Not to mention you are able to aquire this through monsters called lore beasts that drop them in cities. So my point is what is the real reason why Wartune is getting shafted here when it comes to earning balens. If it isn't about exploits or something like that. Then why can't we have one? Supposedly devs confirmed that Wartune will be getting the auction house "soon" but that was stated back in Sept when the game released. The reason they stated were some "bugs" happened and they needed to fix it before releasing it. I find that load of bull and I also find the reason of exploits being a load of bull as well. The only reason that comes to mind is greediness and wanting everyone to pay the over price items. Discuss.
        Maybe they should have just like Yitien. Where theres a little shop area, you pick that item and buy it then u receive it and the other person gets money.
        Game: Wartune
        Server: 2 Edena Village
        Class: Mage
        Name: Mary Magdalene
        Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
        Flying with the fishes,
        Or maybe in the Ocean,
        swimming with the pigeons,
        See my world is Different.

Comment

Fair question. Each game has it's own sets of developers, so we can't compare one game's content to anothers.

This version of Wartune is a partnership with another company to publish the game in English. As such, everything that might be put into the game from the original version has to be agreed upon by both sides. The inability to trade in Wartune has nothing to do with the point of views of the players, or with greed. That feature hasn't been implemented because of the issues that might arise with the inclusion of a trading method that the partnership in whole hasn't been able to work out the kinks on. That's really all there is to it..
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Fair question. Each game has it's own sets of developers, so we can't compare one game's content to anothers.

This version of Wartune is a partnership with another company to publish the game in English. As such, everything that might be put into the game from the original version has to be agreed upon by both sides. The inability to trade in Wartune has nothing to do with the point of views of the players, or with greed. That feature hasn't been implemented because of the issues that might arise with the inclusion of a trading method that the partnership in whole hasn't been able to work out the kinks on. That's really all there is to it..
            Though the original version of this game from China has it and they don't seem to have a problem. So I still don't understand bc if the original version has to give the okay to R2 before placing it in then why won't they? If there are problems that may arise and need to be worked out then why does the original version have it still?

Comment

Though the original version of this game from China has it and they don't seem to have a problem. So I still don't understand bc if the original version has to give the okay to R2 before placing it in then why won't they? If there are problems that may arise and need to be worked out then why does the original version have it still?
              You've misinterpreted what I said. R2 isn't waiting for okay from the original version. The original version is a separate entity, they have nothing to do with what content is excluded as long as it doesn't break the licensing agreement.

The partnership is between R2 and the people who own the other english wartune. It's them who have to come to an agreement on putting a trading method in, how it's going to function, and how to prevent the rampant gold and item farming that goes with the territory, and well, some people have no morals and would find a way to abuse a function that allowed the trade of balens.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                You've misinterpreted what I said. R2 isn't waiting for okay from the original version. The original version is a separate entity, they have nothing to do with what content is excluded as long as it doesn't break the licensing agreement.

The partnership is between R2 and the people who own the other english wartune. It's them who have to come to an agreement on putting a trading method in, how it's going to function, and how to prevent the rampant gold and item farming that goes with the territory, and well, some people have no morals and would find a way to abuse a function that allowed the trade of balens.
                Can easily solve that with restrictions in place. Yes it will still be "exploitable" but much much harder and not many people would be willing to go through all that . Since well even though people are immoral. Majority of people are lazy to do things. They rather get what they want done fast. Reason why there are such things as hacks out for games. Want the easy way out and by putting restrictions to use such a function i.e. Have friendship lvl of 5+ or be lvl 45+, etc would make things much harder and longer before you are able to exploit it. It is impossible to stop everyone from exploiting such things in any game. However, just removing such a function isn't the way to fix things. it creates more imbalance and other issues in the game. As already stated the new game has a real money trade post. So I don't see the issue with having such a thing in wartune either if it was going to create a massive havoc. Other English versions which you can find on the net also has the real money auction house. Lastly, if there is some bugs or w/e that need to be fixed before releasing it then how long can it take? I am sure it can't be that big of a problem and a simply putting such restrictions can fix all the issues they have with it.

Comment

Trading accelerates end-game, though this is not the reason for having non-trading.

If you've actually visited the Chinese servers, you will find that the top 100 players are level 80 with maxed red astrals, maxed legendary 70 gear, maxed everything.
                  They basically quitted and/or waiting for new content. New content is coming out tooooooooooo slowly..

Maybe you would like to reach that state ASAP, but I sure wouldn't. I know if I am level 80 with everything maxed, I will quit...
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    Trading accelerates end-game, though this is not the reason for having non-trading.

If you've actually visited the Chinese servers, you will find that the top 100 players are level 80 with maxed red astrals, maxed legendary 70 gear, maxed everything.
                    They basically quitted and/or waiting for new content. New content is coming out tooooooooooo slowly..

Maybe you would like to reach that state ASAP, but I sure wouldn't. I know if I am level 80 with everything maxed, I will quit...
                    That is true and can be really boring. If I myself got to that point where reaching max lvl with max everything and no real content has been released I probably would be on hiatus as well. However, keep in mind that it also speeds it up fast enough to not make the game too slow where as you need to be at your pc 24/7 to do things. Not everyone has all day to farm summoners and things like that to get gear and what not. Sure the "challenges" are fun but in order to even partake in such "challenges" you need to spend even more time farming camps and such to get keys for farming summoners. Which can take months alone just to get the required keys. With out any shop specials you be likely to do one full 20 summons x3 per week. Since not many people have thousands of keys laying around. If they do not implement such trading system. They really need to rework this challenge since it is way too long of a project just to get one set. Then repeat it again for the next set. Also it deters people from wanting to make new characters or change servers or things like that. If you are unable to transfer goods over to your other toons. You be more likely to stay with one. Which can be good and bad.

Good in the sense it creates dedication and allows you just to concentrate on one toon. Bad in the sense though you can't enjoy any other class and see how they are like with out spending even more money. Say Wartune decides to implement a new class out there. With all games everyone loves to try out new classes. Not being able to xfer over gear or mats around you be more than likely not to even cash out for that new toon. We probably won't have to worry about that since there is no sign of any new classes being released but I hope you get my point from this. Being able to trade allows you do do things a bit faster so you won't be on the pc all day as well as gives you the flexablity to play around with all the chars with out shelling out thousands of dollars per toon you play. Overall in my opinion I think having some sort of economy system has more pros than cons to it.

Comment

That is true and can be really boring. If I myself got to that point where reaching max lvl with max everything and no real content has been released I probably would be on hiatus as well. However, keep in mind that it also speeds it up fast enough to not make the game too slow where as you need to be at your pc 24/7 to do things. Not everyone has all day to farm summoners and things like that to get gear and what not. Sure the "challenges" are fun but in order to even partake in such "challenges" you need to spend even more time farming camps and such to get keys for farming summoners. Which can take months alone just to get the required keys. With out any shop specials you be likely to do one full 20 summons x3 per week. Since not many people have thousands of keys laying around. If they do not implement such trading system. They really need to rework this challenge since it is way too long of a project just to get one set. Then repeat it again for the next set. Also it deters people from wanting to make new characters or change servers or things like that. If you are unable to transfer goods over to your other toons. You be more likely to stay with one. Which can be good and bad.

Good in the sense it creates dedication and allows you just to concentrate on one toon. Bad in the sense though you can't enjoy any other class and see how they are like with out spending even more money. Say Wartune decides to implement a new class out there. With all games everyone loves to try out new classes. Not being able to xfer over gear or mats around you be more than likely not to even cash out for that new toon. We probably won't have to worry about that since there is no sign of any new classes being released but I hope you get my point from this. Being able to trade allows you do do things a bit faster so you won't be on the pc all day as well as gives you the flexablity to play around with all the chars with out shelling out thousands of dollars per toon you play. Overall in my opinion I think having some sort of economy system has more pros than cons to it.
                      I must agree that Wartune is a little time consuming.
                      In the 2 days of downtime, I find myself being liberated. I played starcraft 2, took a nap, and wondered to myself "How did I spend the last 5 months....?" and had a slight tinged of regret..

Of course, I forgotten all about my regret when Wartune came back up again.

Personally, it's time to take stock of my resources (time and money), and plan for the future.. if I should stay or not.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

"trading system" is quite easily exploited, let me give a example, as you know, wartune has "first time to charge" bonus. If "trading" is available, I will create a large amount alt accounts, and recharge a small piece of balens for each of accounts, then "trade" the bonus to my main character. another good example is running catacomb for each of accounts everyday, then "trade" the crypt tokens to my main character. just imagine what will happens: every server might only have few "real" people and lots of "robots", the result is this game will die quickly.

Can easily solve that with restrictions in place. Yes it will still be "exploitable" but much much harder and not many people would be willing to go through all that . Since well even though people are immoral. Majority of people are lazy to do things. They rather get what they want done fast. Reason why there are such things as hacks out for games. Want the easy way out and by putting restrictions to use such a function i.e. Have friendship lvl of 5+ or be lvl 45+, etc would make things much harder and longer before you are able to exploit it. It is impossible to stop everyone from exploiting such things in any game. However, just removing such a function isn't the way to fix things. it creates more imbalance and other issues in the game. As already stated the new game has a real money trade post. So I don't see the issue with having such a thing in wartune either if it was going to create a massive havoc. Other English versions which you can find on the net also has the real money auction house. Lastly, if there is some bugs or w/e that need to be fixed before releasing it then how long can it take? I am sure it can't be that big of a problem and a simply putting such restrictions can fix all the issues they have with it.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                        Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                        Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Trading will be available in newer patches. The currency will be balens.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                            Trading will be available in newer patches. The currency will be balens.
                            Where did you get this info?

Comment

I play the chinese version.

Comment

Working...
                              X